main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Cincin, OH (re)introductions and such

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by padawan_schlicher, Aug 15, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. padawan_schlicher

padawan_schlicher Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    Now that there seems to be some new beginnings here, I think it's time to (re)introduce myself. Hopefully the rest of you will follow suit and we can begin the process of getting to know eachother better.

My name is A.J. Schlicher, I'm originally from the Indianapolis area. I came to Cincinnati because of school, I attend(ed) Cincinnati Bible College, I got my Associates degree in Biblical Studies in the spring of 2002. Two days after graduation I was married to my fiancee of three years, we were married on our five year anniversary--five years to the day of when we started dating. She is also a member here on the board (drk-lady-of-the-sith) but doesn't post very often...she has more or less been dragged into the Star Wars thing because of me. She likes it, but not nearly as much as me. Our apartment is completely decorated in Star Wars currently, because of lack of place to store or display it all.

I remember seeing ROTJ in the theater, but also remember liking Star Wars before then. I've always really loved Star Wars but the OBSESSION really didn't start until the release of the POTF2 figures in '95. I'm a serious collector, and have recently become a completest in the 3 3/4 figures...I have everything from the beginning of the POTJ figures through Palpy, Chewy and Djas Puhr of the Saga figures and am working on filling in gaps in the rest of my collection. I saw TPM 10 times in the theater and have seen AOTC twice.

I've been in the Cicy Fanforce since before the first official meeting and have been to every meeting with the exception of the bbq. When I got married I didn't get my computer set up until now, which is why I haven't been around the boards for awhile.

I would really like to see this fanforce take off and be something special. I don't want to mimic any other club or fanforce, I want the group to evolve in it's own way. I't all of our group and I am willing to take suggestions as to what direction everyone wants to take with the fanforce.

Well that's enough about me, now it's everyone else's turn. You all don't have to get into so much personal detail; feel free to be as revealing or reserved as you feel comfortable with. Reguardless of how revealing you are at least let everyone know what you want out of the fanforce/what direction you would like to see the fanforce take.

2. Qui-Gon_Ludo

Qui-Gon_Ludo Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2002
    Hi Everybody!

My name is Ludovic Bardeche, VP of the Queencity force.
    I am native from Paris, France, and moved to the USA 2 years ago, to live with my then-fiancee Angel. We got married about 2 month ago, and are living a very happy married life :)
    I have been a star Wars fan as far as I can remember, and am a HUGE Star Wars collector (I collect pretty much everything).
    I love star Wars costuming, I am currently working on my Jango Fett outfit :D
    Like A.J., I have attended every FF meeting since its creation, exept for the cookout. I have been very busy since C2, getting married, and especially working on my "Green Card" paperwork.
    Anyways, that's pretty much everything for now. I would have to agree with A.J. on this: let's try to build our OWN Fanforce, let's develop it the way we want to, let's not try to be a carbon copy of other bigger FF (wich I believe was our mistake to start with).
    I hope to meet all the new faces very soon!! ;)

3. ImperialRecruiter

ImperialRecruiter Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 6, 2002
    Well, now it seems that we need this thread to be upped a bit. So now you'll all have to endure my little spiel...

I am John J. Berling, II (pretentious, huh? 8-} ). I've been a Cincy member since the beginning of the group. I've only missed the cookout meeting so far. I work at Andrew Jergens as an electrician. I saw A New Hope in the theaters in 1977, and it was the biggest coolest thing I can remember from then. (Yes, that makes me old to some of the younger whippersnappers here)

I've been collection Star Wars merchandise since then, of course. I don't get to spend as much on it as I'd like to, but that's cool with me. I'm happy with my minor aquisitions.

I'm also a super huge music fan with the major listening preference being Heavy Metal! I read a lot as well. I'm not married yet, but am happily engaged.

I could not guess how many times I've watched the original trilogy, but I've seen TPM in the theaters 3 times and AOTC in the theaters 2 times. I've seen TPM a whole slew of times on video as well, but not as much as the OT. I also totally dig the Universal Studios Classic Monsters!

I do the secretarial work for the group. At least as long as the work schedule doesn't get too crazy. If that happens, I may have to find a replacement.

4. Qui-Gon_Ludo

Jan 8, 2002
    Secretarial work.... :D LOL
    WHO'S YOUR DADDY IMP? LOLOL

5. ImperialRecruiter

Mar 6, 2002
    Um... judging by my choice of icon, some guy who had lightning shoot out of his hands a bunch. 8-}

6. Qui-Gon_Ludo

Jan 8, 2002
    LOL, you killed me with that one ;)

7. Lady_Lucas

Lady_Lucas Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 28, 2002
    Hi!

