main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

RE: The newly released Official information discussion thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by C-3P0, Mar 22, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth-Mouth

Darth-Mouth Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 18, 1999
    Interesting, Kaa.

I also think it's interesting that Obi-Wan's astromech droid is built into the starfighter, unlike R2-D2.

2. KaaShamau

KaaShamau Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 15, 2000
    I would have liked to see the short-bodied version they had designed though :)

3. Emperor_Dan

Emperor_Dan Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 21, 1999
    Mmmm, but I just think of it this way. If a blaster bolt is coming at you in the front, and another in the back, which do you deflect? You're dead either way, right?

If anything, I bet their armor will be so that a blaster bolt aimed at them won't immediately kill them (like the Battle Droids - their wiring and stuff is too exposed). It's possible that lightsabers have a hard time cutting through them, but the droids just aren't THAT big and thick.

4. KaaShamau

Aug 15, 2000
    Bimkall=Kimball

They both don't exsist.

I love it!

I've only just noticed that! Cool :D
    (Does this mean that they are really watching us?)

5. PruneF8ce

PruneF8ce Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 5, 2002
    As for the figure at then end of the FL trailer, I have no idea who it is, but Anakin sure looks pissed off.

Lets think about this for a minute. In the OT, Luke's original mentor was cut down by a sith. That same sith becomes the epitome of evil for Luke.

In the PT, Anakins original mentor was cut down by a sith. That same sith becomes the epitome of evil for Anakin.

In other words, I think theres another cave scene folks.

6. Darth-Mouth

Sep 18, 1999
    I dunno about that, Prune.

I've watched that clip dozens of times. If you listen closely you can hear a scream just before he cuts the figure down at the end of the trailer. The scream is indisputably that of a Tusken Raider. Now I know that it could have just been put in there to throw us off but I don't buy the whole "Lucas is trying to mislead us" deal.

The look on his face is what convinces me that this is not a test or a hallucination. This actually happens. To what end, for what purpose, I do not know.

7. PruneF8ce

PruneF8ce Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 5, 2002
    I havent seen the trailers, but another cave scene would make sense though, no?

A tusken raider eh? Interesting.

8. Ardens_Furore

Ardens_Furore Jedi Padawan star 4

May 14, 2001
    HolonetNews is surprisingly well-written. Some of the articles have pretty good prose. It's also pretty detailed. New issue is up today.

9. Darth-Mouth

Sep 18, 1999
    It's so odd thinking of Padme as giving a news conference.

The site is kind of sick in a way. I hope no one goes to holonetnews instead of checking out CNN. I guess they know how into it we are. :D

Also, GL is very much aware of the sniping going on in Congress right now. This, obviously, is on a much higher level because there is separatism, but the sniping and personal attacks and posturing are all there in the good old USA.

10. KaaShamau

Aug 15, 2000
    Area Woman Finds Sith Icon in Pastebread :p

Since then, racer Elan Mak's true identity as Fluggrian crime lord Kam Nale has been exposed :eek:

I love that site!

11. BigBossNass1138

BigBossNass1138 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    Yes, I love HNN very much as well. Brilliant site. I love the Baby Ludi stories that have apeared in every single issue. I'm acctually quite interested to see where that ends up going, wether it leads into something significant to the movie or if it is just a weirdly interesting tale.

As for our mystery decapitation, I just fired up quicktime and examined the bit in question. If you look closely at the shoulder of the mystery man, he's wearing a tan coloured outfit, rather than the black that one would expect Darth Maul to be kitted out in. I can't really say wether it looks like a Tusken or not, but I can see something resembling spikes on his head. They don't look to me like Darth's horns, they are too small. I can definately picture them as the nodule things comming out of a Tusken's head piece thing though.

12. Darth-Mouth

Sep 18, 1999
    cbjedi, my hypothesis is pure speculation. No spoilers known, none intended.

But please edit any of my posts that could be considered spoilerish, albeit coincidentally spoilerish.

