main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

RE: Thrawn Fans Unite!!!

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Casta, Jul 8, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Casta

Casta Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 23, 2000
    Strategy is Thrawn's prime obsession. Although Napoleon was hot with the chicks, he was never too infatuated with them.

2. Casta

Jun 23, 2000
    With Tam and me on the line, I don't think that you have to worry much about this thread dying down.

Some comics from Chiss life.

#1: Daycare of the Damned.
    http://members.aol.com/LeiaNacer/Chiss/daycare1.gif

#2: Thrawn One and Thrawn Two
    http://members.aol.com/LeiaNacer/Chiss/things.gif

3. Casta

Jun 23, 2000
    To clear things--I did not rename the thread or the club. TLC is an underground society, understand? :) And I started it somewhere else. TLC content, besides various heart-felt admirations, speculation and swoonings, is strictly off this BOARD. The TLC is not established on this thread or this board or even this site.

4. Charlemagne

Charlemagne Jedi Padawan star 4

May 15, 1999
    Thrawn's passion is beuty and art in my opinion not strategy.

Napolean was a gentleman obsessed with counquering the world. He also liked the ladies.

Thrawn is a man who just happens to be very good at his job.

In my opinion thus...

1. Human Souls
    2. Enigmas
    3. Beuty

are his desires and war is like a thousand billion miles down there.

I declare us the "Admiral's Crew!"

5. Dark Jedi Tam

Dark Jedi Tam Jedi Padawan star 4

May 12, 2000
    *claps at Charlemange*

Which is why I stated before that I KNOW if Thrawn existed I would never stand a chance with the guy! Sorry ladies but I think we would all be SOL dispite how much swooning we did.

Oh and Admiral_Thrawn60, well I was TRYING to do some productive things for the Thrawn Fans Unite! I ordered all that merchandise and started up the Anti-Rukh club! *sniff* It's not my fault! Casta's posts made me open up and confess my love toward Thrawn!

6. Charlemagne

May 15, 1999
    I'm a guy and proud of it

Thrawn is a man to admire and emanuate.

As for you ladies...

Cheer up! I'm fairly sure the Admiral would be very flattered at all the attention....

I imagine he misses it quite a bit

7. Dark Jedi Tam

May 12, 2000
    Thank you Admiral_Thrawn60! :) And it's ok, I'm not blaming you. I can understand your position of having your thread turned into the Females Lusting after Thrawn instead of it being for all Thrawn Fans alike.

Now that we females have gotten over much of our swooning, lets get back on the topics discussing Thrawn.

NEW QUESTION!!

Being a silly one of course, but if Thrawn was magically teleported here on Earth, what do you all think would happen?

Would he be captured by the military and studied? Would he try to win the hearts and loyalty of us citizens? Or maybe try to find a way back to his own galaxy? What do you think?

8. Charlemagne

May 15, 1999
    Oh my very silly.

Well if he were magically transported here to Earth I believe the first thing he would do is attempt to prepare us for the alien threat, making whatever deals he has for the government, while pushing us into a brief combat that united the planet under Imperial legislation.

Grateful for his treatment after he built a transmitter to contact the Imperial Navy we'd be advanced about 25000 years when he went back to work.

9. Dark Jedi Tam

May 12, 2000
    Not a bad thing, I wouldn't mind owning some of the technology they had. :)

But what do you think the public's reaction would be if a blue skinned, red eyed man suddenly tried to give his advice or have influence in the government? Wouldn't you think there would be some alien haters out there? Much like in his own universe? Well, I guess we fans would flock to his aid and be his bodyguards or something...

Heh, this turned out to be more than one question. :)

10. Casta

Jun 23, 2000
    Seemed like to be I'm taking the lion share of credit for TLC. I have one and only one reason for doing it. Well, loving Thrawn may be a small part, but that's not my point. I'm waiting for the return of the majority of Thrawniacs. Once they are here, I'd put up serious posts. I hate to put long analytical posts when no one is here to read it. Even posting is an art--timing matters. And Thrawn lusting seemed to be the best way to kill time when all of a flash, everyone disappeared into nowhere.

11. Casta

Jun 23, 2000
    The End of Thraw Lusting. I'm putting up serious ones now since our founder is back.

