RE: The **Official** toys discussion thread.

Discussion in 'Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by SamuraiYoda, Mar 22, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SamuraiYoda Jedi Knight

star 1
    Great thread idea, cb.
    ;)

Personally, I can't wait to check out the Dooku and Jango figures. In fact, I got a job just so I could go on a purchasing spree on the 23rd. All 4 soundtrack covers included, hopefully.

This also reminds me that the figures will be available before Celebration II...will the toys and such likely be on sale there in the shop?
    whostheBossk likes this.
  2. Darth_Chronic Jedi Youngling

star 1
    I CANT WAIT either!!!! I want a clonetrooper and jango Fett sooooo bad!!!! These last couple of months are going to be torturous!!
  3. SamuraiYoda Jedi Knight

star 1
    I can't wait for the Yoda figure because, well- you spoiler people know what I'm talking about.

I'd say, as an early guess, these will be the coolest toys, in no order:

Count Dooku
    Jango Fett
    Yoda
    Clonetrooper
    Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Padme Amidala
    Anakin Skywalker

Those will be the ones I get first, if they're in. Monsters and vehicles wise, I want an CENSORED, Anakin's Coruscant speeder (I refuse to call it a hotrod) ;) , and the vehicles/fighters from the Clone War trailer.

EDIT: No spoilers!
  4. JediJeffro Force Ghost

star 5
    I'm not exactly sure as far as rules go, but there might be a spoiler in that last post...

EDIT: Looks like I was right. :p

However, as far as toys go, I'm definitely looking forward to getting the Anakin, Obi-Wan and Dooku electronic lightsabers.

[image=http://64.227.26.45/Grilled-Sarlacc/t/lightsabers/hasbrosabers_bg.jpg]
  5. Tho-Mi Jedi Padawan

Id really like to have the gunship and a couple of clone troopers and some battle droids and of course the new anakin
  6. EagleIFilms Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Yah, my Jango figure is really cool.

I can't wait to get an Anakin as well.
  7. FOX1973 Jedi Knight

star 1
    I'm guessing not all SW fans are into comicbooks?

Get down to a comicbook store, they are practically guaranteed to get the preview figures in, so no need to wait 2 months!

I've got a Jango Fett and a Clone Trooper figure. And yes, they rule (thanks Forbidden Planet, London!)
  8. Tho-Mi Jedi Padawan

yeah im ordering the previews from yestertoys.com only 7.25!
  9. KaaShamau Jedi Master

star 4
    I think the Zam figure looks a bit, well, pants really. But Jango and the Clone Trooper (why the funny pose?) are very cool!
  10. FOX1973 Jedi Knight

star 1
    I'm assuming it's part of Lucas' cunning plan to get us to buy more than one of certain figures...

With his pose as it is, I doubt Jango could fit into a Slave-1 toy. These preview figures are not really for anything other than standing in that one pose, more like figurines than action figures.

Not like back in the day when, before ESB came out, you could pre-order Dengar (and, I think, Boba Fett?) and they were just regular figures made available sooner.

Ah, well... I'm gonna need several thousand Clone Trooper's anyway...
  11. EagleIFilms Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    My brother found a Super Battle Droid figure sitting out at Wal*Mart.

If you go to your local Wal*Mart, you might be able to find various figures that were mistakenly put out. :)
  12. Blue_Viper Jedi Knight

star 1
    No kidding. I went to wal-mart about 1.5 weeks ago, and I saw the Preview figures alongside Episode II packaged regular figures. I saw Shaak Ti (sp?), I think a battle droid, and clone troopers, and Captain Typho (or was he preview?). I also saw Anakin's Saber and Dooku's Saber. They look kick-azz, but I didn't think my wife wanted me to buy toys that day...maybe in a few weeks. ;)

13. Son of the Suns Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    Just a heads up to all the non-spoilee collectors out there... You might want to wait until after the movie to pick up the Anakin (Hangar Duel) figure. My brother saw a picture of it and he says it had a very spoilerish feature and a spoiler picture in the back. It looks like most of the other figures are safe, though.
  14. Queenie Amidala Force Ghost

star 5
    Awesomeness. Thanks a lot, will watch out for that.

