main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

RE: Thrawn Fans Unite!!!

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Casta, Jul 8, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dark Jedi Tam

Dark Jedi Tam Jedi Padawan star 4

May 12, 2000
    Of course! ;) How could we make Thrawn look like some ugly toad. I'd string Lucas up on a cloths line by this toe nails if he did. Mitt'hraw'nuruodo just says suave, sophistacated, and *sorry I can't resist* down right seeexxy! :D

Anyeay, I for one wouldn't want to see Thrawn in a movie anyway. As soon as I see the face of a given character, it kinda ruins the character. It's like what Lucas is doing for Boba Fett. To me, it kills the mystery. I like to invision those characters as I think they should look.

2. Grand Admiral Thraawn

Grand Admiral Thraawn Jedi Youngling star 1

May 7, 1999
    Thrawn Thrawn Thrawn ... where do I begin?!?!?

Ahhh Casta! The quote from TLC on pg. 68 is probably my second favorite passage in all of SW EU, besides the big Mara and Luke moment.

Thrawn was not a bad person! As we learned in HoT, and I think in one of the DT's or VP, he was trying to bring the galaxy under one leadership ... to deal with the invasion force to come. He just saw the need to do such a thing like what? 20 years before it happened.

I don't believe Thrawn is dead either. If the war is to be won against the YV is space, Thrawn is only person I can see who can do it. I can picture him doing a little "Bel Iblis" sorta thing with a private military against the YV.

hehehe just picture it ... Wedge and the rogues enter the system in which sent a distress signal that they where being attacked and overwhelmed by the Yuzzies, and when they arrive, all they see is a flicker of pseudomotion from like 8 star destroyers and a whole ****load of destroyed YV, a force easily big enough to wipe out 20 star destroyers. hehehe. THRAWN BABY!

for best quote see below...

3. Casta

Casta Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 23, 2000
    The Empire should build Death Star III, under our returning beloved Grand Admiral Thrawn, and show Yuzzies who is the boss.

4. Casta

Jun 23, 2000
    Down with New Republics, long live the Empire (and Thrawn).

We should establish the Thrawn Fandom Temple, where we shall worship our favorite Grand Admiral.

Any avid Thrawn fan qualifies to be the priest/priestess of the temple.

5. Casta

Jun 23, 2000
    Theme music for Thrawn: Imperial March, of course, on a grander scale.

6. Casta

Jun 23, 2000
    The Super Doomsday Weapon of Next Book: Thrawn.

7. Dark Jedi Tam

May 12, 2000
    I thought Thrawn was against the whole Super Laser idea to begin with?

I'd rather see him win a battle with the YV with his mind, not some huge weapon. That just seems too easy. Unless of course the New Republic goes ape if they see it being built, then send Mara Jade and Luke to blow it up *the Batman and Robin duos I guess*, then are get caught in a battle between the Imperials and the YV. But then, it makes me wonder, wouldn't Thrawn just go back to his personal base and rally his troops there? I havne't read HoT or VotF yet, but from what I gather he's got a pact with both Imperial forces and those fellow Chiss that were exiled with him. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Now THAT would be a spiffy battle! :)

8. Casta

Jun 23, 2000
    Thrawn should have some brilliant manuevers that can best the Yuzzies--we'll let those monsters with face tattoos know who is the boss.

The post-Endor Imperials' best weapon is not some super-laster crap, it's--Thrawn and his brain.

9. Mitt

Mitt Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 10, 1999
    Right on top of the White House! Hehe! I like the sound of that! Was someone saying earlier they hadn't heard the name Mitth'raw'nuruodo before? Its from the HoT books, Spector of the Past and Vision of the Future. Has anyone else read the Thrawn Adventure Journals?

10. Casta

Jun 23, 2000
    What about we set up multiple temples?

Post 1: Right on top of the Imperial Palace on Coruscant (yeah, we're going to HAUNT those whiny rebels big time!)

Post 2: Atop the Massassi temples (move over, jedi rats, the universe belongs to Thrawn)

Post 3: White house...pentagon...;-)

11. jediguy

jediguy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2000
    hey..
    who else was ticked off when the beloved Grand Admiral in SotP turned out TO BE FAKE!!! What a massive, massive let down.

12. Casta

Jun 23, 2000
    Had Thrawn been a human, I think Vader's career propspects would seem to be not very optimistic. And Vader choked waaaaaaaayyyy too many commanders.

Thrawn is probably one great wasted genius in the Empire. His talent was never fully realized, notably victimized by Palpatine's bias and his own untimely death. If it was not of these unfavorable circumstances, Thrawn would have gone very far, both politcally and personally. In fact, he had already transcended the racial barriers by becoming the only non-human Grand Admiral.

