main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

RE: Forest of the Sith: Social Thread v3.0

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by ChrisHanel, Apr 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. teutonicknight

teutonicknight Jedi Youngling star 2

May 10, 2002
    Ahh!!! My mouse is really dying on me!

Anyway, I still have keyboard!

...We're doing state standardized testing right now at my school... eck...

2. LordSerba

LordSerba Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 9, 2002
    Goulash, I's loves goulash.

3. Jedi_Spiff

Jedi_Spiff Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 2, 2003
    I like hasenpfeffer.

For some reason "Goulash" reminded me of Looney Tunes.

-Spiff

4. DarthSlimer

DarthSlimer Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 24, 2001
    1. The word "uber".
    2. The people who won't stop drinking and being obnoxious in the park across the street.
    3. People who only take on accents when talking about a Latin American country. For example, when people from Jersey say "Cooba" instead of "Cuba".
    4. Starbucks.
    5. NYC Traffic cops. They're like friggin' ninjas.

- Rico (has more where that came from)

5. 20x6

20x6 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 10, 2003
    Wow, I just now saw that the social thread changed. So here's my input on some stuff from the first page. If you're into making movies as a career I think you need to come to LA at some point. Not that films can't be made anywhere else, but trust me, it's something to be experienced.

Today we were filming on the Universal Studios lot. Half our shots were interiors but I still got a sun burn. Anyway I thought that Tron costume post was hilarious because the main characters in this film just happen to wear homemade Tron costumes! In fact we shot a couple of those scenes today. It's a crazy world it is.

6. DeadEyesSmiling

DeadEyesSmiling Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 4, 2003
    Which would you rather....

Cut off your nipple with a pair of scissors

Or

Stick a nail under your big toenail and kick it against the wall as hard as you can

???

-DeadEyesSmiling

7. DorkmanScott

DorkmanScott Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    No, I wouldn't.

M. Scott

8. Sage_Halcyon

Sage_Halcyon Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2002
    How about... Sliding down a slide with razor blades wedged into the bottom and sides while wearing underwear caked in honey and bellyfloping onto a fireant bed that just so happens to be surrounded by mounds of salt?

That happened to Brandon Flyte once... He said he liked it... Weird...

Sage H.

9. Janz_Walker

Janz_Walker Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 9, 2000
    Top 5 annoyances? Hmm...

1. Getting up early for class
    2. free thinkers that are closed minded
    3. forum trolls
    4. lack of time. Always. No time.
    5. Butter nuts. I hate butter nuts. 8-}

On a related note... winter chili, Choice. Exactly. Couldn't agree with you more. It's just sad many folks don't know about the choices they really have. In real life and in that film.

10. ThePaladin

ThePaladin Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2004
    Cut off your nipple with a pair of scissors

Or

Stick a nail under your big toenail and kick it against the wall as hard as you can

Nipple.

11. Tempestjonny

Tempestjonny Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 6, 2002
    how great, i have a computer break down and miss a few days on the boards and its all change. what happened to the old social thread, where'd it go?

as for things that annoy me

1. having to wait 5 weeks after america to get films
    2. Leaving the forum for a few days and having
    3. butter trolls
    4. How easy it is to break my prossesor
    5. cows

12. LordSerba

LordSerba Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 9, 2002
    Why in the world do guys have nipples anyway?

13. ThePaladin

Jan 2, 2004
    God did that special for Dorkman. At least, that's according to the Alaskan rag, "Borealis Boredom". Quite entertaining. They ask stupid questions, give four answers to choose from, add it all up, and publish the results. Nipples on men are an exciting thing for homosexuals got 53 percent, while Nipples on men are an accident of evolution got 39. I don't remember the other two.

EDIT: This was not meant to be offensive BTW, it's just my answer to the asked question, in my usual posting method.

14. GreenGreatWarrior

GreenGreatWarrior Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2003
    Read/Watch Jurassic Park and you will get the answer :).

Owen ;)

15. Noobie_Wan_Kenobi

Noobie_Wan_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 3, 2004

Because we're all girls at first.

