main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

RE: The **Official** toys discussion thread.

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by SamuraiYoda, Mar 22, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NiktosRule

NiktosRule Jedi Padawan star 4

May 8, 2001
    I have no experience either but I would imagine you could get there at 11:50 and be perfectly fine. I don't large sums of people show up. Unless you live in a big city.

2. MatRags

MatRags Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 5, 2001
    Thats one of the advantages of living in a small town. During Ep1 I didn't rush Wal Mart at midnight, I went the next day and got all the Figures I wanted. I'll probably show up at 11:30 and bug the manager (whose a friend of mine). ;)

3. Newbalicious

Newbalicious Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 16, 2002
    Anyone know what it was like in the Bay Area last time around? I'm talking about the Redwood City or San Mateo locations specifically.

Last time, I managed to go to a small toy store and get everything I wanted.

4. ParanoidAni-droid

ParanoidAni-droid Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2001

How much can we expect the regular sized toys to go for? I usually get my at a discount somewhere, but won't be for AOTC figues so any help would be nice. Also, how much would you say the lightsabers will be?

~PAd

5. ParanoidAni-droid

Nov 27, 2001

Don't make me destroy you... oh, erm, answer the question please. I've only got a few days left to manage my pocket book. Your my only hope...

~PAd

6. Queenie Amidala

Queenie Amidala Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 7, 2000
    Well, we know they're much less than they were before, without the Commitech or whatever thing. Maybe I'm on crack, but I'm thinking I saw $5.99...???

And, to the best of my knowledge, I saw the electronic lightsabers will be $19.99.

7. ParanoidAni-droid

Nov 27, 2001

Hmmm, nice price for the figures, but I expected the sabers to be a little less. Thanks, your highnessness~

~PAD

8. Mandalorian_Warrior

Mandalorian_Warrior Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 19, 2002
    Sweet thread guys!, I'm new to the forums but I've been a star wars fan a long time now. I can't wait for midnight on the 23rd to get all the figures you guys mentioned and then some. I'm good for spending around 80 to 100 on figures just on that opening night. Is there anyone else who can't wait for Kit Fisto and Jango Fett? Ya, AOTC kicks ass, and Count Dooku's figure will hopefully be there.

9. ParanoidAni-droid

Nov 27, 2001

Another quick question, and it's a little silly but the 23rd falls on a tuesday, so would mid-night maddness be from monday evening into tuesday morning or tuesday evening into wednesday morning? I was thinking the former but I just wanted to verify... no sense in waiting all by my self on the wrong night, unless of course I had some secret desire to embaress the hell out of my self. And don't any of you set me up, either! ;)

~PAd

10. MatRags

Feb 5, 2001
    It's monday nite into tuesday morning. It would be embarassing to come tuesday nite.

11. ParanoidAni-droid

Nov 27, 2001

Hell yes it would. Thanks Matrags.

~PAd

12. NiktosRule

NiktosRule Jedi Padawan star 4

May 8, 2001
    Yes that would be quite embarassing.

On another note those that are worried all the figures will be gone after Midnight Madness don't be. My dad got all the TPM figures the next morning maybe even the next afternoon for me. If you can't make it at Midnight you should still get all your figures. It does depend on how many collectors live in your area though. I won't be going to Midnight Madness but I'm not worried at all.

13. Obi-Kedobi

Obi-Kedobi Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 28, 2002
    This time i'm just going to buy a select few figures. For TPM i bought so many of the 3'34 ones, even ones like gasgano and such, and i truly thought that i didnt need them. So far the ones i want to get are.

Obi-Wan
    Anikan
    Padme
    Yoda
    Mace Windu
    Count Dooku
    Clonetrooper
    Jango Fett
    Boba Fett

and maybe Palpatine, but thats it. I'm only 15, and i don't have to much cash to spend on figures unfortuanately.

14. Sketcher

Sketcher Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 18, 2002
    hey i don't get why the basic count dooku figure isn't coming out right away. i mean he's the new darth why is hasbro waiting until august or whenever it's coming out.

15. Queenie Amidala

May 7, 2000
    I looked on the Hasbro site, and a bunch of the figures now say "US Available: 05.01.02." What?!

16. MatRags

Feb 5, 2001
    Dooku is coming out in August? What the crap! That stinks like bantha poodoo. :(

17. Son of the Suns

Son of the Suns Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 6, 1999
    That is strange, Queenie. I really hope someone at Hasbro's site made a screw-up and that these figures will be available on Tuesday.

18. Sketcher

Mar 18, 2002
    i'm talking about the basic figure like the one we saw in the toy fair photos. the deluxe figure for sure will be out,but i'm just not that big on deluxe figs.

19. Queenie Amidala

May 7, 2000
  20. Obi-Kedobi

Obi-Kedobi Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 28, 2002
    Well i already saw anikan (disguise), padme (arena), obi-wan(escape), super battledroid and kit fitso at my local softward etc. So you guys can calm down, because i did see some of the figures already.

21. Autumn_Skywalker

Autumn_Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 17, 2002
    Yeah, for EpI I wasn't able to get to ToysRUs until the day (after midnight madness the night before) around 4pm, and I was thinking I wouldn't get any of the top toys, and I got every one of them. I'm not saying that will happen this time, but I didn't have any trouble getting them all.

I don't know how hard the preview ones will be to find. I don't have any of them yet.
    Is there anywhere online you can order them?

22. Sith-Apprentice2288

Sith-Apprentice2288 Jedi Youngling

Apr 20, 2002
    i cant wait to get the Jango Fett action figure

23. Queenie Amidala

May 7, 2000
    Ah yes, Jango I look forward to the most. I will walk out with two of those little suckers in my hand because there is no way I will be able to not have one to play with. :)

24. MatRags

Feb 5, 2001
    Yeah, I think I'm gonna have my own Clone War Tuesday. ;)

25. Sketcher

Mar 18, 2002
    does the chain on the padme figure come off? it looks like it should.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.