main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

RE: Important News for all Rebels

Discussion in 'Archive: Boston, MA' started by Darth Dowe, Mar 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth Dowe

Darth Dowe Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 23, 1999
    Well I'd like to throw my hat into the ring.
    You all know me.
    I've been in the Rebels since Oct. 01

If I'm voted CR, I'd like to keep things running smoothly.
    I really like the Staff system we have going. It's possible that we could have a new staff position. Somebody to help the n00bs adjust to the Boston Rebels. I think this will help avoid a problem we had in the recent past.

Also, I'd like to have the group help Dave (the Event Coordinator) come up with ideas for future meets. Everybody has great ideas, and this will give Dave the help he needs for meets.

I'd also like to see more cross-FF meets with NH and RI when the weather gets warmer. My goal with meets overall is to get us out of the movie theatre, and to have lots of fun.

Not much else to say. Thanks!

2. Ryno

Ryno Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    Hello everyone,

I think everyone knows me at this point.

I?d like to take a second to thank Roy for all of his work as CR of the group. I?d also like to wish him the best with things and let him know I hope he continues as an active member of the group. It just wouldn?t be the same without him. I?ve known about this for about a week now but kept quiet in order to honor Roy?s wishes.

Being the Chapter Rep of this group doesn?t seem like it will always be an easy job and I?ve said in the past it?s one that I wouldn?t want. But when Roy contacted me and told me he wanted me to take over I had to at least think it over.

After giving it considerable thought I have decided to run for Chapter Rep of the Boston Rebels.

The next year is going to be a little bit of a challenge. We have two years before the next movie and interest may be hard to maintain in the meantime (despite the upcoming Clone Wars Animated Series.). We are going to have to work really hard to make this fantastic group of ours continue to grow. Here is a brief list of ideas that I think will help with that.

1) Promote the group with flyers to be placed at local Comic and Hobby stores.( I?ve already made contact with someone at New England Comics about that)
    2) To get some press and publicity for The Darth Vader World Tour. I hope to make contact with Star Wars Insider about the project, and possibly offer T-shirts to other Chapters that are taking part in the tour.
    3) Create an environment where new members feel welcome and encouraged to contribute to the group.
    4) As I had discussed with Tony the other day. I think that group meetings with other NE Chapters would be a great deal of fun.

The fact of the matter is that the job of Chapter Rep shouldn?t be about getting your colors or being able to post more than once a minute. It?s not about wanting access to restricted threads. It should be about putting the good of the Boston Rebels first. If you vote for me I promise that?s exactly what I will do. If you have any questions about my thoughts for the group or any suggestions please feel free to contact me on AIM. My screen name is ssliney2000.

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

3. TK7771

TK7771 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2001
    First off I just wanna say how it saddens me to have to step down from being your CR.I have met some really cool people in this group and have made some awesome friends.I wouldnt trade in the times I have had with this group for anything i the world (ok a couple of things pop into mind, but I doubt I'd get em anyway ;) ).

As for why I'm stepping down.I took a long hard look at my life and where it was headed,and to be honest,I dont like the looks of it.I need to get my priorities straight and in doing so, I wouldn't have the time to act as CR of this group.You all deserve so much better.Believe me its nothing personal.I truly love and appreciate the time and effort that everyone in this group has shown.And from what I understand,we have a new member(s) that I'm sorry I didnt get a chance to meet yet.

As for who is to take my place.I leave it up to you all to vote and decide.But dont just vote for someone because you think they are cool,or cause your frindlier with them then someone else.Think who would be better for the group as a whole.Someone who isnt just after pretty colors and a fancy title.Trust me its not all that grand.This group needs strong yet supportive leadership.Someone who isnt in it for themselves!

So far it looks like we have 2 in the running.Both have been members for awhile and have been very loyal to the group.

I could write more,but its late and I'm tired.If anyone wants to know more PM me,IM me,email me.I'll be glad to explain it all to you.

4. Darth Dowe

Oct 23, 1999
    Well said, Roy. We'll miss ya.
    If anybody has any questions for the candidates, this is the thread to post in (unless you want a private question).

Good Luck to Scott and whoever else signs up! :)

5. Pellaeon69187

Pellaeon69187 Jedi Master star 5

Dec 28, 2000
    Silly politicians...when I take over it will be through military might! ...er, I mean, Um...good luck to the both of you.