Certainly, Thrawn would have had brilliant victory against the Rebel Alliance had he been commanding the Imperial forces during the Battle of Endor. However, his triumph over New Republic was another case. In TTT, one of the Imperial officers mentioned that before NR was established, the Rebels fought fiercely with astounding bravery and energy because they had nothing else to lose. After the establishment of NR, they engaged in battles with refrains, in fear of loss, defeat and destruction. Doubtless to say, Thrawn got his grip on this pervasive feeling among the New Republic forces. I assume that was largely why Thrawn had captured several systems knowing the advantage of this cautious feeling has yielded, and the NR seemed too stunned and too afraid to move against him.

Thrawn--master of psychological warfare.
    I therefore prostrate myself in front of thy noble feet.

13. Casta

Jun 23, 2000
    I have liked Noghris all along...until Rukh killed my beloved Grand Admiral. :-( Even Thrawn is dead, he seemed immortal to me. Thrawn was almost infallible in battles, and there was a kind of dead precision of his maneuvers and tactis. The New Republic beat the Imperials by luck, that further validates Thrawn's ingenuity simply becaue New Republic couldn't best Thrawn through head-to-head combats.

Assassination is a petty death for Thrawn. If Thrawn was destined to die, I want the whole Chimaera blown up, set ablaze and turned into nebulae of flames. That's much more majestic.

Long live Thrawn--and the Empire!

14. Dark Jedi Tam

May 12, 2000
    I liked Pellaeon, keep in mind that he was working *under* Thrawn's command. He learned a lot from Thrawn during that time.

Now for the big announcement: THRAWN FOR PRESIDENT!!

I think he could whip this world into shape! Yeap, bring all the countries into one and unify the military, we would be powerful.

15. Grand Admiral Thraawn

Grand Admiral Thraawn Jedi Youngling star 1

May 7, 1999
    Ahhhhh yes.
    I'm back home :)

I CANNOT believe Thrawn is dead. I WILL NOT submit to the idea that he is gone forever in the EU universe. Ok then, how about this. How will he return and when?

I would like to see a 'secret' warlord or someone having their own war against the Yuzzies for like 3 books

Then find out in a 4th book it's Thrawn, saving the galaxy.

Awwwww yeah baby!
    But the only thing is ... he would need Vong Art. Where the HELL is he gonna get some VONG art? Oi.

Captain/Supreme Commander P is NOT a pussyfoot! He's old and wise now and is very proud.

Thrawn rox, we all know it.

"I think, captain, that our friend here is about to live out his usefullness to the Empire, and to us."
    "Yes, sir"
    -------------------------------

16. Supreme Chancellor Thrawn

Supreme Chancellor Thrawn Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 8, 1999
    Ah, I'm back. Hail Thrawn!

A very good Thrawn site can be found at
    www.thrawn.com

Excelent information on Thrawn and the Chiss.

17. Casta

Jun 23, 2000
    Thrawn for president? Hmmm..when are we going to distribute "Thrawn for President" bumper stickers? Yeah, yeah, make him the president. So if Thrawn is there, I don't see much hope for Al or George. I'd better get a nomination for a post of chief of staff beside Thrawn. Hope I'm competent and Rukh was long banished.

18. Casta

Jun 23, 2000
    Pellaeon is mediocre comparing to Thrawn, but a whole lot better than some others. Yeah, chou-chou de Thrawn he is. I think Gilad is more inspired with Syndic, instead of that copper-head Daala. As a matter of fact, Syndic and Gilad were hitting off pretty well together. While Syndic euphorically constructs his grand scheme, Gilad tentatively supplies little details that adds to the perfection. And Gilad does contribute to the sustaining of Syndic's ego.

I would not succumb to the fact that Thrawn is dead--in such a lame, shabby, and pitiable way! Fine, fine, Tim, you sure can kill off Thrawn. But for someone with such grandiose accomplishments, Thrawn deserves to die in a Wagner-esque motif, exalted and luminous, then triumphs in eternity with his ghost haunting the New Republic till the end. I feel I'm trailing into the sense of Thrawn entering the pantheon of imperial martyrdom.....

19. Casta

Jun 23, 2000
    Thrawn does not go around and flaunt his ingenious tactics and superb achievement, yet he was acknowledged to be one of the greatest strategists in the EU universe. Recall that in VotF, Mara Jade told Parck that if Palpatine was one step ahead of all in the court affairs, then some strategist like Thrawn was AT LEAST two steps ahead. Not that many imperial commanders seemed to possess the confident energy, the kind of sheer iron will and charisma of Thrawn. What is Daala? Bluff and hubris. Piett? He contracted Vaderphobia and Choke-irosis. Needa? Ah, pieta. Pellaeon? Too constraine by his own fear to move. Ozzle? A load of pathos.

