main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NYC, NY Re-post of NYLine message

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by DarthJurist, Apr 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthJurist

DarthJurist Admin Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 10, 2000
    I am re-posting the following message after the GSAs reviewed a complaint filed by the NYLine. The thread was previously deleted at the request of your CR to avoid a flame war, but after review and discussion with your CR I am re-posting the message in this locked thread to avoid that problem. Since you guys have made several public accusations against this group, we think it only fair that they be given the opportunity to respond publicly.

In addition, both groups are asked to refrain from continuing to make baiting or flaming comments on the FF boards on this or any other issue arising between the clubs.

If you have any comments or questions regarding this post, please PM me or another GSA.

We were alerted to the hacking of your boards yesterday and the accusation that the person responsible was somehow tied to our organization. NYLine had nothing whatsoever to do with this attack on your message boards. We are more than willing to help you rectify the situation, as this attack
    reflects negatively upon the entire fan community. We also have been in contact with our legal counsel and will continue to explore how best to proceed to protect our organization and the Starlight Starbright
    Children?s Foundation.

We at NYLine are confident that the perpetrator is not officially tied to our organization. We respectfully request that you stop mentioning NYLine when you speak of this or any other activity that is personal in nature, or anything involving an individual. Insulting the organization that we have worked so hard for and care so much about is just as damaging and painful as personal insults. If you know who did this, please tell us, so that we can take appropriate action.

In the past few weeks, we have come across several statements on your message boards that misrepresent the NYLine experience and paint NYLine in a negative light, to which we chose not to respond. Planning this line is a full-time job, and all of us have real full-time jobs as well, we don't have the time, energy, or desire to debate things like this. There is no rivalry between our groups, silent or otherwise. But as the public badmouthing has continued, we have no choice but to defend our organization against these accusations. The statements on your messageboard included a severe misrepresentation of the timeline of events of the 2002 line, which made it appear that the line itself was a place where fans were constantly teased or made uncomfortable. We cannot control everything people say, but rest assured that we try our best to make the experience as fun and inclusive as possible.

As a staff member who was on the line almost every day in 2002, I never received any complaints, and on opening night I spoke to every line member as I was lining them up to enter the theater, and I was met with only praise and gratitude for the experience. As members of the NYLine staff in 2002, the two then-SWNYC/MEPA leaders had the right, if not the duty to deal with any rule violations they encountered during the line. They did not bring any incidents of harassment to our attention during the line or immediately after the midnight premiere. NYLine exists only to plan the 19 day stand-a-thon, and when the premiere is over, we don?t meet again until it?s time to plan the next line.

Insults and unfounded accusations are hurtful to us all. Our goal has been and will always be to raise the most money possible for our Starlight kids and provide tickets and fun to Star Wars fans. NYLine has worked tirelessly for these goals and will continue to do so.

The entire staff of NYLine looks forward to your anticipated cooperation in working together to find the perpetrator of this attack against your message boards. We hope that all the members of the New York City fan community are able to peacefully enjoy this last installment of ?Star Wars,? regardless of how we choose to celebrate it.

We would ask that anybody would like to respond to this message to please continue the discussion via email by writing to contact@nyline.org

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.