main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Cincin, OH (Re)Introductions

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Elan-Rai, Mar 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elan-Rai

Elan-Rai RSA Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 11, 2001
    Per CR request:

Basically this a place for the current and new members to post about who they are, where in the Tristate they are from, how long they've been in the group, their involvement in Star Wars fandom, their interests and hobbies outside of Star Wars. This might also be a good place to mention if you are "spoiled" or "spoiler free" for Episode III.

2. padawan_schlicher

padawan_schlicher Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    Thanks Elan-Rai! Literally couldn't have done it without ya!

Hi. I'm A.J. Schlicher, Chapter Rep for The Greater Cincinnati Tristate Triforce which is the name we have chose for our Fanforce. I've been involved with the FF since it first started about a month or so before C2. I am very centrally located; being just about 5 min. from downtown. I'm just about 20min or less from just about anywhere in the area. Because of this many of our functions have been held at our place. I say our because I am married to drk-lady-of-the-sith, Amber. Besides being involved in fanforce I am also an action figure collector. I am a "completest" in the 3 3/4 inch line, though I haven't always been, now whenever possible I have been trying to fill in the gaps in my collection from before I was a completest. I am also mildly into costuming; I've been working on a Boba Fett since before Episode 1. It's still a work in progress. Version 2.0 should be ready for CIII. I plan on going to CIII for the full 4 days, how long of those 4 days I'll actually be in costume I don't know yet, probably not too long ;) I am trying to stay spoiler free for Episode III. I was just the opposite for Episode II. I could have sat down and explained the whole plot start to finish weeks or maybe months before the release. Outside of StarWars I am into photography professionally and as a hobby. I also "collect" DVDs and I'm pretty well addicted to CSI and CSI Miami.

Guess that about sums me up. The rest you'll have to get to know me at meetings!

3. drk-lady-of-the-sith

drk-lady-of-the-sith Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 2, 2002
    Hi my name is Amber. I?ve been in the FF since it started as well. Padawan_Schlicher is my husband of almost 2 yrs. I do not collect SW stuff, but I do collect swords and other weapons. I am currently working on an Aayla Secura costume for CIII. I might do a few other costumes for the big event if time and money permit. I am staying spoiler free for Episode III.

4. r2fu2

r2fu2 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 20, 2004
    Hi I'm Mike just joined fanforce. Went to C2 plan on going to C3. In to some wierd things and want to go to C3 as a hutt.

5. r2fu2

r2fu2 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 20, 2004
    hi padawan and dark-lady

6. JediCandii

JediCandii Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 23, 2002
    Hi, I'm Candace. I'm a freshman special education major at Xavier University. I've been in this fan force since about late August or early September, and have also been a member of the JKOC since July of 2002, I believe. I'm trying to collect the books, but unfortunately my collection is pretty pitiful at of right now. I also kind of collect action figures, but not on a very regular basis. I mostly just go to the store and look at how pretty they are. Outside of the Star Wars universe I'm trying to collect all of the books in the Sweet Valley High, SVH: Senior Year, Sweet Valley University, and Elizabeth book series.

7. Exalted_1

Exalted_1 Jedi Master star 3

May 17, 2002
    My name is Mark. I also go by my Art pseudonym Daniel Marx.

This is a synopsis of how I see myself. What it dosen't tell you is that I am always open to new and different things. However, I live day by day in a social climate similar to the environment on Tatooine; barren and limited in the way of benevolent influences.

It occurred to me a long time ago that Star Wars is more than just a passing fascination with me. Nor is it an overriding obssesion which will eventually destroy me. It was, is, and will always be a part of who I am. To try and deny or suppress it in my life is to deny or suppress a part of myself.

The conflicts that I have had in my life mostly derive from either outside influences pressuring me to see my Fandom as some sort of deficiency within myself or from me trying to accomodate others by trying to believe what they are telling me. Both of those points of view are wrong. VERY wrong...

Without Star Wars I would not have seen the creativity within me, expanded my horizons to be curious about other cultures and beliefs, seen the beauty in the world around me, nor would I have been patient and tolerant enough to quietly persevere while my life produces one hardship after another. And it does this on a daily basis.

Make no mistake, Star Wars is a part of my life. A big part, but it isn't my Life. I don't require it to live. But it does help me to define how to live. To have the courage to follow my own path. To endeavor to do what I think is right. Reguardless if it benefits me or not. As long as I am true to who I am.