Good bye Roy, and good luck in getting your life the way you want it to be. I know you'll do it and I know you'll be back to make our group whole again. MTFBWY

6. Dex1138

Dex1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 1999
    Maybe we can contact Gentle Giant and have them do a bust of Roy so we can start a CR hall o fame for the Rebels ;) Kinda like the Jedi Archives...
    Anyway, I'm sure I speak for most everyone when I say good luck to you Roy and the Force (and the Rebels) will be with you...

Always

7. Sebulba2179

Sebulba2179 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 5, 2002
    Just a qvick qvestion for Strawbary or whoever is running the election: Who's going to receive the E-mails and tally the votes?

8. Ryno

Ryno Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    It's my understanding that Roy will handle counting the votes. Whoever is running will get a count on the votes but will not know who is voting for whom.

9. Mandalorian_Warrior

Mandalorian_Warrior Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 19, 2002
    Roy, you were an awsome friend and I had a good time while you were here in the group. I'll miss you and wish you luck in what you're doing and I hope to see you back someday.

10. Sebulba2179

Feb 5, 2002
    I dunno, Scott--I was thinking perhaps somebody neutral should handle it. Like Strawbary if she has the time. If not, then perhaps somebody from a nearby FanForce, or another RSA? God knows it couldn't be any more time-consuming than Bush and Gore. :p

11. Ryno

Ryno Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    That would be fine by me. I think it's a good idea.

12. Darth Dowe

Oct 23, 1999
    That seems like a good idea.
    A neutral person counting seems fool proof.

Does anybody else like the idea of Strawbary counting the votes (if she has time!)?

13. Ryno

Ryno Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    That would be fine by me.

14. strawbary

strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    I want to say that I am sad to see Roy go but I understand how Real life can take over at times ;)
    I wish you well Roy and hope to see you posting on here still.........
    Good luck to you....you've been a great CR.:)

As far as the votes go everyone can just PM me the votes and I can tally them to keep it neutral........good luck to everyone running.

If anyone has any questions or concerns please feel free to PM me :)

Strawbary

15. Mandalorian_Warrior

Mandalorian_Warrior Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 19, 2002
    that idea sounds good to me

16. Darth Dowe

Oct 23, 1999
    Ok, so Strawbary is the judge.
    She said that it would be easier to PM her your vote instead of the email.
    Don't worry, we'll keep the email address for future BR refferendums. :)

PM Strawbary the following:

1.) Your Name
    2.) Your Screen Name
    3.) Who you are voting for

Good luck to all.

EDIT: PM her Wed. through Sat. of this week.

17. Meriwyn

Meriwyn Former RSA star 4

Mar 22, 2002
    I'll miss you Roy! :( However, I very much understand when Darth Real Life gets in the way...LOL. I'll always be here if you need me, and I stand by ready to help out the new CR if needed :)

Good luck to Roy and to the nominees.

18. TK7771

Jul 22, 2001
    Thanks all(well to the ones who mean it anyway ;) ),it means alot to me.

As for the vote counts, have whoever you want to count em.It doesnt really matter to me.Just good to know who really trusts you.

19. Jedi Windu

Jedi Windu Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 1999
    Well Roy Anyway good luck to you and the Force (and the Rebels) will be with you.

20. Jedi_Knight150

Jedi_Knight150 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 26, 2002
    Good luck Roy. I'm gonna miss ya. The Force (and the Rebels) will be with you.

21. Sebulba2179

Feb 5, 2002
    Roy, whatever else you do in life, don't stop being uber-cool. You were an awesome CR and an even more awesome guy to hang out with. I know how you feel cuz I'm locked in combat with Darth Real Life as well, so keep the faith and keep the hope.

Oh, and here's one lesson I've already learned--when facing DRL and smashing the bridge in front of him, don't stand there and watch him fall. He'll use his whip to bring you down with him. :p

Be strong, buddy.

22. Sebulba2179

Feb 5, 2002
    >~< NOMINATIONS CLOSED >~<

Yes folks, it is that time: 12:00 midnight EST, Wednesday, March 26, 2003.

>~< VOTING OPEN. >~<

It will continue for precisely 96 hours from this moment. Votes close at 12:00 midnight EST, Sunday, March 30, 2003.

Good luck to both Scott and Tony. :)

Voting process: Submit your ballot via PM to Strawbary. Include 1) your real name, 2) your screen name, and 3) your choice for CR. That third one is really important, so don't fuhgeddaboudit. :p

>~< NOW VOTE! >~<

23. TK7771

Jul 22, 2001
    Good luck, your gonna need it

;)

24. Darth Dowe

Oct 23, 1999
    *Launching Sonic Vote Torpedo...*

[OB1]Blast, this is why I hate elections![/OB1] :p

25. Pellaeon69187