main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Colum, OH ***RE: May 12 meeting, please read***

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Master_MayimNaar, Apr 30, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Master_MayimNaar

Master_MayimNaar Jedi Youngling star 2

May 29, 2001
    This is a good opportunity to set a precident for one facet of how the Columbus FanForce will operate while I am City Rep. If there is a major conflict in the future regarding group activity that has been decided in an official meeting that needs to be decided before the next meeting, I think it would be good if it would be addressed to me and then I will post an "official" thread giving everyone the opportunity to read about the problem and voice their opinions regarding the topic. That way we don't have a mass of confusion. At that point, each member will be given the opportunity to vote and then if a 2/3 majority is reached, a change will be made.

Now, I'm talking major changes, not if you want to start a thread on something that will not be a change to the group's activity.

That being said: Kevin aka ItalianJedi has brought up a good point regarding our May 12 meeting: it's on Mother's Day. hmmm. . . As a result, (and I abhor doing this) I am proposing a change in the meeting to some degree. Either moving it to the day before: Saturday, May 11, OR moving it to later in the evening on Sunday. As I said, I hate doing this, but in light of the holiday, I think it's proper to at least address the idea. Any input should be posted by Tuesday evening. Wednesday morning, I will have myself or Matt call for a vote in the thread and voting will cease at midnight Wednesday. That way, Thursday morning, the results will be posted in the same thread to give everyone ample opportunity to see the adjustment.

I hope this doesn't hurt anyone's feelings or sound like I'm trying to lord my authority over everyone. I've given some thought to this since Kevin brought it up earlier today, and I think this is:
    1. Giving everyone in the group a voice
    2. Ensuring decisiveness and giving everyone a sense of consistancy and confidence in the order of the group.

If this is offensive to anyone, please PM me with your objections rather than post something argumentative or inflammatory on the boards. I am always open to any opinions that will be beneficial for us all. I'm not interested in being the boss, I just want to use the leadership role I've been given to serve the group by maintaining order and ensuring everyone is treated fairly and evenly. Thanks for your understanding.

Colin

2. Darth_Stevious

Darth_Stevious Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 26, 2002
    I have no problem with changing the time or date of the next meeting. Any time Saturday or later Sunday will be just fine.

BTW Colin, I know leadership is a lonely position but don't be affraid to lead. Besides you know that Emperor Palpatine would never second guess himself don't you? ;)
    (Of course he would simply fry anyone who second guessed him with force lightening too, but thats beside the point :D)

3. Amidala-Leia

Amidala-Leia Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 5, 2002
    Either change is fine with me although I would prefer to change it to later Sunday evening.

4. DarthClerical

DarthClerical Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 28, 2002
    Either change will work with me. Though I might preferr if it was moved to Saturday.

5. lazer310

lazer310 Jedi Grand Master star 3

Apr 23, 2000
    I am open to either day. Whatever the decision is will work fine for me.

Chris

6. DarthFloyd

DarthFloyd Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 29, 2002
    I am open to either day, but if we can, can i know before thursday? I am leaving for the celebration friday and will get back shortly before my scheduling meeting for the next two weeks...this way I don't have to miss the meeting due to having scheduled during the time... thanks all...

7. jedibri

jedibri Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2000
    How about Friday night? The 11th. We could do pizza and play a game or two.
    Or later on Sunday night like 7:00 p.m.

8. Amidala-Leia

Mar 5, 2002
    Friday night is actually the tenth. That wouldn't be very good for me. Don't know about anybody else though.

9. Master_MayimNaar

May 29, 2001
    ***Clarification***

In the original post, I didn't indicate WHICH Wednesday would be the voting day. discussion will be open through NEXT Tuesday (the 8th) and the vote will take place NEXT Wednesday (the 9th).

Sorry for the confusion. :confused: . . . it happens.

10. NeoJobe

NeoJobe Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 8, 2002
    You just post the change I'll take it into account. I think that moving it to the day before mothers day would probably be smarter though.

11. Italianjedi

Italianjedi Jedi Youngling

Apr 24, 2002
    Hey guys. Since I don't have any family in Ohio (specifically my mother), I'm for either. We can keep it sunday afternoon, move it to the evening, or move it to saturday...anything is good for me, as long as it's not in the morning of either day.

Kevin

12. Master_MayimNaar

May 29, 2001
    I'm bumping this topic so that no one forgets to read it, comment, and vote. The vote will take place Wednesday (tomorrow) from 9:00-ish until midnight. If you have any specific questions or comments, feel free to PM me; or you can post them on the board if you would like.

Thanks,
    CK

13. sabo-wan

sabo-wan Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 15, 2001
    Hmm...Friday's definitely out for me, and Sunday is probably out as well because of Mothers' Day.

14. DarthFloyd

Jan 29, 2002
    Saturday would be great...I work until 2 and at 11, but anytime in between would be great...Also, my friend from home will be visiting - is it ok with everyone if I bring him along?(provided he is interested, of course)

15. Amidala-Leia

Mar 5, 2002
    No you can't be anyone with you df ;)

Of course you can. The more the merrier :) Saturday is better for me as well as long as it's after 4.

16. amaunet

amaunet Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 7, 2002
    Saturday is terrible for me as we are taking a trip to cedar point i think...
    but perhaps if it is later in the evening i could make it as we dont normally stay past 5 pm

17. Master_MayimNaar

May 29, 2001
    I am going to go ahead and post the voting options. You can select the number of the option you prefer to make it easy to count.

1. Sun @ 3:00 (no change, original time)

2. Fri @ 7:00

3. Sat @ 7:00

4. Sun @ 7:00

These are the opinions I've seen stated in the thread thus far. Please vote for the option you prefer. Vote once, as the first vote will be the vote counted and any subsequent vote will be disregarded. If you need to change your vote, edit your post in the 90 minute alloted time. I will close voting at midnight tomorrow per the Snowboard clock (Keep in mind that the boards are based on PST. We will consider the time adjustment to EST by adding three hours to post time and by that determine midnight.).

For the next 24.5 hours, please post your vote, no more. This will keep things consistant with the guidelines I set forth in the original post. As always, if you have something you would like to address to me, please feel free to PM me.

Thanks, all. . . and please vote so that we can do right by all members of the group. I appreciate your cooperation and consideration for every member.

CK

18. Amidala-Leia

Mar 5, 2002
    I vote for option 3 Saturday at 7.

19. lazer310

lazer310 Jedi Grand Master star 3

Apr 23, 2000
    I also vote for option 3 Sat. at 7.

Chris

20. jedibri

jedibri Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2000
    I vote 4 Sunday at 7:00. Stupid wedding and people I really don't like. But their friends of my Wife.

21. Jorda_Fett

Jorda_Fett Jedi Master star 1

Apr 27, 2002
    Saturday at 7:00 is fine with me.

22. Darth_Stevious

Darth_Stevious Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 26, 2002
    The vote from Jorda Fett is supposed to be from me. I didn't notice that he had logged me off and himself on. He will probably be attending with me, but since he is only 10 you can just count our vote as 1.

23. DarthClerical

DarthClerical Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 28, 2002
    I vote for option 3.

24. Mrs_MayimNaar

Mrs_MayimNaar Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 14, 2002
    I vote for 3

25. DarthFloyd

Jan 29, 2002
    I vote for 3, as long as we can be done and get me home by 11;-)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.