main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Pittsburgh, PA RE: November/December Agenda and Meeting Thread

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by jedi_master_sal, Oct 15, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ArgonVesher

ArgonVesher Jedi Youngling

Nov 17, 2002
    I happen to love the X-Wing series (both Rogue and Wraith Squadron) since I love simulation games (I've beaten X-Wing, TIE Fighter, etc many many times over) and reread the books as much as possible. I, Jedi is another favorite and so is the Thrawn trilogy. I'm stuck on the New Jedi Order though, I love the series, the creativeness and the fact that it's back to Rebellion style tactics finally. It's sad that Anakin and Chewie had to die, but everything was getting kinda stagnant...someone had to go. And Jacen just rocks :)

2. Saberpilot

Saberpilot Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2002
    Hmm. Jedi Academy Trilogy, and Visions Duology.. and.. um.. Corellian trilogy. Those are my faves.

3. RebelDawn

RebelDawn Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2002
    Yes, I do have a favorite writer. A couple, actually. I like Timothy Zahn and Michael Stackpole.

I enjoyed the Thrawn trilogy. I like the x-wing series stuff too. I am loving the new jedi order books, they're very exciting, all the changes going on. I hate that Chewie and Anakin died tho. Especially Anakin, I felt his character had much potential.

I guess I have especially liked, Spector of the Past, I, Jedi and Star by Star the best...IF I had to choose.

But I truly enjoy all of them, even the ones that were'nt well written.

Tina aka RebelDawn

4. Saberpilot

May 16, 2002
    I, Jedi ROCKS. I think that's my fave SW book- the cover is literally wearing off of it.
    ^_^
    Stackpole & Zahn do very much rock, agreed.

5. jedi_master_sal

jedi_master_sal Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    Yeah, I forgot to mention I, Jedi. I've read that one a few times myself. Good story.

6. Saberpilot

May 16, 2002
    *THE RACE TO TTT- EPISODE 1.5K*

Okay, well, yours truly just called Loew's again last night. Guess what? Still no information- they said they should have it the beginning of December.
    I told the lady on the phone that we had a party of about 30 and that we needed the information sooner, and she basically retorted, 'well, you'll just have to wait like everyone else.'
    I am calling the manager tonight and seeing if I can't get something out of her. This is absolutely ridiculous and we shouldn't have to deal with this sort of last-minute notification.. I realize that they have quite a few of these parties (007, ST, TTT) but still, you'd think that they'd have these planned out a great deal ahead of time.. *grumbles*
    Well, as I said, I will continue to report as the information comes in. HOPEFULLY, they will have the information on what they are doing the first week of December, AS PROMISED. If not, they will have a very disgruntled Jedi Knight on their tails..
    *bows*

7. Fluke_Groundrunner

Fluke_Groundrunner Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 1, 2001
    Try to talk to Lisa when you call tonight.

8. Saberpilot

May 16, 2002
    That's what I'm planning on doing. I know that I'm definately going down to Loews (proximity and friends are going too) to see TTT, but if some of you want to get Destina info just in case, I wouldn't blame you.

9. ArgonVesher

Nov 17, 2002
    Well, I know for one that a group of my friends are going to Loews for the opening night, so I hope to meet some of you there as well, though my wife is a bit scared of the idea of all these crazy Star Wars people around...she thinks being near one all the time is enough ;) Silly her. Anyway, how will we be able to tell each other? Shall we all bring lightsabers? It's not a Star Wars event, so dressing up would be kinda silly (though I look for chances to dress up any time I can) but I think since we're going as a group or meeting there and going to be there in FORCE (haha, you can all kick me later) then we should distinguish ourselves somehow. Of course, you may have already decided long ago (in a galaxy far, far away) how to identify members cuz I'm still a newbie to the group, but just a thought.

