main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Cincin, OH (Re)Introductions

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Elan-Rai, Mar 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maramijade

maramijade Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 17, 2000
    not many beaches in cincy.. . unless it's the water park ;)

2. ImperialRecruiter

ImperialRecruiter Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 6, 2002
    You just have to know where to look. That's all! :)

3. skywalker212005

skywalker212005 Jedi Youngling

Sep 1, 2005
    Hi everybody I am Christina. I am nineteen going on 20. I am 5ft 3in., have brown hair, brown eyes. My hobbies are dance(ballet and Jazz),drawing,singing. I am going the Raymond Walters which is a part of UC.

4. ImperialRecruiter

Mar 6, 2002
    Howdy! Welcome to the board!

5. athena_rose33

athena_rose33 Jedi Youngling

Sep 20, 2005
    I'm brand new too. I'm Patti, 38, with two boys, 5 and 3. We are in Fort Mitchell - you know, the "South Side of Cincinnati." I just started showing my 5 year old some of the original trilogy. He said Episode IV was "kinda slow in the beginning." Yeah, he's only 5! He does enjoy when things explode.

I decided to show him Episode I after trying to explain what that means. LOL! I just said we're going to start at the beginning when Anakin was a little boy. He likes that. The 3 year old's attention isn't there yet. He plays with Legos while we watch.

I have not met anybody from Fan Force yet or posted here before now. I might qualify as an "old fart" since I experienced the original trilogy when I was old enough to appreciate them. I seem to remember opening the movie section of the paper every day for about six months in 1977 and saying, "It's still there. I guess I should see it." That was the beginning of the end for me. Since then, I have been a mostly closet fan. I haven't been to an event / convention in years but would like to meet other fans eventually.

I have recently begun to read some of the books and really like them. Anybody have any suggestions on their favorites?

6. star-killer1

star-killer1 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 7, 2005
    The Thrawn trilogy and New Jedi Order are all good in my opinion, have not read much of prequal selection.

7. Ia-Bou

Ia-Bou Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 15, 2001
    Well, here I am, my husband and I packed up all our costumes and figures and moved to cincinatti from orlando. its a lot slower up here, but its now my home and I have left the Orlando system to join this board... which is sad since I helped start orlando's group. sniff sniff

8. ImperialRecruiter

Mar 6, 2002
    Well, welcome to Cincinnati. Yes, it can be a bit slower, but that does have some advantages. Having been to many places when I worked field service, Cincy isn't bad overall.

Think of the up sides. The leaves are just starting to change and just about nothing beats a nice drive through Indian Hill to see all the trees, except maybe a good picnic in the parks of the area on the warmer days of fall.

We do have some of the worst drivers here though. You'd think that with getting snow year in and year out, folks would learn to drive in it.

9. LoboStele

LoboStele Jedi Youngling

Jan 23, 2002
    Hey all. I'm the husband 'Ia-Bou' referred to. :D Anyways, we're glad to be up here in Cincinnati and look forward to getting to know the group and hanging out and doing events. Great to be here!

10. ImperialRecruiter

Mar 6, 2002
    So how do you like the fall weather so far?

11. piper363

piper363 Jedi Youngling

Dec 3, 2005
    Hello all, I'm new, i just so happen to stumble upon this place while looking for some pic's for my friend for her B-day.. LOL.. Any who.. I'm for N.Ky, Florence to be exact... this place is really neat! I can't wait to explore some more!

12. DarthSkywalker360

DarthSkywalker360 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 21, 2002
    Welcome Piper, like I always say, it's always good to see a new face.

13. GeekGoddess

GeekGoddess Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 24, 2005
    Howdy Y'all. I'm Melissa, or as everyone else calls me "Red". I'm currently in the Fanforce here in Evansville, IN, but I am Moving to the Fairfield/Hamilton area come April 1st (no, seriously) I'm 30 and working as an Accounting Assistant at the moment, but looking to be a Computer Tech once I move (if I can ever make more time to get the studying done for the A+ certification). I just wanted to staop and say hey, and introduce myself in the hopes of getting to know some of you before the big move, that way, I'll know more people and hopefully have made a few more friends in the area. Oh, I'm currently the Secretary/Treasurer for the local group too, and the social gathering co-ordinator (group outings like movies and diners and what-not) I'm just a general fan of Star Wars, and pretty much all things Sci-Fi, especially BSG right now. (Although I do have a few SW PEZ heads that I love!) :D

14. star-killer1

Jun 7, 2005
    Greetings :).

