main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends RE: Poems for Starfighter Pilots- An anthology of Works created in the Name of our favourite Pilots

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by RevaDurron, Mar 31, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RevaDurron

RevaDurron Jedi Master star 5

Jan 27, 2005
    Interesting.

A very good start for poetry. I liked the void of blackness and the silent wings. However, I happen to be a poet and know that these things tend to be overdone. Anyway, I still liked it for the JCF's.

2. Stars_Guitar

Stars_Guitar Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 17, 2005
    I can't wait to see a poem for Wes. I love the Rogues, and as a musician I know how hard it is to get things to flow.

Good job

3. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    I like these, O_C. I think the Wedge one struck me at heart the most, because my father was a pilot in the RAF and I know he regretted the fact that he'd killed innocents in the course of duty. It weighs heavily on a person's soul, and i would imagine they must dream of the nameless faces sometimes.

I liked the premise behind the Hobbie one - the fact he cheated death so many times. I also liked the slightly existential twist you gave it in the image of the indifference of the suns watching him.

Now the starts to tick away
    I think you may have missed out a word there. I assume you meant "seconds" - which is how I read it. :)

Sometimes I wonder why I chose this path
    A path so treacherous
    And overgrown
    That it is impossible to see anything

That was a good image to use - combining both the difficulty of the path itself, and the frustration of not being able to see clearly. Nice work. :)

Poor Wedge - his moment of self-condemnation came through well.

I like the way you evoked Myn's uncertainty in those first few lines - where it becomes obvious he isn't even sure what he thinks any more. That is very in character.

Great to see more poetry here. I think the idea of writing a poem for each pilot is great and I look forward to more. Please PM me as I don't have much time on the internet, and I often miss updates.

4. Mirax_Corran

Mirax_Corran Jedi Master star 4

Jan 25, 2005
    Those are nice. Very in-depth. I like,
    Myra

5. Kerensa

Kerensa Jedi Youngling

Jan 21, 2004
    An up for these great poems. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.