Pittsburgh, PA RE: ROAD TRIP: IMAX ATOC

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by strawbary, Oct 1, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Saberpilot Jedi Master

star 4
    Friday night probably isn't good for me either.. :( I don't think my parents 'will dig.' And my work I think has me sched. that day.. :(
  2. greencat336 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    As of now I'm planning to work both days. I figure I'll watch the last showing on Friday night, because I'll help do 'whatever' for the first two shows.

3. Crimson_Knight1175 Jedi Knight

star 2
    I'll be there both nights too.
  4. Bubba_the_Genius Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm like so there, Rox.

If I'm not on the list of 26, put me on the list, and I'll reimburse ya. :)

On another topic... anyone up for food beforehand? If so, where?

I *do* know of a take-out BBQ restaurant about a mile or two north of the Science Center: Wilson's, which has half-racks of pork ribs for about $10 and half chickens for about $4.

I'm from the South. The Deep South. And Wilson's has DAMN fine barbecue.

Any other ideas?
  5. ben_ethus Jedi Master

star 4
    Greetings, blokes.

Yo, Rox. I have every intention of attending the Friday, Nov 1st 6:45 showing, along with 3 of my willing lackies. Unfortunately, I work most of both Friday and Saturday, so I can't really help out with the festivities.

Anyway, I was wondering if it was possible to leech some tickets out of the pool of 26, or if I could persuade you to reserve a few extra to cover me and my cronies, even though I can't help out. (Note: These are definites, and I have no problem shooting you the bucks to cover it. 4 tix total.)

If you can't/won't have the extra tix for me and my buds, I'll want to see to scoring my own tix as early as possible. Please let me know what's up as soon as you can so I can act before it's too late. I'd sell my first-born child to get into this thing on opening night.

That's about it really. Pleae let me know as soon as you can. Thanks, dude.

Chillin' like a villian,
    Yours Truly
  6. BrendonWahlberg Jedi Master

star 2
    Better clarify that the group viewing is going to be 9pm on Friday, if that is the case, Rox...
  7. Rox Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    Ok folks here is the deal. I have 13 tickets for the 6:45 showing and 13 tickets for the 9:00 showing. I tried to get them all for the 9:00 show but couldn't. Here is the ticket breakdown.

6:45 PM show:

Brendon
    Bubba_the_Genius
    ZeroCool
    ben_ethus (4 tickets total)
    Fluke (2 tickets)
    Mara-hari (2 tickets)

9:00 PM show:
    Shewski
    Sal
    greencat
    Stacie
    Tina
    Vern
    Rox
    6 501st people

If you can't make it or there is a problem with the show you are seeing please call or PM me ASAP. I need to get this straight. Also I need to pay for all the tickets at one time so I need your money before the 6:45 showing.

UPDATE: I HAVE 2 UNCLAIMED TICEKTS FOR THE 6:45 SHOW!
  8. Fluke_Groundrunner Force Ghost

star 4
    You have Vern watching both showings. Just wanted to point that out in case you errored and get stuck with an extra ticket.
  9. Rox Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    Thanks, I didn't notice that.
  10. Fluke_Groundrunner Force Ghost

star 4
    Do you know if these shows are sold out or close to it in case others want tickets?
  11. Rox_Ness_Monster Jedi Padawan

I don't know? But to reserve tickets you need a group of atleast ten.
  12. Mrs_jedi_1966 Jedi Master

star 3
    I know Whitney definitely can't make Friday & Anth & I decided Friday would be too dificult for us. We were planning on seeing it Saturday, not Friday.
  13. Stina-Cri Jedi Master

star 4
    Yeah i'd like to see the nine showing instead of the 6:45. my master is in the 9 showing so just wondering if i could see that one instead. Sorry if i'm being a pain in the butt
    Stacie is coming on friday too, she'd like to be in the 9 showing too.
  14. Saberpilot Jedi Master

star 4
  15. BrendonWahlberg Jedi Master

star 2
    6:45 is fine with me.

-Brendon
  16. Noble_Kale Jedi Knight

star 2
    Myself and Crimson Knight most likely will be the only ones from the 501st who will see the 9pm Friday showing. The concensus from the other 501st members was they wanted to see the 9pm Sat showing. I contacted Torey from the Science Center and have the tickets reserved for the 501st members for the 9pm Sat showing.

