RE: The newly released Official information discussion thread

Discussion in 'Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by C-3P0, Mar 22, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. C-3P0 Jedi Master

star 4
    Can holonet articles be referenced here as well?
  2. hew Force Ghost

star 4
    I would think so...
  3. FunkMst3k Jedi Knight

star 1
    The holonet article suggests that Dooku was Qui-Gon's Master at one point? Am I interpreting this correctly? I still maintain that Dooku isn't Sith and I think this info makes that a stronger argument.

Just imagine what the next Sith is! Shadowey image in the Forbidden Love trailer!!
  4. JediJeffro Force Ghost

star 5
    What shadowy image in the Forbidden Love trailer? :confused:
  5. KaaShamau Jedi Master

star 4
    Well, you can be a Jedi, and then a Sith, take Vader for example.

Apparently Dooku went missing for a while, maybe being converted by Palpatine? If the world knows Dooku as a Jedi, when he is really a Sith, his actions would reflect badly on the Jedi - a great way of shifting public opinion...
  6. Brother_Bushforb Jedi Knight

star 2
    I agree.

Dooku is saying the same type of thing to Obi-Wan that Vader said to Luke.

I noticed that the HoloNet magazine's are going from issue 48 to issue 1. It's somewhere around 44 now and they're already saying Dooku was Qui-Gons Master. I wonder how much will be revealed by issue number 1. :(

7. PloKloon1138 Jedi Master

star 4
    Official info, huh? Wow, that Count Dooku, what a charismatic separatist... ;)
  8. Darthfunkasourous Force Ghost

star 3
    Or maybe palps is just using dooku to set up the jedi????Seee when he says to obi wan join me and blah blah,i think he's just trying to take over palps,just like palps is trying to f..k him over.Sith r always sceaming.And yes kinda intresting he shows up after 10 yrs in these nice looking black robes.
  9. FunkMst3k Jedi Knight

star 1
    shadowey image =
    anakin strikes at a blacked out silloette (sp) near the end of the forbidden love trailer. My friend insists it is a clone or something of darth maul becasue he claims he can see spikes ... I don't agree. Or want to.
  10. BigBossNass1138 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    No, the issues of HNN aren't going down, they're going up. The latest one (with the Qui-Gon Dooku conection)is #48.

As for the figure at then end of the FL trailer, I have no idea who it is, but Anakin sure looks pissed off. :)

I personally really like HNN. It's really cool to read, and get an idea of the political situation in the Republic. There are probably also heaps of tiny clues that us spoiler-free people haven't picked up on. It'll probably be good fun to read back over the back issues after seeing the movie and going "ohhh, wow, I missed that one."
  11. Darthfunkasourous Force Ghost

star 3
    Oh looks like a tusken raider to me
  12. CrazyOldJedi Force Ghost

star 4
    There are probably also heaps of tiny clues that us spoiler-free people haven't picked up on.

The vast majority of Spoiled folk haven't picked up on half the clues there! Some of the info pertains to parts of the movie that hasn't been discussed in PSA but is known by some ;) , some of it looks like it may come from the Novel and/or the illustrated guides. An entertaining Site and not too EU so as to be dismissed lightly.
  13. BigBossNass1138 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Well I like EU myself, so I also enjoy picking all the EU refernces in there (LOTS!) My fave was the one about the Incom/Subpro split, with Incom purchacing all the intelectual property and proprietry systems of the Headhunter, because those systems grew into the X-Wing!
  14. Darth_Duck Force Ghost

star 4
    Bimkall=Kimball

They both don't exsist.

I love it!
  15. Emperor_Dan Jedi Master

star 4
    So... what do we all think of the Super Battle Droid? Check out starwars.com -> News: Droids

Pretty cool! I like it!
  16. Darth-Mouth Jedi Master

star 4
    Even with armor, though, you wouldn't think they'd be a match for Jedi.

But it seems, judging by the end of the Clone War trailer, that they do a number on them and have them cornered in the Arena.

Maybe more than meets the eye?
  17. Emperor_Dan Jedi Master

star 4
    Dunno what you mean. I got the impression that they Jedi get massacred by the sheer numbers of droids there. How many blaster bolts can a Jedi deflect at once? One?

By the way, how come the droidekas didn't have shields?
  18. BigBossNass1138 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I think the SBDs look cool. Much tougher looking than the bog-standard Trade Fed ones.
    I imagine a skilled Jedi might be able to angle the sabre so that it catches more than one bolt on it, but it would take a lot of skill. That's why in a firefight that big it's really good that there are a lot of them. They can cover each other.
  19. KaaShamau Jedi Master

star 4
    They sound deadly! Should be cool to see in action!
  20. Emperor_Dan Jedi Master

star 4
    Kaa- I hope your sig isn't a spoiler from EpII!

;)
  21. KaaShamau Jedi Master

star 4
    :p

Anyone seen the pictures within the UK Empire magazine? They include:

A close up of the droid from the Jedi Fighter.
    The Jedi Temple.
    Obi and Anakin in the speeder.
    And...

...Obi-Wan walking along a covered walkway with two of the long necked aiwas riding aliens, as clones line up below them to collect their helmets. Pretty cool (if slightly CGI in appearance) :D

EDIT: and the metallic looking guy from the Homing Beacon a while ago.
  22. Emperor_Dan Jedi Master

star 4
    Nope. Got a link fer me?
  23. KaaShamau Jedi Master

star 4
    No, sorry, I just got the magazine. Sure TF.N will have them up sooner or later though.
  24. Darth-Mouth Jedi Master

star 4
    Back to the Super Battle Droids......

Is it possible they're made out of some material that is less susceptible to a lightsaber slashing? Like the stuff the door was made out of in TPM that Qui-Gon took a while to cut?

Someone said that maybe the fact they outnumber the Jedi helps them kill a lot of them, but I say after seeing TPM that a Jedi could take down a dozen or more of the regular droids with no problem. I think Jedi can deflect quite a lot of blaster bolts nearly simultaneously.
  25. KaaShamau Jedi Master

star 4
    I don't see how they're any better than Destroyer Droids, other than that they can fire whilst moving.

Also in the droid feature, it appears that the Jedi Starfighter has a retractable radar: Picture.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.