main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Victoria. BC RE: New Board, cool!

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by YoungJediNiagara, Mar 2, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lightsaber11

Lightsaber11 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 22, 2001
    Excellent,

Somebody had to lead the assault, glad is wasn't me, i hate being on point.

I'm available for any of those days, and as long as its past 6:30m im content.

I'll bring along some of my plans for a fanfilm as well as a few other trinkets.
    You comment about creating an official FF Chapter is most inticing, and you raise an excellent point about dealing with Theater Employees. With an official title we could must more easily represent ourselves. And possibly recruit additional members.

The matter of Bradsidious... very interesting. very.

I must go. Brief me on how it goes.

2. Rani Veko

Rani Veko Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 22, 2000
    This is great! So once we get confirmation from Qui-Dawn regarding the 18th as a meeting date, we're all set to have a recon team infiltrate Cafe de Lune and evaluate their hot liquid refreshments!

Young Kedi Niagara, I have a sneaking suspicion you might get your wish for a West Coast FanForce chapter... :)

We're ready to make the jump to lightspeed, and I didn't even have to get out and push! :)

- Rani

3. YoungJediNiagara

YoungJediNiagara RSA Emeritus FF Canada star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 23, 2001
    This is great!!!

_Derisa_Ollamhin_, sorry I missed your question a few posts back.

Q: "How much notice do we have to give YJN for the posting in the official announcements forum?"
    A: About a week is good. It allows for the maximum amount of time before your "event", and it takes about a week for it to be bumped off the bottom of the page.

Rani Veko, I've added you to my ICQ list. If anyone else would like to chat you can find my MSN, Yahoo, AOL, and ICQ addy's/# in the Canada General forum...topic, "Lets Talk...?

4. Qui-Dawn Jinn

Qui-Dawn Jinn Jedi Youngling

Oct 19, 1999
    So sorry for the delay in responding....I think I was coming off the small high of my birthday. Oh well. :)

At any rate, in answer to the question now being bandied about - the 18th, Monday, that's just splendiferously fine by me! I'll be there with bells on! Well, okay....maybe not with *bells* since they prevent sneaking around....but, yes, I'll show up, no problem. What time? :)

Dawn.

5. Lightsaber11

Lightsaber11 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 22, 2001
    I am also available for the 18th, but will be working until 630 that night. Any time after that is fine.... I don't know if I said this anywhere above....

anyways, lets work this out.

:D tata

6. Qui-Dawn

Qui-Dawn Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 8, 2000
    Hey all,

Okay, I think we have something approaching a consensus....what about meeting at Cafe de la Lune, downtown, around 7:00 p.m., 7:15, on Monday, March 18th? Does this sound do-able for everyone? (I know it already is for me and Nolan, I think it's just everyone else that's the question mark) Oh, also - if for some reason you *can't* end up making it....do make sure to let everyone else know ahead of time so that we don't end up missing you. Let's make it a plenty smooth start, I'm sure we'll all be fine with that. Personally, I can't *wait*! :)

Dawn.

7. Qui-Dawn

Qui-Dawn Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 8, 2000
    Alright, well, since I'm not sure if anyone else is going to do this and I know that *someone* has to....it might as well be me. Especially since I'm on here now and have all the pertinent information close to hand (I hope) - I mean, it's high time it was done, don't you think? Abso-posi-lutely. :)

Now, then.... Details to know:

Our very first Victoria meeting will be this coming Monday the 18th, starting at around 7 p.m. (ish), at Cafe de la Lune. The address is 1450 Douglas, though if you've been downtown at all, for any great length of time or exposure, I'm sure you *have* to know where it is....I mean, it's on a central downtown corner, easily-accessible, it doesn't get any simpler than that. :) And I believe we should try to sit upstairs if we can manage it....that's where *I'll* be, anyway....and with any great luck I'll have already pitched my claim on that ever-famed comfy corner booth, you'll see. ;) So in other words, once you get there, hie yourself to the upstairs seating section of de la Lune, and there I'll be. :)

Now, as far as recognizing me for, well, me is concerned - as likely as not I'll have my robe with me, and possibly some paper and pens and such or maybe some cards with me, spread out on the table....really, I'm not sure....but either way, well, if it helps I have brownish-blonde hair, I'm tall, and I'll probably be wearing dark colours....blues and blacks mostly. Regardless, though, I suspect I'll be easily recognizable enough....heck, I'm sure we'll *all* be so, those of us who manage to show up. And honestly....I hope that at least *some* of us can. Nolan, I know you are, and so am I, too, obviously....but, well - the more the merrier, natch. :)

Oh well.... I hope this cleared up any potential remaining confusion or uncertainty, and in the meantime - don't forget, Monday evening, now....and I'd darn well better see you all there, or else. Remember, we *do* have to organize....and stick together....so, I implore you - *do* show up! :)

Ta,

Dawn.

8. Rani Veko

Rani Veko Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 22, 2000
    Sorry I wasn't able to reply sooner...real life bit me when I wasn't paying attention. :)

So there we have it, our first event! Monday, March 18, 7:00p.m. upstairs at Cafe de Lune at the corner of Pandora and Douglas streets. Are ya takin' notes, there, Young Jedi Niagara? :D

I'm going to be absolutely insanely busy between now and Sunday night, so the next time you folks hear from me, hopefully it will be in person!

Looking forward to meeting everyone!

- Rani

9. YoungJediNiagara

YoungJediNiagara RSA Emeritus FF Canada star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 23, 2001
    Meeting is posted!!!

Let me know if it is to your liking and let me know how the meeting goes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.