Rox you can make the 4 other 501st tickets available for the 9pm Fri showing. If you can't get rid of them I will pay you for the unused tickets since there was a change in the original plans for the tickets.
  17. Rox Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    Ok folks here is the deal. I have 13 tickets for the 6:45 showing and 13 tickets for the 9:00 showing. I tried to get them all for the 9:00 show but couldn't. Here is the ticket breakdown.

Brendon
    Bubba_the_Genius
    ZeroCool
    Fluke (2 tickets)
    Mara-hari (2 tickets)

Shewski
    Sal
    greencat
    Stacie
    Tina
    Vern
    Rox
    2 501st people
    4 UNCLAIMED TICKETS

If you can't make it or there is a problem with the show you are seeing please call or PM me ASAP. I need to get this straight. Also I need to pay for all the tickets at one time so I need your money before the 6:45 showing.

UPDATE: I HAVE 2 UNCLAIMED TICEKTS FOR THE 6:45 SHOW! AND 4 UNCLAIMED TICKETS FOR THE 9:00 PM SHOW
  18. Lando_Da_Pimp Jedi Knight

star 2
    I just got my confirmation that I got tickets for Friday at 9:00!!!
  19. jedi_master_sal Jedi Master

star 4

Brendon
    Bubba_the_Genius
    ZeroCool
    Fluke (2 tickets)
    Mara-hari (2 tickets)

Shewski
    Sal
    greencat
    Stacie
    Tina
    Vern
    Rox
    Emily (my, fiancee (Sal))
    Joby, Sal's friend
    2 501st people
    2 UNCLAIMED TICKETS

UPDATE: I HAVE 2 UNCLAIMED TICEKTS FOR THE 6:45 SHOW! AND 2 UNCLAIMED TICKETS FOR THE 9:00 PM SHOW
  20. Lando_Da_Pimp Jedi Knight

star 2
    Who's all dressing up for the Friday 9:00 show. I will probably wear my jedi outfit. The administrator Bespin outfit will be put aside ;-)

Problem is I need Jedi boots (brown) anybody know where I can get boots similiar to OB1's
  21. Saberpilot Jedi Master

star 4
    Hmm.. I know Walmart has some boots- male and female- I was up there a few weeks ago..
    They have more of a selection for women, but they do have male large work boots.
  22. Bubba_the_Genius Jedi Master

star 4
    On the issue of Jedi boots:

I ended up buying cheap, black rain boots (the type that go up your shin) from Wal-Mart and painted them brown with... lemme check...

"High Gloss Leather Brown latex enamel."

It took three or four coats over about a week's time to get them to my exacting standards, but if you get the boots and paint today and paint them tonight, it should be fine.

Since no one took me up on my offer for food beforehand, I'll take it we'll just meet there.

(If anyone wants dinner afterwards... :))

Rox:

I'm SO there, dude. I should get there around 6:00 (hopefully), and I'll pay ya when I get there.

How much do I owe ya?

And if there's still an unclaimed ticket for the late show, I think I'll take you up on that one - IF it's unclaimed. I'm not gonna deprive somebody the chance to see it once tomorrow just to see it twice myself.

TCG Players:

Anybody wanna bring their cards? If not to play then at LEAST to trade? :D

FINALLY:

I'll be driving from Oakland to the Science Center. Anyone (CMU / Pitt students?) need a ride?
  23. jedi_master_sal Jedi Master

star 4
    UH, I could use a ride. I work for Pitt, does that count? LMK as soon as possible.
  24. Rox Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    Bubba if you want two tickets one for each show I can hook you up. (god I sound like a drug dealer)

Brendon
    Bubba_the_Genius
    ZeroCool
    Fluke (2 tickets)
    Mara-hari (2 tickets)
    2 UNCLAIMED TICKETS

Bubba ???
    Sal
    greencat
    Stacie
    Tina
    Vern
    Rox
    Emily (fiancee (Sal))
    Joby, Sal's friend
    2 501st people
    2 UNCLAIMED TICKETS

UPDATE: I HAVE 2 UNCLAIMED TICEKTS FOR THE 6:45 SHOW! AND 2 UNCLAIMED TICKETS FOR THE 9:00 PM SHOW
  25. Bubba_the_Genius Jedi Master

star 4
    Sal:

I just sent you a reply to your private message. Hopefully, we can work out the arrangements - I'd be happy to give ya a ride.

Rox:

Thanks for hooking me up - I just didn't wanna seem too greedy. ;)

(And there's a difference between selling drugs and AOTC IMAX tickets?)

How much will I owe ya? $15 per showing, right?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.