16. ThePaladin

Jan 2, 2004
    Actually, according to the Bible, Adam was first. Then, out of Adam, God created eve. Some say this is just a cute way of saying, we're all the same.

But anyway, Girls came from guys, so the answer is, why do girls have nipples? It's stolen technology IMO. Actually though, it was stolen, and improved. I never really got a charge from looking at a mans nipples. Did you?

Not that I've seen a womans nipples, of course.

:::tries to forget theotherguys nipples:::

17. Noobie_Wan_Kenobi

Feb 3, 2004
    I don't believe in the bible. I don't believe in any God. I believe in science.

PLEASE. Let it end here. We don't need any more God vs. The scientists here. We have had enough of that.

PEACE! :)

18. ThePaladin

Jan 2, 2004
    Yay! Someone who believes in Science finally.

I believe in science too, whole heartedly.

BTW, science means aquired knowledge. I believe in every bit of evidence that scientists have aquired, and I believe it to be accurate. So HA!

19. DarthArjuna

DarthArjuna Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 14, 2002
    Six pages already? Don't you guys have a life?

Ummm...

Question retracted.

At least it's not as bad as the last one. 20 pages in one day? I still have something against Jedi_KNick for that...

I think this guy pulls it off a little better. This makes me want to see a Halo movie.

This is better. Bet it's more expensive, though.

RE: The triangles. Without the space, you'll notice that the hypotenuse (long edge) of the triangle bows in slightly. Once it's rearranged, it bows out slightly, allowing for the empty space.

Cut off your nipple with a pair of scissors...

"You might be a redneck if you've ever had your nipple bitten off by a beaver... DID NOT BITE IT, BIT IT OFF!"

--Jeff Foxworthy, Blue Collar Comedy Tour.

RE: God vs. Science. I believe in God, but not in most of the stuff in the Bible.

20. Noobie_Wan_Kenobi

Feb 3, 2004
    Build your own steady cam...

link

:p

21. Joey__P

Joey__P Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 18, 2003
    "I have nipples, could you milk me?" - Robert DeNiro

22. ThePaladin

Jan 2, 2004
    "I'd be glad to miss. The target that is. I always miss that damn target."

EDIT: Anyone here played farcry? Awesome it is. Random movies can be made, and have been....

23. darth_paul

darth_paul Jedi Master star 5

Apr 24, 2000

Because we're all girls at first.

Actually, according to the Bible, Adam was first.
    Actually, Paladin, I think NWK's point wasn't so much that women came first. I believe he was referring to the fact that all human embryos begin life as female and that it takes a subsequent hormonal change to produce a male. Of course, I'd bet the information necessary to begin this hormone's production is found in the Y chromosome, so it's already a foregone conclusion by the time sperm and egg unite to form the embryo; nevertheless, you started life as a girl.

For what it's worth, I'm a Christian and I've not found an area of modern scientific thinking that is incompatible with my faith, including evolutionary theory. Of course, I am not entirely a Bible literalist. Which is not to say that you shouldn't be; I am a firm believer in the idea that people should be able to have their individual faiths without other people trying to push them around and tell them what they should believe.

Did you know, I was once told I was not a Christian by someone whom I had told that I believed the theory of the Big Bang or an occurence similar to it was likely true? I really, really wonder what she would have said had she known I think human evolution is highly likely.

-Paul

Edit: I can't type this morning.

24. Noobie_Wan_Kenobi

Feb 3, 2004
    Thanks Paul. That was what I meant. :)

25. ThePaladin

Jan 2, 2004
    That was indeed the joke Darth_Paul. I thought everyone knew that. However, according to modern science, we start out as a fish, turn amphibian, transform into a reptile, and then into a mammal, all before being born. But THEN the most drastic change of all. Female, to Male.

I only believe the Femail to Male part, since the FARM cycle was disproved. Ha, that makes it nonmodern science then doesn't it? Oh well. It's 5 AM here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.