main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Resource Re: Hyperspace travel times

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by twowolves, Oct 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. twowolves

twowolves Jedi Master star 4

Oct 6, 2013
    Rather than pour through two hundred pages of threads (writers are lazy indeed!) to find the one I saw not long ago, I figured I'd just ask the question myself and get an updated thread out there for everyone.

Hyperspace travel time. While travel should move at the speed of plot, there must be some kind of realistic correlation between a character just hopping into a starship, and then just arriving. I had found a chart at http://www.starwars-chronicles.com/Hyperspace_Travel_Time.htm that I had found in one of the threads here, but it doesn't account for whether or not a character is traveling along a hyperspace corridor, or just out in the boonies. Traveling along a corridor would reduce time, whereas going off the corridor (for whatever reason) would greatly slow time as the ship's navicomputer has to calculate new coordinates instead of relying on established ones.

Any links to other such charts that are a little more detail oriented would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.