I guess what I'm saying is that I have figured out who I am in this crazy world of ours...

I am Me...

If you have a problem with that, well all I have to say about that is...

May the Force be with you...

8. Darth_Tynaus

Darth_Tynaus Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2003
    I am Darth Tynaus aka Sean. I have been in the fanforce for about a year and love it. There are some really wonderful people in the group and I miss everyone. Currently I reside in Fairfield.

9. DarthSkywalker360

DarthSkywalker360 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 21, 2002
    Hey everybody, my name is Mike. I've been with the FF for over a year now. I really enjoy it, especially if I can make meetings. I reside in Delhi, which is in the westside. I am a student up UC and can't wait to get out.

10. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    Hi, my name's Don. I'm not technically a member of FanForce Cincinnati since I live in Cleveland, but I post here a lot.

I'm 22, blonde. My measurements are 36-24-34. I like puppies, soft music and men who aren't afraid to cry.

Wait, that doesn't sound right.....

11. Lady_Lucas

Lady_Lucas Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 28, 2002
    [face_laugh] Don if those are your measurements I'd have to say you have an interesting shape for a man! :D The truth is my measurements are closer to the above than yours are. :)

Hi! I am the wife of Qui-Gon_Ludo aka Ludo. I have the best husband in the world. I love Star Wars and sci-fi. I am in finance and I am training to be a Financial Advisor. I speak french and I love Europe. Actually, I love life in general and I am greatful to God for the wonderful people around me both family and friends.
    Football is my favorite sport to watch. Sports in general are great! I like to be fit and believe the body is a "temple" and people should take care of themselves. My husband and I love cats(we have 4.)
    I enjoy really nice wines and take delight in wines from the Bordeaux and Burgandy regions of France.
    One of my favorite singers of all time is Bing Crosby(he is up there with Frank S.)
    I think the Cincy fanforce members are super and when we get together we always have fun.
    C'est tout! Il y a beaucoup que je peux ecrire mais je ne veux pas ecrire un livre! :D

12. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    Hello, my name is Krash...I'll be your RSA for the remainder of the flight!

I'm a member of The Jedi Knights of Cleveland with plans underway to join Rebel Legion and Ohio Garrison. I also work with Big Brothers, Big Sisters of Greater Cleveland in public relations and marketing (as a volunteer member of the committee) and do freelance work for a variety of organizations.

I'm an avid hockey fan, and typically cheer for The Columbus Bluejackets, and Pittsburgh Penguins. My television interests include "Farscape" and "The West Wing." and I have an interest in WWII fighterplanes.

13. nero_2burn

nero_2burn Jedi Youngling

Feb 3, 2004
    Congratulations and welcome back.

14. nero_2burn

nero_2burn Jedi Youngling

Feb 3, 2004
  15. ImperialRecruiter

ImperialRecruiter Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 6, 2002
    Goodbye! I'm not ImperialRecruiter. I don't live on the east side.

Things I hate.
    I hate my wife. I hate that I have the best wife ever. I hate Star Wars. I hate Battlestar Galactica, Robotech, Battletech, and playing video games. I hate posting to boards. I hate painting and playing piano. Heavy Metal isn't my favorite music. Nor do I listen to any other type of music but Rap. I hate to read. In fact, I'm illiterate. I hate freedom of speech. I refuse to eat meat at all. I especially hate medium-rare steaks with potatoes. I hate good dark beers. I hate nice friendly people who have great senses of humor. I hate to crack jokes and be absolutely silly. I don't play pranks of any sort at all. I hate people who don't like discrimination.

Things I love.
    I love pushy, bossy people. I love Rap music. I love crappy drivers who do stupid things like stop halfway through a right turn. I love people who talk on cell phones as loud as they can in a store so that everyone else knows what they're up to too. I love serious discussions that have a point. I love politics and politicians. I love religious discussions and arguements where people don't want to be open minded or allow others freedom of thought. I love people that think we need to censor everything on the radio and television instead of getting their remotes out and turning it off or changing the station.

This anti-post has been brought to you by the Foundation for the "I refuse to be serious in almost everything because life is too short to be a bore" Association and by Free-thinking Attitude Reality Twisting also known as F.A.R.T.

