RE: Important News for all Rebels

Discussion in 'Boston, MA' started by Darth Dowe, Mar 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth Dowe Jedi Master

star 4
    Although Scott has won this contest, I must question the wisdom of letting some non-MA members vote, while denying other non-MA members the chance to vote. It seems like unfair politics to me.

If the group has deemed that a person is a Rebel, that person should be allowed to vote on the future of the Rebels, no matter what city or state they live in.

Although I do not know the actual numbers, the vote may have tied or changed the outcome of this election, because the race was so close.

I hope that this oversight can be fixed for the next election, so that the Rebels can fairly choose who they want to represent them.

Good luck to Scott this year! :)
  2. Sebulba2179 Force Ghost

star 4
    Ummm...could you clarify that first part, Tony? What do you mean that some non-MA members got to vote and some didn't? I thought it was open to everybody.
  3. Darth Dowe Jedi Master

star 4
    A certain person from RI was told that she couldn't vote becuase she was a staff member of another FF. This upset both Scott and I because we see her as a Rebel, and wanted all the Rebels' votes to count.

EDIT: The list of eligable voters was given to Strawbary. Then the decision was made to exclude certain members. It was out of the Rebels' hands. But it doesn't matter. I'm not contesting the election. I just want next year to be more fair.
  4. TK7771 Jedi Master

star 4
    I had a feeling this was gonna happen.

If I remember correctly,it was you guys that wanted Strawbary to count the votes.I was willing to do it cause i know who is a Rebel and who isnt.But that wasnt good enough for you guys.I believe the phrase was "somebody nuetral". So you really have no one to blame but yourselves on this matter.

5. Darth Dowe Jedi Master

star 4
  6. DarthMoby Jedi Master

star 4
    *looking over the votes*

Does this chad look pregnant to you guys? [face_mischief]
  7. strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus

star 5
    hmmm......all the votes submitted were the votes on the list I was given of Boston members..........was that not what you all agreed on?

Regardless of whether a certain person from RI was allowed or not to vote it would not have affected the outcome.......

I am not quite sure what the arguement here is..........are you upset because only boston members voted?

My question is why would you allow Members of another fanforce vote on something that doesnt pertain to their own group?
    If Syracuse had a CR election we wouldnt allow Rochester of buffalo to vote...it doesnt affect them.....so I am confused by the disagreement.....please clarify....... :)
  8. Pellaeon69187 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Congrats Scott!
    I'm sure you'll be good at being CR
  9. Pellaeon69187 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    because htat certain RI member is also a member of the Rebels. she was a Rebel first and in my eyes will always be considered a Rebel.
  10. Dex1138 Jedi Master

star 4
    Maybe this person didn't want to vote anyway?
  11. Pellaeon69187 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Indeed but regardless that person should have had the right to vote.
  12. strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus

star 5
    The list of eligable voters was given to Strawbary. Then the decision was made to exclude certain members. It was out of the Rebels' hands. But it doesn't matter. I'm not contesting the election. I just want next year to be more fair.

OK, let me clarify somehting right here and now because this is the last time I will explain this...........

I was asked to count the votes. I asked for a list of people that were voting so I was able to decipher duplicate votes...NEVER did I say only certain people can vote.

Everyone submitted their votes. There was one person on there who I felt should not have voted only because she is a member of another group........
    HOWEVER and let me repeat HOWEVER, if someone would have explained she was considered a member then I would have counted her vote..........

Now let me go on to make my point.....
    I am an RSA........that means I am here to help and advise everyone when they need things done or have concerns. I have no interest in rigging polls. I am here to help you not work against you.
    So I will set the record straight by saying......even now I am including Carries vote and Ryno is still the rightful winner. Everyones votes are counted that were pm'ed to me.....the winner still remains the same. The poll was done honestly and fairly.

I hope that clears up a few things for everyone.......

13. Darth Dowe Jedi Master

star 4
    Can't we just lock this thread and get it out of here?
    I don't know if anyone cares now.

We aren't going to do this the same way next year.
  14. strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus

star 5
    sure tony I would love to lock this thread, however I wanted to let everyone know that their RSA was being fair and only did what I was asked to do.....count the votes that were submitted to me via pm.........ALL votes were counted including carries......

EDIT: here are the numbers........
    13 pms were sent to me......
    Ryno received 7 votes
    Dowe recieved 6 votes.........

and yes tally includes EVERYONES votes.
  15. strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus

star 5
    I am locking this thread now if anyone has anything else to say on this matter they can contact me via PM........
    I would rather not have this get out of hand in here..........
  16. Darth Dowe Jedi Master

star 4
    Before you lock it, i want to apologize publicly for making it seem like you were a cheater. That is not what i meant. Thanks again, Strawbary for being the judge.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.