10. Saberpilot

May 16, 2002
    Hmmm.. let me think here.. You guys have any ideas? Lightsabers on the waist might be a bit much... especially at a Lord of the Rings premiere.. and I'll be with non-SWAP friends too..
    Council members, any suggestions?
    Oh- and council members, if I get this whole thing together, could this count for my event?

11. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    Some of us had already mentioned coing in costume for TTT. So it's LOTR and not SW. It's still the same genre. We can say we're wizards or Hobbits. HA HA.

If you can get this organized and people from the group commit to going to it, according to your plans, I have no problem with this being your event. What say the rest of the council?

12. ArgonVesher

Nov 17, 2002
    Hmm, what's this whole "My Event" thing? Are we all supposed to do at least one event throughout the year or what? I do collect swords and other such medieval stuff and have a medieval costume...guess I could wear that instead...or wear my vader outfit with a sword instead...wouldn't that be scary? :)

13. Saberpilot

May 16, 2002
    Well, you see, I'm a padawan taking the trials, and one of the parts to my trials is the organizing of an event..
    And I'll wear my elf outfit then. ^_^ Complete with pointy ears.. :D
    Well, if I can.. I dunno now, since I'll be coming straight from a chorus concert.. I'll just have to stuff the costume in the car, then.

14. ArgonVesher

Nov 17, 2002
    Hmm, so we are going to do a medieval dressup sort of thing or what? In fact, if someone wants to borrow one, I have 2 swords that could be used (they are "brothers, Evil Death 1 and Evil Death 2) if someone wants to, though how the theater management would look at real weapons (though not sharp) isn't too clear...probably arrest me ;) Just have to bust out.

15. Saberpilot

May 16, 2002
    Hmm.. They didn't kick everyone out for their lightsabers, so I don't see how they'd kick people out for their swords.. unless they're real metal, and I have no doubt some people will prob. show up with that anyways..

16. greencat336

greencat336 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 27, 2001

Why don't we meet at the 'backdoor' of Loews, the door that faces those big smokestacks, the opposite side of the rest of the Waterfront . . .

We could meet outside, next to the wall (if you are facing the doors it is to your right). Which is, by the way, where we met for AOTC and where some of us stood, rehashing it for an hour afterwards.

Sigh. Good times. :D

17. Saberpilot

May 16, 2002
    Ah.. very good idea.
    Unfortunately, I was unable to call Loew's last night (sorry guys) I was busy shopping.. :(
    I'll call either tomorrow or the next day.

18. DarthDahc

DarthDahc Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 4, 2002
    If you haven't read it Darth Maul Shadow Hunter it is great, Ther is a character that you can really see Han Solo in. That is the only Eu I have expanded into at the moment

19. Fluke_Groundrunner

Fluke_Groundrunner Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 1, 2001
    Perhaps I missed this somewhere, but when is the next meeting / get-together? Is it just going to be the Lifeday thing or will there be an actual meeting soon?

20. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    It is the LifeDay "thingy"

Next Meeting is January 11th (Sat).

Place and specific time of day as yet to be determined.

21. Mrs_jedi_1966

Mrs_jedi_1966 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 14, 2002
    JUST A REMINDER : Shewski and the padawans are suppose to be planning this ...... and sorry to say last I checked nothing had been done ............. GUYS????????? .................. If you guys aren't able to do this or don't have the time, let me know so I can try to get something together....

22. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    I fired off a PM to one fo them last night. So if I don't get anyresponse soon I will be worried.

23. Saberpilot

May 16, 2002
    Maybe I should start a thread??

24. DarthDahc

DarthDahc Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 4, 2002
    does me count as a padawan now, and does me have to help?

25. greencat336

greencat336 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 27, 2001
    Padawan - Sith Apprentice. Same general idea, but the costuming and theme music is slightly different.

Oh yeah, and I seem to remember that the only way a Sith apprentice can become a Master is to destroy his own Master . . . Congrads on that new apprentice Rox! [face_devil]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.