I hate to be skittish about the killing of clone, and I rarely repeat what I say. But since most of you guys have missed it and I somewhwat presented my point in a hurry. I never particularly sided with the clone idea, but that doesn't mean I want it killed off. I have more than just one reasons to justify why it's not right to off the clone in the following passages:

1) I resent to say this, but I regard killing a clone as murder on some level. What I mean is--you're killing a sentient being. This maybe somewhat debatable since we don't know whether the clone was conscious or not inside the Spaarti cylinder. This kind of scenario really reminds me of the controversy over the abortion issue that whether life begins at birth. I have drawn a parallel between abortion and killing a clone (how odd). Both the fetus and the clone somewhat have senses before they are released, and arguably they can be said sentient. The clones inside spaarti cylinders provide an impression for me that they are mostly full-fledged when they are released. I do regard a clone as a life, largely because of the biological development within the clone itself. Now killing off an innocent sentient being--what is it if it's not murder?

2)I have just stated that killing an INNOCENT sentient being should be considered murder. That leads to my next point. Is the clone of Thrawn innocent? Doubtlessly, it is. The proof is in that the clone hasn't done anything yet. Mara and Luke killed him off because of the POTENTIAL dangers the clone might be involved with. But we are talking about potential here, which can be or can't be realized. So it's only an assumption based on past observations of Thrawn himself, not Thraawn the clone. Past correlates with future, but the past does not directly lead to the future.

I have two questions here: First, does past actions of Thrawn represent the future conducts of the clone? Second, is the clone Thrawn HIMSELF? In my case, I would have negative responses to both of them. In many senses I regard the clone very much as another person with almost identical traits to Thrawn. No matter what Thrawn had done or would have done, there is a great measure of uncertainty regarding whether the clone would have carried on what Thrawn left unfinished. Even with the flash-teaching facility set up to basically duplicate Thrawn himself, the killing of Thraawn due to the fear of having THRAWN back in command is very much unrationalized. Why? Flash-teaching depends much on how many things are innate and how many are acquired. Thrawn's intent of annihilating NR was aquired in every single way. There's basically no way for Thraawn to have it in mind unless someone drums it into his head. On the contrary, the tactical genius still might be here since genius is pretty much of something inborn, but it can be used for good.

3)I couldn't have been more annoyed by the sanctimonious attitude carried by the Jedi and New Republic. I had not specific qualms with Jedi until Mara and Luke's act of killing the clone of Thrawn is justified as guarding the justice and maintaining the peace. Comparing to the Imperials, the Jedi themselves are a worse breed of bigots. They are literally paralyzed by their own fears that they have to forestall a future possibility. Mara and Luke had done nothing but lashing out a preemptive strike against the clone. Did the clone massacre a planetful of people? No, it didn't. Did the clone impose a tyrannical rule and oppress the populace? No. Did the clone inflict great pain on ANYONE? No. Kyp Durron wiped out Carida and was still pardoned, then accepted back to the Jedi Order. In my opinion, Kyp deserves to die more than the clone of Thrawn. You take penal actions against someone based on done deeds, not on some potential dangers they might cause. One can prevent the hazards by making various contingencies for themselves, but not murdering someone just because they MIGHT cause the hazar

12. Casta

Jun 23, 2000
    *collapses on keyboard* gjakl;deiowpoijgggopfjjjjjieee.

I'm high on caffeine!!!!!!!!!!

13. Casta

Jun 23, 2000
    600 for me!

14. Charlemagne

May 15, 1999
    Far be it me to protect Mara and Luke but Luke agreed with you and frankly believed that the Thrawn clone did not deserve to be punished for what his "Father" did. Indeed how could Luke believe otherwise when Darth Vader was his own father? It was only freak chance and Thrawn's defenses that forced them to try and save their lives...an action that unfortunately cost the Syndic his life...

I believe Syndic is a title for "Warlord" by the way.

15. Dark Jedi Tam

May 12, 2000
    *beats head on wall* Must... read... HoT duology!

You gave us some valid points there Casta, I couldn't have worded that better myself. Even though I haven't read the books, I do stand that Luke and Mara's decision *based on what I have read from other posters* was an immoral one. Again, in order for me to back this one up fully, I need to actually READ the books.

Charlemange, that's what I thought too, that Syndic was more a title rather than his name. I guess that leads to another question. What is his first name? Or his first and last name combined to make the name Mitt'hraw'naruodo? Speculations?

16. Casta

Jun 23, 2000
    My head is throbbing awfully bad from composing that juggernaut of a post. I believe you're satisfied. I literally turn myself into a palpitating volcano whenever the clone is mentioned.

I had just a whimsical thought this morning. I know Charlemagne loves Chiss female and actually created the character of Thrawn's beauteous daughter. Huhuh..*coughs*....if you are ever lucky enough, guys, to marry a Chiss....better be ready for a possibility of standing an Imperial Grand Admiral as your father-in-law.