16. padawan_schlicher

Mar 7, 2002
  17. Robert-A-Fett

Robert-A-Fett Jedi Master star 3

Sep 20, 2002
    Hey. My name is Jason. I'm from Cincy and have lived here my whole life. I'm currently working on my degree in Electronic Media at University of Cincinnati, Raymond Walters. In case you didnt read it elsewhere I'm engaged to the lovely, wonderful, beautiful, kind, caring, generous (and all other good adjectives I cant think of) Angry_Bith. We're getting married this July. (finally) I have an apartment full of pets(Mostly hers) including 4 rabbits, 14 fish, 2 snails, a Boa constrictor and a Pacman frog. Considering its a Studio apartment, thats pretty impressive.... Oh and we have a pet plant named Pete, a Garden Gnome named Gus, and her car's name is Jeeves. I think I've given all my shout outs....

18. TheRandomMenace

TheRandomMenace Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2002
    Well, I'm not from Cincy either. I'm in the Jedi Knights of Cleveland, but I post here enough, so why not tell you all a little bit about myself.

My handle, The Random Menace, was obviously inspired by Episode I's title, and my nickname, Random. I just thought the sound of it sounded cool when I put the the two together. And as you'll note from the rest of this post, I'm Random for a reason. Aside from Star Wars, I like the Matrix, Lord of the Rings, and Quentin Tarantino movies. I love rap music, and have written some wicked rap lyrics myself. I'm an official member of Rebel Legion (Jedi page 17, Eric P, if you want to check me out, hehe) and will be the lead in TWO Cleveland fanforce fanfilms... Rite of Passage, and Pink Harvest (this is just a working title until we're ready to release the real one once it is completed). I have a Jedi costume that I'm wearing in RoP, which is what I used to enter RL. In addition to the costume itself, I've built two "hardware" lightsabers... a regular one, and an electrum one which I just completed... (some of you saw a priliminary version of it at the first All-Ohio we did. it now looks majorly bad@$$). One of my best friends is Jon, the Mullet, aka JediKnightPasJoDacle. However, I think everyone in the Cleveland fanforce is cool. Especially Don, with those hot measurements. [face_love] 8-} I also think the people from the Cincy fanforce whom I've met were cool too. I think it's important to mature as I grow older, but I always want to feel like a kid deep-down.

19. CptCorranHorn

CptCorranHorn Jedi Master star 5

Oct 16, 2002
    I'm Brandyn, as most of you know, and I've been in the FanForce for almost a year
    I am the biggest Expanded Universe fan you'll find in the Cincy FanForce, so any questions, find me (I will say Jason's not too far behind me though 8-})
    I currently reside in my own apartment (finally!) in Fairfax

20. Angry_Bith

Angry_Bith Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 14, 2003
    Hello,
    My name is Heather... I'm 21 and a college student at Cincinnati Bible College (this week). I change my major daily, First I was at CBC for counceling, then at UC for Vet Tech, now I'm at CBC again for Psych. but I think I want to be a cop... ok then.. I'm engaged to Roberta fett(Ha Ha). I've been a Cincy. member since Nov. 2003. Its been a lot of fun! I like animals a lot, I'm a BIG Harry Potter fan, I'm starting a Gnome collection, and my goal in life is to get out of school! I'm spoiler free...

21. Drone

Drone Jedi Knight

Jul 28, 2003
    Hey there. Mine name is Chris, I'm 17, and live on the West Side. I pop into the FanForce boards every so often, but can't really find time in my schedule for FanForce meetings (I work Saturday and Sunday nights). I'm an amateur CGI artist and writer of fanfiction (though not heavily).

22. Incom4

Incom4 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 4, 2001
    My name is Ron and I have been clean and sober for 2 minutes..

23. Qui-Gon_Ludo

Qui-Gon_Ludo Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2002
    Hi Ron.... ;)

24. padawan_schlicher

Mar 7, 2002
    Hi Ron! If you guy are gonna be in town for work anytime just let us know and we'll try and make your stay enjoyable!

25. NasusMoonWalker

NasusMoonWalker Jedi Youngling

Aug 5, 2004
    I'm a new member, but have been reading for a few weeks. I live near King's Island. I'm looking forward to the SWIII Celebration in April. I'm the mother of a Jedi (he got his Jedi robes last year for his 8th birthday) and his 2 sisters who put up with the constant SW talk. BTW, my name is Susan.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.