main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Re-planted

Discussion in 'Archive: Salt Lake City, UT' started by kreleia, Dec 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kreleia

kreleia Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 14, 2000
    Hello. I don't believe I know anyone here personally, but I have posted in here a few times before. My name is Kristie, and I'm currently in process of moving back to the Salt Lake area. I'm here right now, with my 4½-year-old son. We've been in town since the week before Thanksgiving. So, I went from beautiful sunny 80-degrees (at the time) Phoenix, AZ to beautiful, partly-cloudy UNBELIEVABLY COLD (to me) Salt Lake. :oops:

Grew up in Salt Lake, and have been living in AZ for the past 6 years. Moving back due to personal (read: immediate family) issues, and I need extended family support. And since my parents and siblings refuse to move down to AZ (even though one sis made it out to L.A.), my best option was to move back.

So, essentially, I'm a re-plant to the valley. :-B

Hi. :)

2. Marold

Marold Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 17, 2001
    It's great to have you here and we also look forward to seeing you at upcoming events.

3. ondiv

ondiv Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 18, 2002
    Welcome welcome Kristie!! And don't worry about the weather.....it is UNBELIEVABLY COLD to me as well!!

4. Marold

Apr 17, 2001
    if you want cold, try Minnesota. *shivers*

5. Shadow_Wolf_3882

Shadow_Wolf_3882 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 5, 2004
    And Mary, you got there when it was getting warm. This is still pretty warm for me. Heck, I went and got my mail today and didn't wear a coat. From what I found out, it was about 28 or so when I did it, so I guess it's cold....*shrugs*

6. SkalenFehl

SkalenFehl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 17, 2003
    Hello and welcome. I'm not on here often but try to when I can. Yeah, it's a little chilly at times. :D

7. kreleia

kreleia Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 14, 2000
    Thanks for the welcome. :) I'm going to try to make it to some events - hopefully the next one coming up... whenever it is. ;)

And, yeah, I realize SLC isn't as cold as places further north, but after living in Phoenix for 6 years, and getting used to the hellish summers, coming back to 25-degree days is a bit of a shock. :D

8. Marold

Apr 17, 2001
    Yeah, it's a shock for some of us who have lived here our whole lives. I'm not sure if I'll ever get used to it.

9. ondiv

ondiv Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 18, 2002
    Kristie, how is the spring weather treating you? Crazy how each day is different here, huh?! [face_hypnotized]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.