RE: ROAD TRIP: IMAX ATOC

Discussion in 'Pittsburgh, PA' started by strawbary, Oct 1, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCronic Jedi Padawan

Do we know when exactly the OmniMax will start showing? I'm guessing at first the OmniMax was'nt planning on showing AOTC and must have changed there minds from the crap load of e-mails and phone calls. I've gone to the official OmniMax site and seen no listing yet. Has there been word when they will show it? This is definitly a dream come true for me.
  2. Rox Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    I should know sometime tomorrow. Once I get all the details I will pu them on the website and make a post about it here.
  3. JCronic Jedi Padawan

November 1st is the day. I just went to Carnegies Science Center site and at the OmniMax schedull it says in big words on the top of the page that it opens on November 1st. SWEET!!!
  4. Rox Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    Yeah, I forgot to post that thanks.
  5. JCronic Jedi Padawan

SWEET AGAIN!! Its showing all the way thru December 31st.
  6. ZeroCool69 Jedi Knight

star 2
    I just saw this on TF.N main page. Maybe we should be getting in contact with this guy specificly, or something. I have no idea, just throwing things out there.
  7. Rox Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    I have been in contact with the Theater Director, Torey. I should knwo more tomorrow guys. I will hopefully have some good news tomorrow.

Here is a link to our IMAX page for now. I will make all updates on there.

http://www.thenewrepublic.net/modules.php?op=modload&name=Sections&file=index&req=viewarticle&artid=17
  8. Mrs_jedi_1966 Jedi Master

star 3
  9. Saberpilot Jedi Master

star 4
    I have to double check on whether I can go on the 2nd.. If I can, I will ask very sweetly our friends in Central PA for the one drink that is my weakness..

(looks around at sith... afraid now)

The strawberry-kiwi lemonade can conquer me.. ^_^ It's the one big thing from back there, my old home, I miss...
  10. Bubba_the_Genius Jedi Master

star 4
    A few questions...

1. Can I come? :D

2. Is anyone dressing up for this thing? It's not like I've been growing out my beard and brought up Jedi robes for Halloween or anything... ;)
  11. Rox Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    1. hell yeah you can come.

2. Everyone of us that has a costume is dressing up. If you have a costume were it.
  12. Vermano Jedi Knight

star 1
    I'm in Western MD and not sure whether I should go the Omnimax, risk life and limb in DC, or take a LONG drive to NY. My big question is about the domed screen. Does it distort things or does it make you feel like you're IN the movie?
  13. Fluke_Groundrunner Force Ghost

star 4
    The dome screen doesn't distort normal IMAX movies much, but I'm not sure how it will work with AotCs.
  14. 1Bobafett14 Jedi Youngling

star 1
    I will say one thing, Torey is a great gal! A lot of people, especially when it comes to the collecting end of things sometimes people just simply aren't as helpful as she is.

Anyhow, there are 3 showtimes on Nov. 1, ranging from 4:00-9:00.

There are only 3 posters supposedly they are getting in(only one design, I think), we talked and she may be selling them or auctioning them off or something after the movie is done playing here(she wan't quite sure yet) I know a lot of folks that will kill to get one(seriously) I'm thinkin about it(not killing someone, buying one if possible), I'm keeping an eye on this-I'd pay a pretty penny to get one ;^) These have some potential. The Bantha Tracks will be a giveaway while supplies last.

Tix for opening day are $15, which I believe includes popcorn and a drink, after opening day, tix. are $10. Science Center members will not be receiving 1st avail tix.(usually members get dibs, this is a special event and will not qualify)

As always, who knows, things always have a way of changing, but that's what I have so far.

The movie length is 1hr. 58min.(shorter) due to the IMAX format. She mentioned it is shipping to them in 45 reels!!!!!!!!! man thats a lot of film!

Anyhow, can't wait, see you guys (and gals) there. I have a ton of people planning on hitting opening day! It's gonna be a blast!

sorry if this info is posted anywhere else, I skimmed through and didn't see it, sorry I never have time to pan through every thread and every post, I just try to get the info out.

Later
    Bob(bobafett14)

15. Rox Administrator Emeritus

star 6
  16. Saberpilot Jedi Master

star 4
    ^_^

DUDE!!!!!!!!

It's like a birthday present all wrapped in HTML and Javascript.. ^_^
  17. Rox Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    I have reserved 26 tickets for the 6:45 show on Nov 1st. This will be the official club showing of the movie. Please let me know if coming to it and if I need to get more.
  18. Shewski Jedi Master

star 4
    Ok, that is next friday, right?

Is the price $15 dollars?

I will be there, I'll just come right after work. Any ideas on parking or good directions to get to the city during rush hour?

19. Rox Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    Parking at the Science Center is free I believe. We are meeting with thme tomorrow I will find out then for sure.
  20. Saberpilot Jedi Master

star 4
    O.O
    Uh.. I don't know my sched. yet for work.
    But most likely, I'm going to have to work that night..
    (bites nails)
    I have the 2nd off, though, I know, for sure.....
  21. Mrs_jedi_1966 Jedi Master

star 3
    Do we need a ticket for a baby if we have to bring Abi?
  22. Lando_Da_Pimp Jedi Knight

star 2
    I am going to the 9:00 showing. Is anybody going to that one?
  23. BrendonWahlberg Jedi Master

star 2
    I would like to claim one ticket for the 6:45 showing on the 1st, which you have reserved, Rox.

-Brendon
  24. Rox Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    You got it brandon, Iwas thinking of yo uin the 26 number. Parking is free! And I will ask about the baby.
  25. Mrs_jedi_1966 Jedi Master

star 3
    I'm not sure we can make the 1st or not - Fridays are usually pretty hard for us - especially since we never know if we are picking Allison up or not.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.