main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

Pittsburgh, PA RE: ROAD TRIP: IMAX ATOC

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by strawbary, Oct 1, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Saberpilot

Saberpilot Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2002
    Friday night probably isn't good for me either.. :( I don't think my parents 'will dig.' And my work I think has me sched. that day.. :(

2. greencat336

greencat336 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 27, 2001
    As of now I'm planning to work both days. I figure I'll watch the last showing on Friday night, because I'll help do 'whatever' for the first two shows.

3. Crimson_Knight1175

Crimson_Knight1175 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 20, 2002
    I'll be there both nights too.

4. Bubba_the_Genius

Bubba_the_Genius Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 19, 2002
    I'm like so there, Rox.

If I'm not on the list of 26, put me on the list, and I'll reimburse ya. :)

On another topic... anyone up for food beforehand? If so, where?

I *do* know of a take-out BBQ restaurant about a mile or two north of the Science Center: Wilson's, which has half-racks of pork ribs for about $10 and half chickens for about $4.

I'm from the South. The Deep South. And Wilson's has DAMN fine barbecue.

Any other ideas?

5. ben_ethus

ben_ethus Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 17, 2001
    Greetings, blokes.

Yo, Rox. I have every intention of attending the Friday, Nov 1st 6:45 showing, along with 3 of my willing lackies. Unfortunately, I work most of both Friday and Saturday, so I can't really help out with the festivities.

Anyway, I was wondering if it was possible to leech some tickets out of the pool of 26, or if I could persuade you to reserve a few extra to cover me and my cronies, even though I can't help out. (Note: These are definites, and I have no problem shooting you the bucks to cover it. 4 tix total.)

If you can't/won't have the extra tix for me and my buds, I'll want to see to scoring my own tix as early as possible. Please let me know what's up as soon as you can so I can act before it's too late. I'd sell my first-born child to get into this thing on opening night.

That's about it really. Pleae let me know as soon as you can. Thanks, dude.

Chillin' like a villian,
    Yours Truly

6. BrendonWahlberg

BrendonWahlberg Jedi Master star 2

Nov 14, 2001
    Better clarify that the group viewing is going to be 9pm on Friday, if that is the case, Rox...

7. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    Ok folks here is the deal. I have 13 tickets for the 6:45 showing and 13 tickets for the 9:00 showing. I tried to get them all for the 9:00 show but couldn't. Here is the ticket breakdown.

6:45 PM show:

Brendon
    Bubba_the_Genius
    ZeroCool
    ben_ethus (4 tickets total)
    Fluke (2 tickets)
    Mara-hari (2 tickets)

9:00 PM show:
    Shewski
    Sal
    greencat
    Stacie
    Tina
    Vern
    Rox
    6 501st people

If you can't make it or there is a problem with the show you are seeing please call or PM me ASAP. I need to get this straight. Also I need to pay for all the tickets at one time so I need your money before the 6:45 showing.

UPDATE: I HAVE 2 UNCLAIMED TICEKTS FOR THE 6:45 SHOW!

8. Fluke_Groundrunner

Fluke_Groundrunner Jedi Master star 4

Jun 1, 2001
    You have Vern watching both showings. Just wanted to point that out in case you errored and get stuck with an extra ticket.

9. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    Thanks, I didn't notice that.

10. Fluke_Groundrunner

Fluke_Groundrunner Jedi Master star 4

Jun 1, 2001
    Do you know if these shows are sold out or close to it in case others want tickets?

11. Rox_Ness_Monster

Rox_Ness_Monster Jedi Youngling

Sep 2, 2002
    I don't know? But to reserve tickets you need a group of atleast ten.

12. Mrs_jedi_1966

Mrs_jedi_1966 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 14, 2002
    I know Whitney definitely can't make Friday & Anth & I decided Friday would be too dificult for us. We were planning on seeing it Saturday, not Friday.

13. Stina-Cri

Stina-Cri Jedi Padawan star 4

May 18, 2002
    Yeah i'd like to see the nine showing instead of the 6:45. my master is in the 9 showing so just wondering if i could see that one instead. Sorry if i'm being a pain in the butt
    Stacie is coming on friday too, she'd like to be in the 9 showing too.

14. Saberpilot

May 16, 2002
    Yeah, Friday is out.. :p

15. BrendonWahlberg

BrendonWahlberg Jedi Master star 2

Nov 14, 2001
    6:45 is fine with me.

-Brendon

16. Noble_Kale

Noble_Kale Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 15, 2002
    Myself and Crimson Knight most likely will be the only ones from the 501st who will see the 9pm Friday showing. The concensus from the other 501st members was they wanted to see the 9pm Sat showing. I contacted Torey from the Science Center and have the tickets reserved for the 501st members for the 9pm Sat showing.