I am Angel and I have loved Star Wars for years now. I am a student at NKU majoring in Finance and married to Qui-Gon_Ludo.

I originally grew up in Michigan but I do like Ohio. I love costuming and I love watching my husband's collection grow! ;)

I am looking forward to what this group can accomplish! And ....

who's your mommy?? :D

8. nyjets

nyjets Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 29, 2001
    hi my name is nyjets i am unemployed don't know what star wars is libve in a gutter and skateboard all day

9. Lady_Lucas

Mar 28, 2002
    mmm sounds unimpressive

10. ImperialRecruiter

Mar 6, 2002
    You live in a gutter?!? [face_shocked] Do you at least have a cardboard box or newspaper to cover up with? [face_mischief]

11. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    Hi! My name is Don. I've never been to a Queen CIty Force meeting because well, I live in Cleveland, although I did meet Ludo and Lady Lucas at CII :) . I usually come here for the trivia. :D

12. nyjets

nyjets Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 29, 2001
    yeah it kinda sucks actuall i live in sayler park go to elder high school and enjoy punk music and skateboarding

13. Sean_Starrider

Sean_Starrider Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 30, 2002
    My name is Sean O'Brien and I am 25 years old. I have only joined these boards a few months ago due to the fact that I never had a computer before now. I just moved back home with the parents because my now ex-fiance ran up my credit card bills to excess of $6000. I have a degree in Broadcasting and I used to work at 97.3 but I was transferred to the freaking oldies station where it sucked and I quit. I currently don't work in radio, right now I am just working at a warehouse trying to get myself out of debt and am always in search of my queen whoever and wherever she may be. I love Star Wars more than anything...no matter what is on my mind, when i am reading a star wars book or watching one of the movies everything else fades away. I hosted the cookout at my house but i haven't met most of you and i look forward to meeting all of you.

14. Geekzapoppin

Geekzapoppin Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 24, 1999
    Hey all. I'm Brian. I went to one meeting waaaaaayyyyy back at the end of April (?) and had a pleasant time. I've been away from the boards for a while since things got kind of nasty. I'm glad to see that things are back on track and that everyone is friends again.

I live in Southgate in KY. I'm the Supervisor of Circulation and Reserves at Xavier U. I've been a SW fan since the age of five, when I saw the first film.

I must admit to being kind of disheartened by the prequels, but I still love the originals with all my heart. We'll leave it at that.

Sorry I missed out on the meeting this past weekend. I just moved to a new house, so I've been kind of busy anyhow. Hopefully I can make it to a future one.

15. padawan_schlicher

Mar 7, 2002
    Welcome back Geekz! Glad to see people returning. Hopefully we've seen the last of turmoil for the timebeing!

16. EliSkyhopper

EliSkyhopper Jedi Youngling

Sep 8, 2002
    Uh...hi...I'm new and I'm fleeing from Jnet were there killing all the jedi(the sith)and I really don't know what I'm doing.

17. padawan_schlicher

Mar 7, 2002
    Well I really don't know what you are doing, OR what you are talking about :) but welcome to the Cincinnati Fanforce reguardless! :)

18. EliSkyhopper

Sep 8, 2002
    Don't worry,I don't know what i'm doing either.

19. padawan_schlicher

Mar 7, 2002
    Nice to meet you anyways. Are you from the Cincy area?

20. drk-lady-of-the-sith

drk-lady-of-the-sith Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 2, 2002
    Hi! I'm Amber (Padawan's wife). I am 21 years old and a Secondary Education major with English emphasis at Cincinnati Bible College. I am originally from central Indiana, but moved here for college.

Before I met my Padawan (5 yrs ago), I had never sat through an entire episode of the Star Wars movies. By now, however, I have been completely exposed to all of the Star Wars culture. We even went to C2 all three days.

I like costuming, occasional RPG, playing Jedi Knight II Jedi Outcast, and of course runs to every Wal-mart, Target, and Toys R Us for action figures.

21. Lady_Lucas

Mar 28, 2002
    Nice to see you posting! ;)

22. EliSkyhopper

Sep 8, 2002
    Yeah I'm from the subrubs though

23. padawan_schlicher

Mar 7, 2002
    Close enough. Our next meeting will be a week from this today (sunday) and will probably be in Florence

24. EliSkyhopper

Sep 8, 2002
    I'll never be able to make it. :"(

25. Qui-Gon_Ludo

Jan 8, 2002
    Don't worry, there will be plenty of other meetings ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.