I'm actually about to run over to Wal-Mart now for a break in my long hard day/night of doing absolutely nothing. So, I'll see what I can find. :D
  15. Gay-LenKenobi Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Upping with my eyes closed. ;)
  16. REBEL_SKUM Jedi Knight

star 2
    would people agree with me that there are way too many figures that seem awsome this time around.. I mean tpm had Darth maul of course, and mace was all right really popular, but the guy just sat around, anaken's was kidna blah, and qui, and obi were pretty cool but nothing special.. but this time, I can't wait for the jango fett, dooku, anaken!!!, mace ( he'll actually fight in the movie), yoda!!! clone troopers, they all seem so cool, and that's just the one's that I know of already being cool.
  17. NiktosRule Jedi Master

star 4
    There are a lot of very cool figures coming out on the 23rd alright. Man my parents are going to spending a lot of money on me. I'll get most of the figs for my birthday.
  18. Queenie Amidala Force Ghost

star 5
    Okay, so I'm not a real collector. I don't know which figures are supposed to be the ones I want to get my hands on first.

I know I at least want:

Jango Fett
    Anakin
    Padme
    Obi-Wan
    Count Dooku

So my question to you wonderful folks is this:

When I walk into Toys R Us next Monday night, credit card in hand, what pretty little figures do I need to make sure I walk out with? (Mind you, I don't have an endless amount of cash flow.)
  19. MatRags Jedi Master

star 4
    Don't forget a clonetrooper and Yoda of course.

The one's you mentioned and those are the essentials
  20. Queenie Amidala Force Ghost

star 5
    Really? So, if I walk out with those 7, I'm good? :D

(And I can't forget Dooku's lightsaber...that's just too cool)
  21. Newbalicious Jedi Knight

star 1
    Well judging from the preview pictures I've seen and the lists of toys that will be available April 23rd some of us might walk away disappointed. I've seen a couple places suggest that the Dooku regular figure won't be available till May (u can still get the deluxe or the 12" versions). To me its all about the 3 3/4" basic figures. Another thing is that the initial Obi Wan version seems to have limited articulation in his right arm. Its completely straight with no elbow articulation at all. So you're kinda limited in what types of poses you can have him in.

I'm looking forward to the Lego's that will become available (overpriced as they are) and of course the electronic light sabers. I still have my Darth Maul saber and wanted to expand my collection of red sabers with the Dooku saber. Only thing is I'm trying to figure out how your supposed to fight with that bent hilt haha... Hopefully this time around there won't be the danger of your battery exploding or whatever the heck happened for TPM.
  22. Queenie Amidala Force Ghost

star 5
    Yes, I have my Maul saber, and had the exact same thought about Dooku's.

As for the figures, if I stumble upon those, there will be no way for me to pass them up. However, I guess a better question for me to ask, really, is which are most important for me to get doubles of? :) I don't particularly want to buy 14 figures at one time, but I want to have one to open. So, which do I need to buy two of next week, that will be hard to find later?
  23. Queenie Amidala Force Ghost

star 5
    Shut down!

So, good news: I just came back from Wal-Mart, where I bought both Episode II Cereal boxes.

Bad news: I found the Bounty Hunters 500 piece puzzle set in the nifty little tin box thrown randomly somewhere (there were NO other SW toys to be seen anywhere), and I was very excited. When I got my little treasure up to the counter, I discovered it was only $7.99 but that Wal-Mart wouldn't let me have it.

Why did they put this stuff out early if they're not going to sell it?
  24. Jango_Dude Jedi Padawan

whoa i cant wait till the jango fett figure comes out he wil probaly my most favroute charcter in eiosode w2 so far.
  25. Queenie Amidala Force Ghost

star 5
    Next question:

For those of you experienced with Midnight Madness, or going this time around...what time do you need to get there? Do people line up, and therefore, force the need to arrive earlier? I have no idea when the latest I can arrive is.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.