main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

South East RE: SRMT

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by master_kon_ack, Aug 2, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. master_kon_ack

master_kon_ack Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 6, 2000
    Hama, the SRMT is a great idea! It gives all of us in the South region the opportunity to get to know one another better! I personally would love to get to know more Star Wars fans here in the NC area! Where I live, you are considered a "geek" if you like SW. If any of you were to visit my hometown and ask the locals about SW, they would look at you funny and say that "don't understand it". They have this thing about stuff they do not understand. Their unwritten motto is: "If I don't understand something, why waste my time. Especially if it is considered 'uncool'. I am not writing this to complain, I am just stressing that I live in a town where its sports mean more to it than anything else. Don't get me wrong, I love sports, but there is more going on in the town than just sports.

Does any one else share my dilemma?

Kenny

2. Elan-Rai

Elan-Rai RSA Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 11, 2001
    I am with ya, MKA. When I lived in Arkansas, it was the most ridiculous thing in the world. Getting people together for Star Wars was like getting people together for hockey in the South. ;)

(Although, I do like hockey, just makin' an analogy... lol)

Now that I've moved, it seems that more and more people in the Nashville area are coming together. Nice indeed. :)

3. Hama

Hama Retired GSA, Retired RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2000
    Fortunately, where I went to college (Purdue), it was almost a requirement that you be able to quote verbatim all three (at the time) SW movies.

4. Elan-Rai

Jul 11, 2001
    Sounds easy enough. :eek:

5. master_kon_ack

master_kon_ack Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 6, 2000
    Yeah, there are a few fans at my college too. Even though it is a community college (James Sprunt) there are people that go there that are not from my home town: yayy!!

However, next fall I plan on attending the University of North Carolina at Wilmington (UNC-W) where I KNOW there are SW fans. BTW I am majoring in Film Studies. Some lucky UNC-W students have the opportunity to do an internship on Dawson's Creek!!!

Kenny

6. Lord_Gita

Lord_Gita Former TFN FanFilms Staff star 4 VIP

Oct 5, 2000
    Did they get sea sick?

7. Elan-Rai

Jul 11, 2001
    Hey Hama, are we going to see any more SRMT's? It was going nicely for awhile and would like to see more! ;)

8. Hama

Hama Retired GSA, Retired RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2000
    I'd like to, but I don't know too many interesting facts about the people in the region. I've asked for people to send me things, but never got any response.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.