13. ST-TPM-ASF-TNE

ST-TPM-ASF-TNE Moderator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 27, 2001
    The Official Site updated its character bank for AOTC:

It says podracers Ody Mandrell, Boles Roor, and Dud Bolt are in AOTC :D

ST

14. Emperor_Dan

Aug 21, 1999
    But just their podraces have been updated.. not the racers themselves.

15. Newbie87

Newbie87 Jedi Youngling

Mar 4, 2002
    I think this is the safest place to put this tidbit...

From the OS Episode II databank entry for Bail Organa:

"When Kenobi's apprentice, Anakin Skywalker, succumbed to the dark side, Kenobi sent Skywalker's lover, Padmé Amidala, to Organa for hiding."

Lover, huh? Not wife???? What do you make of that?

16. Darth-Mouth

Sep 18, 1999
    cbjedi, I don't really see Sam Jackson's comments as a spoiler at all, even for Episode III. Saying Mace Windu dies in EPIII is almost as obvious as saying Anakin becomes Vader.

Is Sam Jackson in the OT? No. So he must die in EPIII, or shortly thereafter.

The interesting thing he said was that he didn't want to die like a punk. Namely I don't think he wants to be taken down by a Stormtrooper. I think Anakin's gonna kill him.

17. BigBossNass1138

Mar 13, 2002
    I've always thought that MAce facing down Vader to buy Obi-Wan time to escape with Luke and Leia would be beyoned cool. ::Drifts away imagining the battle...:: Ahhhh...

18. Grey1

Grey1 Host: 181st Imperial Discussion Group star 4 VIP

Nov 21, 2000
    From HoloNet News, Baby Ludi Feature Slated for this Fall:
    "Helming the production will be Ch'been, the H'drachi director behind such blockbusters as A Shadow Falls, Tyranny Reborn and Dark Romance."

LOL! Say, Attack of the Clones is a great title, isn't it?

19. MattPeriolat

MattPeriolat Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 16, 2001
    Maybe it is a given, but I DID feel until recently it was a spoiler that Mace made it out of Episode II. Looks like a number of Jedi will have their gooses cooked by the clones and I assumed Mace would be one of them.

Ah well. If Sam said so and it was printed by LFL as it was in the Insider, speculate away!

20. KaaShamau

Aug 15, 2000
  21. KaaShamau

Aug 15, 2000
    No one else thinks she looks like a Naboo pilot?

Anyway, I think this is a cool picture (to long to make a link):
    http://theforce.net/multimedia/archive/Images/Episode_2/Magazines/Piscou_Magazine_FR/piscoumag-2002apr-aotc_ad.jpg

Reminds me of the Gladiator poster.
    [image=http://www.posternow.com/g/g2681.jpg]

22. Emperor_Dan

Aug 21, 1999
    The color scheme, yes.

23. d8camjordan3

d8camjordan3 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2001
    check this out!

http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=6444912&replies=1

24. BigBossNass1138

Mar 13, 2002
    Yeah, I liked the poster as well. Definately in the Gladiator vein.

Also, funny stuff in HNN this week, in the story "Quest for Quasar Fans Don't Like Ottekvar." It's about someone who's cast as a vilain in a holodramma based on a commic book or something simmilar. And of course, rabid fanboys (or should that be fan-beings?) are getting nitpicky about it. There's online petitions to get him removed, there's canon agruments between fans, and the actor is quoted as saying "C'mon guys. It's only a holo." :) I thought it was pretty funny. I also thought the article on the sentient missiles being "liberated" by droid rights activists was a hoot.

Also, the article about the bomb that killed senator Moe being manufactured by Baktoid Armour was interesting, as were the riots quelled by Sepratist forces in which 4 Jedi were killed. And the mention of the first prototypes of the TIE engines, and the latest developments in the Baby Ludi saga. I loved Plo Koon's mass mind-trick on the protesters. :D HNN is so cool.

25. KaaShamau

Aug 15, 2000
    Has anybody seen the Episode II special of the UK Empire Magazine? Loads a cool pictures, and a couple of characters I hadn't heard of before.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.