15. unicornbee

unicornbee Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 2, 2004
    Hello everyone. You can thank maramijade for me being here (happy?). Im 21, will be 22 this year. I go to Univ. of Cincinnati. I'm a Finance/Accounting major. I also love to write (no, I have yet to write any fanfics).

16. star-killer1

Jun 7, 2005
  17. Zonoma

Zonoma Jedi Master star 5

Jun 28, 2005
    Hello, everybody. I am new to the area. I've never been part of an actual 'fan-force' meeting, but would love to meet folks in the area. I'm actually south of Cinci in Florence. I'm a mom, so finding playdate partners would rock - especially if you are into fan fiction!

Zonoma

18. Exalted_1

Exalted_1 Jedi Master star 3

May 17, 2002
    welcome! glad to have everyone here. please don't be a stranger and post whenever you feel like it.

I've been here on this board longer than most, and I can tell you this:

We are all friendly here, and Welcome new people with open arms.

19. Zonoma

Zonoma Jedi Master star 5

Jun 28, 2005
    Thank you, I am looking forward to meeting folks around here. Don't know many people at all in this area.

20. Theyrenotdolls

Theyrenotdolls Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 31, 2005
    new here as well......
    moved from Louisiana.
    Wife is a resident at Cincinnati Children's hospital....I'm a medical student...will be applying for residencies here as well.
    I'm into Star Wars EU, costuming, customizing action figures.
    Hope to get to meet some local Fanforce members.

--Dennis

21. GeekGoddess

GeekGoddess Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 24, 2005
    Y'all aren't alone, I just moved to the area from the SW end of IN (evansville) back at the begining of april. (And it looks like I'll be moving again here in a few weeks to Hamilton) The people I've met from here have been wonderfully nice and friendly, and great to hang out with.

22. Cyke

Cyke Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 15, 2004
    Figured it was due for an update. Things have been pretty hectic the last 6 months. We moved across the river to the Turpin area off Clough back in February. I'm still getting used to actually being in Cincy and Ohio after 15 years on the Light (KY) Side. We've had a pair of weddings recently, my son turns 2 this week, and we leave for vacation in Michigan in 2 weeks. I wonder if my life will ever calm down for awhile?

23. ImperialRecruiter

Mar 6, 2002
    Oh wow! You live in the Turpin school district off of Clough?!? My wife and I are right up the hill near the interstate! Welcome to the neighborhood!

I know what you mean about life being hectic. I get to pull six day work weeks from now until who knows when in trying to get stock made for our new bottles.

[image=http://walmart.triaddigital.com/Assets/Images/pg_smp_jergens_520x233.jpg]

In the background you can see the old bottles. The new ones look a lot more sleek. Not to mention they can be interesting to run.

Oh, sorry for the commercial aspect of the whole thing. That wasn't intentional.

24. chewykingwookie

chewykingwookie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2005
    I figured since I posted on the meet thread I better introduce myself. My name is Jorge I am 30 yrs old. I have a son due around this Thanksgiving. I am a originally from Celina, OH, which is about an hour northwest of Dayton, 45 minutes southwest of Lima, an hour southeast of Fort Wayne, IN, and 10 minutes from the IN border in case people haven't heard of it. I currently live outside of Worcester, MA which is about an hour from both Boston, MA and Hartford, CT. I come back to OH 3 to 4 times a year and always looking for more things to do with fellow SW fans. You guys seem pretty active here so I will check in often to see what is going on.

Later

25. Menath

Menath Jedi Youngling

Sep 8, 2006
    hi, I am computer geek and Star Wars fan. Some of you might know me from the picnic as Maramijade's boyfriend. I happen to be interested in starting a Star Wars D20 game if anyone is interested.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.