BTW, for people who haven't read the second anecdote, i.e., Thrawn's bad uniform day, I'll be willing to provide a short summary of what happened to his glitsening white uniforms.

Heerrrrre we go, they are listed in chronological sequence:

1. During the dinner, some commander got carried away by his hormone and played smashball with the saltcellar, which landed in the stew and stirred a tide that turned agaisnt Thrawn, making him zebra of the day. First uniform down.

2. After Thrawn changed and Rukh caught him in the pass way to thwack a poisonous bug on Thrawn's nape, Thrawn petulantly found out that the poisnous bug left a conscpicuous portion of green stain on his freshly changed uniform. Gone with the second uniform.

3. The day passed without further incident, until Thrawn settled in his command room in his third uniform. Some of Thrawn's yslamiri made some squeaky noise, which annoyed Thrawn. So Thrawn resolved to mute those sessile creatures--and made possibly the dumbest non-career mistake in his life. The yslamirir peed, or shall I say in a more civilized manner, urinated, on his GA uniform out of fright. There goes the third uniform, as well as the last one. It'd take four hours for Central Cleaning to deliver Thrawn's uniform. Thrawn himself refused to settle for an olive-green admiral uniform, so he had to wear his shirt.

4. The shirt wasn't in much better luck than the uniforms. Due to some atrocious leakage, Thrawn called upon a team of maintenance. Thanks to the stupidity of the chief of the team, the pipe gave and literally flooded the command room.

The end result: Thrawn has nothing else to wear.

5. Finally, when first of Thrawn's uniform was delivered, the orderly was peculiarly traumatized and the white uniform fell and got sodden AGAIN.

I believe five are bad enough, please read the rest of fan-fic yourself.

17. Casta

Jun 23, 2000
    When I first read the "Dirt" fan-fic, I thought--how pitiable, a Grand Admiral--out of apparel?

18. Casta

Jun 23, 2000
    Where are all the rest of Thrawn fans?

19. Dark Jedi Tam

May 12, 2000
    Well, I'm at work. :p

Anyway, I happen to think Dirt was very funny. Just trying to image the scene where the orderly walks in Thrawn's room delivering that new uniform, and the events that followed had me rolling on the floor. Bad things happen to even the best Grand Admirals, and this just wasn't Thrawn's day. We all have bad days.

Personally I think Winters does a fine job writing about Thrawn. I wish she did a few more! The Bad case of the Blues was a cross over of sorts, and, although well written, it just didn't feel Star Wars-ish at all.

20. Charlemagne

May 15, 1999
    Hey since we're discussing everything Thrawn.

Anything anyone want to see in my thrawnfiction archive/storyline?

The Official Thrawn is alive?

Anything at all...please suggest I'm running out of ideas :)

21. Casta

Jun 23, 2000
    Charlemagne, go back some few pages and read my posts on P. and Thrawn.

22. Casta

Jun 23, 2000
    Winter's Thrawn seemed to be in good humor. The poor commander who tossed the saltcellar would have been choked to death if he turned Vader into a mongoose. But for Thrawn, here's the response VERBATIM:

"In future, please confine your targeting skills to the batteries. A little decorum would be appreciated. This is the officer's mess, not the smashball court."

LOL.

Well, I thought there are two parts that are the most hilarious. First time is when Thrawn stepped out of his room after the dinner splash in the freshly-changed uniform and Rukh discovered that pesky bug. I guessed that as soon as Thrawn saw the stain on his uniform #2, he know it's the super doomsday for his GA uniforms. Second time is the yslamirir incident--Thrawn ran out of uniforms and had to settle for a shirt!!! Arrrrrggggghhhhh!!!!!

23. Casta

Jun 23, 2000
    Did anyone see the picture I posted yesterday? I just loved Daycare of the Dommed. Just loved it. Have you guys realized that the colored/dark-complexioned kid in Pellaeon's arms might be--THRAWN? MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!

24. Casta

Jun 23, 2000
    The one amusing part in "Dirt" is when Thrawn started to cuss in Chiss. It must be an AWFULLY bad day for Thrawn, given he had all his uniforms ruined, his command room flooded, peed on by Ysilamiri, hosted a rubyfruit bug, and received the lion share of Nerfstew bombardment.

25. Dark Jedi Tam

May 12, 2000
    Not to mention being stared lustily at by Daala. *eww* I loved the line "Just having her gaze lustily at him was enough to make him want to return to the refresher and scrub down with a disinfectant." Hehehe not even Thrawn see's anything good about her!

Daycare of the D@mned is cute too! I love the little one who's saying, "There was a flaw to the plan, I know it!" Down at the bottom.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.