main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

RE: The **Official** toys discussion thread.

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by SamuraiYoda, Mar 22, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Queenie Amidala

Queenie Amidala Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 7, 2000
    Yes, it does look like it should. Surely...I can't imagine it not.

2. NiktosRule

NiktosRule Jedi Padawan star 4

May 8, 2001
    I think the regular Dooku figure is coming out on Tuesday. I've read at many websites that he is. It sounds like they are releasing 27 regular figures on the 23rd and Dooku is the 27th if I remember correctly.

3. Tho-Mi

Tho-Mi Jedi Youngling

Mar 29, 2002
    On the Newsweek article Lucas said that the numbers of toys would be cut down some so there probably wont be as many figures at the stores.

4. Gay-LenKenobi

Gay-LenKenobi Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 20, 2000
  5. Queenie Amidala

May 7, 2000
    Oh man...can't...wait...must have...toys!

Only 5 hours & 45 minutes to go! Woo hoo!

6. Nismo1223

Nismo1223 Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 31, 2002
    Damn, i wish i could get then all...last time my parents bought most of then for me...and i was 13 back then so thats why...but now im 16, i dont think they will buy me toys again, lol, so its my money this time, and i cant waste that much on toys :(

7. ImperialDrone1138

ImperialDrone1138 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 15, 2002
    I was just at my local Toys R US with a friend to drop off resumes and to my surprise i saw the Episode II figures already out...It seemed to be mostly picked through already. Also, I didn't see half of the figures on the lists on the internet. There were only about a total of 11 or so different ones. No Dooku, no Mace, no Yoda, no Royal Guards...Hopefully this was just because it isn't tuesday yet.

8. Padawan-kirky

Padawan-kirky Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 16, 2002
    i got some of my figures this mornin it was awesome soo mnay peole gettin em wen the doors even opened but i didnt get seasee tinn or yoda they werent there yet!:( but im 3/4 way there!@awesome figures!

9. DarthHutt

DarthHutt Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 2, 2000
    The local Wal-Mart is open 24hrs...so they have to block off the aisle to put the AOTC toys in. It's pretty hilarious.

10. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    My local TRU had all 27 except for Taun We, Luminara and the Royal Guard, in terms of the regular line. THey were also missing the Obi-wan lightsaber as well.

11. Son of the Suns

Son of the Suns Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 6, 1999
    My TRU was missing a lot of key figures, but I managed to get:

Obi-Wan Kenobi (Coruscant Chase)
    Padme Amidala (Arena Escape)
    Yoda (Jedi Master)
    Geonosian Warrior
    Super Battle Droid
    Deluxe Mace Windu
    Deluxe Count Dooku
    Electronic Count Dooku Lightsaber

12. ParanoidAni-droid

ParanoidAni-droid Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2001

Sorry, this isn't really within the realm of toys but it is an AOTC promotional, so I'm wondering, do we american's get Empire magazine out here? I really want that collector series. Any help here would be hot. [face_jarjar]

Ah, what the heck. While I'm at it, what is the "basic lightsaber" and how does it defer from the electronic one?

~PAd

13. Padawan Coalesce

Padawan Coalesce Jedi Master star 1

Jun 18, 1999
    Those boxes caught me off guard. I am not sure I like them. It sure didn't keep me from buying them though.

14. Son of the Suns

Son of the Suns Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 6, 1999
    Just picked up Jango Fett (Kamino Escape).

15. Tedakin_Skywalker

Tedakin_Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 31, 2002
    I got Jango Fett, Plo Koon, Kit Fisto and Shaak Ti. I like the smaller but awesome characters. I went this morning cause the Toys R Us by my house didn't do the midnight madness thing but there were a few people there when I arrived. Nothing like seeing a 40 year old basically walk to the shelf and pull everything into his cart. Seriously I'm 23 and was the youngest one there.

16. Queenie Amidala

May 7, 2000
    I bought Anakin Hanger Dual, Padme, Obi-Wan, Boba Fett, Tuskan Raider, Jango Fett, Yoda, and Count Dooku.

I also bought doubles of Anakin, Padme, Obi-Wan, and Jango so that I could open and play them.

For those of you who don't know already, let me enlighten you: the Anakin figure is a rather large spoiler. Be careful.

I also bought Dooku's electronic lightsaber. Now if I only had some batteries...

17. Tedakin_Skywalker

Tedakin_Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 31, 2002
    I would've gotten Yoda but he was absent. I want all the Jedi figures. I may even rebuy Qui-Gon so I can keep him in the box. Back in 1999 I couldnt resist and I broke the sacred plastic.

18. Soothsayer

Soothsayer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 20, 1999
    Sadly i do not have time to go and buy stuff. I am not sure if i will get any figures until i see the movie. I already have the Preview Jango figure. I am not a huge collector i just like to the ones whose characters are cool. My eye is on Dooku.

Also i will get the soundtrack with the poster cover eventually. School gets in the way of everything

19. TSOLfan

TSOLfan Jedi Youngling

Apr 14, 2002
    I was only looking for two figures, Anakin Hanger Dual and Count Dooku, and couldn't find either.

I checked a Toys 'R Us, KB Toys, Walmart, Target, Kmart, and nothing.

Our Toys 'R Us had a sign stating that they only had gotten figures 1-15.

Anyone else having any problems?

20. Queenie Amidala

May 7, 2000
    I went to Toys 'R' Us first and bought Anakin Hanger Duel, Obi, Padme, Jango, Yoda, and Dooku. Then, I went to two Wal-Marts and found Boba & Tuskan Raider.

I never saw a Royal Guard, Geonosian Warrior or Luminara Unduli.

I was extremely upset to find that neither one of the Wal-Marts had the soundtrack. Despite the fact that their display says it would be released on the 23rd, they supposedly dug around in the back and couldn't find it. I'm going to have to venture out to Best Buy in a bit...

21. EagleIFilms

EagleIFilms Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 6, 2001
    TSOLfan -

The reason is, that neither of those figs have come out yet.

They're spreading out the releases a bit this time.

Oh, and you can get a Count Dooku Deluxe figure.

22. TSOLfan

TSOLfan Jedi Youngling

Apr 14, 2002
    Our Wal-Mart had the soundtrack, and it had a special sticker advertising an "Exclusive Episode II Screensaver only available at Wal-Mart".

Though, I decided to save $5 and go get it at Circuit City.

Neither place had the bonus track, on either the album with the poster artwork or with the limited edition artwork.

23. EagleIFilms

Apr 6, 2001
    TSOL--I'd head over to Target and get the one with the bonus track.

24. Queenie Amidala

May 7, 2000
    That's not true. Both of those figures have been released. I purchased both of them at Toys 'R' Us last night, and saw Anakin all over the place elsewhere.

25. EagleIFilms

Apr 6, 2001
    Queenie Amidala - are you sure? The Count Dooku and Hanger Duel Anakin? I know the deluxe Dooku and Outland Peasent Disguise Anakin is out, but I didn't think those were.

And I'm pretty sure that the Hasbro list says they're not released yet either, but I COULD be wrong.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.