Rox you can make the 4 other 501st tickets available for the 9pm Fri showing. If you can't get rid of them I will pay you for the unused tickets since there was a change in the original plans for the tickets.

17. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    Ok folks here is the deal. I have 13 tickets for the 6:45 showing and 13 tickets for the 9:00 showing. I tried to get them all for the 9:00 show but couldn't. Here is the ticket breakdown.

Brendon
    Bubba_the_Genius
    ZeroCool
    Fluke (2 tickets)
    Mara-hari (2 tickets)

Shewski
    Sal
    greencat
    Stacie
    Tina
    Vern
    Rox
    2 501st people
    4 UNCLAIMED TICKETS

If you can't make it or there is a problem with the show you are seeing please call or PM me ASAP. I need to get this straight. Also I need to pay for all the tickets at one time so I need your money before the 6:45 showing.

UPDATE: I HAVE 2 UNCLAIMED TICEKTS FOR THE 6:45 SHOW! AND 4 UNCLAIMED TICKETS FOR THE 9:00 PM SHOW

18. Lando_Da_Pimp

Lando_Da_Pimp Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 12, 2002
    I just got my confirmation that I got tickets for Friday at 9:00!!!

19. jedi_master_sal

jedi_master_sal Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002

Brendon
    Bubba_the_Genius
    ZeroCool
    Fluke (2 tickets)
    Mara-hari (2 tickets)

Shewski
    Sal
    greencat
    Stacie
    Tina
    Vern
    Rox
    Emily (my, fiancee (Sal))
    Joby, Sal's friend
    2 501st people
    2 UNCLAIMED TICKETS

UPDATE: I HAVE 2 UNCLAIMED TICEKTS FOR THE 6:45 SHOW! AND 2 UNCLAIMED TICKETS FOR THE 9:00 PM SHOW

20. Lando_Da_Pimp

Lando_Da_Pimp Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 12, 2002
    Who's all dressing up for the Friday 9:00 show. I will probably wear my jedi outfit. The administrator Bespin outfit will be put aside ;-)

Problem is I need Jedi boots (brown) anybody know where I can get boots similiar to OB1's

21. Saberpilot

May 16, 2002
    Hmm.. I know Walmart has some boots- male and female- I was up there a few weeks ago..
    They have more of a selection for women, but they do have male large work boots.

22. Bubba_the_Genius

Mar 19, 2002
    On the issue of Jedi boots:

I ended up buying cheap, black rain boots (the type that go up your shin) from Wal-Mart and painted them brown with... lemme check...

"High Gloss Leather Brown latex enamel."

It took three or four coats over about a week's time to get them to my exacting standards, but if you get the boots and paint today and paint them tonight, it should be fine.

Since no one took me up on my offer for food beforehand, I'll take it we'll just meet there.

(If anyone wants dinner afterwards... :))

Rox:

I'm SO there, dude. I should get there around 6:00 (hopefully), and I'll pay ya when I get there.

How much do I owe ya?

And if there's still an unclaimed ticket for the late show, I think I'll take you up on that one - IF it's unclaimed. I'm not gonna deprive somebody the chance to see it once tomorrow just to see it twice myself.

TCG Players:

Anybody wanna bring their cards? If not to play then at LEAST to trade? :D

FINALLY:

I'll be driving from Oakland to the Science Center. Anyone (CMU / Pitt students?) need a ride?

23. jedi_master_sal

jedi_master_sal Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    UH, I could use a ride. I work for Pitt, does that count? LMK as soon as possible.

24. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    Bubba if you want two tickets one for each show I can hook you up. (god I sound like a drug dealer)

Brendon
    Bubba_the_Genius
    ZeroCool
    Fluke (2 tickets)
    Mara-hari (2 tickets)
    2 UNCLAIMED TICKETS

Bubba ???
    Sal
    greencat
    Stacie
    Tina
    Vern
    Rox
    Emily (fiancee (Sal))
    Joby, Sal's friend
    2 501st people
    2 UNCLAIMED TICKETS

UPDATE: I HAVE 2 UNCLAIMED TICEKTS FOR THE 6:45 SHOW! AND 2 UNCLAIMED TICKETS FOR THE 9:00 PM SHOW

25. Bubba_the_Genius

Mar 19, 2002
    Sal:

I just sent you a reply to your private message. Hopefully, we can work out the arrangements - I'd be happy to give ya a ride.

Rox:

Thanks for hooking me up - I just didn't wanna seem too greedy. ;)

(And there's a difference between selling drugs and AOTC IMAX tickets?)

How much will I owe ya? $15 per showing, right?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.