main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Canada RE: How are the Candians doing in the Olympics??

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Entil`Zha, Feb 10, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Entil`Zha

Entil`Zha Jedi Master star 4

Jul 9, 1999
    You're right, Jamie Sale, very cute!

So far, no medals... With our seasons, we should be one of the best countries in the Winter Olympics... I don't get it... oh yes I do... you kids are too lazy and too fat!! Get out there, do some sports and win us a few medals!!!!

2. Admiral_Thrawn60

Admiral_Thrawn60 Jedi Youngling star 6

Jul 8, 2000
    Only Canadian snowboarder just fell in the halfpipe. :(

Salle and Petiiche (sp)! How can you fall on a simple thing like that? It wasn't even an element!

I'll watch anything, as long as Canadians are competing, but hockey is the event I'm most excited about.

C'mon, Team Canada! We are Canadians! We will settle for nothing less than gold, for it is gold that we deserve, because we are number one!

3. Bria

Bria Manager Emeritus, -MNFF Council star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 15, 1999
    I watched that. Very cool. :)

Congrats Klassen, Canada, and Winnipeg. :)

Nice banner, by the way. :D

~*~Bria

4. Entil`Zha

Jul 9, 1999
    Women Hockey: The only thing I could watch was a part of the first period and they were leading 3-0..

5. Bria

May 15, 1999
    Sale and Pelletier got the gold in pairs figure skating....... :eek:

WTH?!?!? :mad: They SHOULD'VE got 1's, not 2's!!!! :mad: The gold belongs to *them!*

BAD, BAD judges!!! *smacks judges* [face_mischief]

~*~Bria

6. Bria

May 15, 1999
    Sadly that's true. The Russian team skated well :), but tonight their performance did not deserve the gold medal. They did have a goof up, and as a result, they should've gotten silver.

I hate how politics has screwed over this sport so many times. :mad:

~*~Bria

7. BigGuy

BigGuy Jedi Youngling

Feb 12, 2002
    Hi all,

Very disappointed in that B.S. last night. What really get's me going was that pair that got the Bronze. They were crap, falling allover the place, yet they get the bronze. How in the name of hell can they justify giving us Gold, when they gave those two the bronze for a crap performance?

BTW - [face_love]Jamie Sale [face_love] is so friggin' gorgeous. I find it painful just looking at her, she's [face_love] beautiful, [face_love] stunning, [face_love] hot, you name it...

[face_love]

8. Bria

May 15, 1999
    Skating and gymnastics seem to be stuck in the past when it comes to judging. :(

I saw Jeremy Wotherspoon. That was a real pity. :( But I was happy when the US swept in snowboarding. :D

~*~Bria

9. Uilmuteiz

Uilmuteiz RSA Emeritus star 4

Dec 4, 2000
    About the Figure Skating in couple competition, some information came out today about a concensus of judges to favorise a certain couple.

The problem came from france, it's the france judge who gave them the second place..

As David said later on, we'll see in two days from now, when the other competition come's and there will be no french judges for this one.. hehehe they just lost an ally :)

10. Bria

May 15, 1999
    Here's some stuff I pulled off the offical Olympic site:

Figure skating is a nuanced -- and political -- sport. The five judges who went for Berezhnaya and Sikharulidze were from Russia, China, Ukraine, Poland and France. Canada, the United States, Japan and Germany preferred the poppier style of Canadian pair Jamie Sale and David Pelletier.

For the approximately 4 1/2 minutes that Sale and Pelletier were on the ice, the arena was indeed theirs. Their performance to a rendition of "Love Story" was more than clean -- it was captivating. But the judges went for Berezhnaya and Sikharulidze by a margin of 5-4. The Russians' gold was tarnished by the unpopular result.

Everyone in that arena and anyone watching who is honest with themselves, knows that that gold rightfully belongs to Sale and Pelletier. *sigh*

I still look forward to watching Elvis Stojko... (the only other Canadian name I recognized). :)

~*~Bria

11. Entil`Zha

Jul 9, 1999
    It's official, there will be an investiguation about that gold medal that rightfully belongs to Sale and Pelletier. I hope those corrupt judges will be dealt with appropriate care.

12. Admiral_Thrawn60

Jul 8, 2000
    I am not a skating fan, but to see Canada get screwed over like that, again and again... that is an inexcuseable crime.

These judges must be dealth with. No longer will Canada allow itself to be robbed of its rightful gold medals.

13. Bria

May 15, 1999
    I have the Olympics on, and they just said that sometime tonight they would be talking to Jamie and David.

I felt so bad for them both last night. :_|

~*~Bria

14. Woofer

Woofer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2001
    OK. Nitpick.

Who the heck are the Candians???

Is that some group of people who are made from candy or just eat a lot of candy?

And if they are at the Olympics, would they not be in danger of being eaten by small German children?

15. Admiral_Thrawn60

Jul 8, 2000
    Someone in a JCC thread was calling us the "Canadiens".

That same person was declaring that there is no corruption in figure skaing judging, and that the Russians deserved their medal. He also said it was the Canadian judge that was corrupt. He's American.

16. Bria

May 15, 1999
    I'm American and I can sure see the corruption for what it is. :mad:

Right after the interview with Jamie and David it was reported that the French judge admitted to having a deal made with the Russian judge, in order to get a vote for the French ice dancing team. :mad:

That judge should be disbarred, no questions asked. That is unacceptable. :mad:

~*~Bria

17. YoungJediNiagara

YoungJediNiagara RSA Emeritus FF Canada star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 23, 2001
    My wife heard that a French judge was offered a bribe (and offered to others too).

The French judge approched the Olympic people to confess.

18. Woofer

Woofer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2001
    Oh sure!! Someone with mod abilities *cough*cbjedi*cough* goes and changes the topic and makes me look more dumb than usual!

19. Bria

May 15, 1999
    Canadians and Americans in 7, 8, and 9th.
    Still a chance, and I'll be keeping my fingers crossed...

Now what happens? The French judge was bought out, but still? Will they take the gold away?

~*~Bria

20. YoungJediNiagara

Mar 23, 2001
    It was on a U.S. station.

We have a U.S satalite (but are watching the CBC with rabbit ears).

Edit: Sorry Bria....spell check first kids.

21. Bria

May 15, 1999
    Covery? ?[face_plain]

I heard it on NBC...

~*~Bria

22. Bria

May 15, 1999
    Hey, they were on Jay. That was great. Jay presented the Canadian flag and promised it would fly for the rest of the show.

I'm so happy that at least Jamie and David know the majority of ppl are behind them. :)

~*~Bria

23. Bria

May 15, 1999
    Ah, ok. I got you. ;)

I was going to say I know for a fact that Canada gets NBC. I've watched it in Winnipeg (my Canadian home away from home). :)

~*~Bria

24. YoungJediNiagara

Mar 23, 2001
    OK...

I watched the entire press conference with the I.S.U. President.

Because foul language is not permitted on the FF boards, please upgrade my thoughts and references towards him for added meaning.

The President of the ISU is the biggest "donkey butt" I have ever seen!!!!!

He dodged every question, and then seemed to be offended when reporters called him on it. He offered nothing to help the situation and in fact made it worse.

25. Uilmuteiz

Uilmuteiz RSA Emeritus star 4

Dec 4, 2000
    I admit he his nothing but a huge pile *wampa poodoo*
    anyhow, this comes back to the old question answered as follow

Jedi should rule the world. then neutrality would prevail and no such error would happen.

This is when I whish I was a real grey jedi, and I would be kicking some ISU president ya know. (I whish we still could have some liberty)

Anyhow, we'll see what happens as the dancing competition are coming up. there you'll see what happens when you piss off canadians. mouhahahahahaha

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.