What's the most formidable about Thrawn is that he withstands the tolls of vecissitudes in battles and in politics. He has the mentality of a leader--unshakable and fiercely concentrated on the goal. Being defeated for one time is not too grievous of a matter for him. The final victory weighs more. In VotF, Parck or Jade recounted that Thrawn's supposed exile to the Unknown Regions, as a result of the ugly political battle taking place at Imperial Palace. Althought it turned out to be it was not an exile but rather an exploration, going into the Unknown Region is still, however, like being thrown into "a fully populated rancor pit." For anyone else, they might have collapsed in a barbarous world. Thrawn perservered--mapping out the Unknown Region for his master. The mapping was intended to be an insult added to injury for Thrawn's punishment. And Thrawn withstood the humiliation.

20. Mitt

Mitt Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 10, 1999
    Does anyone else refuse to call the "New Republic" anything but the rebellion still just cause thats how Thrawn refered to it?

21. Casta

Jun 23, 2000
    1. favorite Thrawn novel, comic, etc.?
    The Last Command, but the whole trilogy was excellent.

2. opinion of whether or not Thrawn should come back, and when?
    Bring Thrawn back, some time in future, and kick some Yuzzie ass.

3. favorite Thrawn quote?
    But, it was so artistically done. (i.e., artistry till the end)

4. favorite Thrawn action?
    The capture of Ukio and assault on Coruscant, they are just plain ingenious. And Thrawn's campaign at Bilbingi--he moved against the odds and he was right. Too bad, he got killed there.

5. reason for liking Thrawn?
    Need I babble more? :)

22. Casta

Jun 23, 2000
    To celebrate my advancement to two stars, I decided to make my first 2-star post on the Thrawn thread.

Shall I sing "Ode to Thrawn"?

Back to business.

Thrawn is a man of taste. In fact, superb taste. I can imagine Thrawn as the patron who grace Imperial Opera House, dance theaters, various fine art galas, exhibitions, and of course, museums with his haughty presence. Thrawn doesn't dabble in art because he needs the guidance, rather it's out of genuine appreciation. He derived his knowledge and understanding from the arts and wielded his learning on battlefield.

I don't see refined artistic taste and military strategy as being mutually exclusive. For example, Napoleon. Besides his flamboyant leadership and ingenious tactis, Napoleon was reputed to be highly fond of books and art. And he was also an avid amateur mathematician, excelling in various branches. From a direct point of view, these things had little connection with combative strategies, yet Napoleon has been renowned as one of the finest military strategists. His solid skills in geometry were transformed into steely logic and deductive tactis on battlefield. Ditto Alexander the Great. Ditto various Roman Emperors, with Marcus Aurelius being an eminent philosopher, par example. Even Hitler has drawn inspirations from the bombastic and heroic tunes of Wagner. That stands the case for Thrawn.

Who said military leaders must be crass and unseemly, with mearger knowledge of fine arts and literature? Thrawn in EU altered that perception. A Grand Admiral can ferociously command his force as well as be a suave, erudite gentleman. This is the point where Thrawn demonstrates his mental superiority over Vader.
    Thrawn clearly possesses more subtlety and discerning comprenhension of emotional nuances. Whether he was born like that or not, art definitely has left its own indelible stamp on Thrawn's personality. Finesse and acumen appeal to Thrawn's finer sensibilities more than coarseness and use of brute force. Nontheless, art only reflects part of his aptitude. If Thrawn even minds ethereal, recondite topics like art, it's not difficult to assume that he pays even more attention to more fundamental aspects in strategies. And the type of strategic ingenuity that awes all of us, is burnished by a touch of artistic insight. Afterall, art has indeed enriched the psyche of Thrawn.

23. Casta

Jun 23, 2000
    It totally stinks that you can't edit your message 15 minutes later because I don't realize my spelling mistake until 15 minutes later. ARRRgHHHHH!

24. Mitt

Mitt Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 10, 1999
    1. favorite Thrawn novel, comic, etc.?
    Dark Force Rising. Comic, hmmmm I like them all. Etc? Well from the Adventure Journals I think my favorite is still Mist Encounter. (Tarzan outfit, its a Thrawn chick thing ;-)

2. opinion of whether or not Thrawn should come back, and when?
    Come back! Please come back! Anytime!

3. favorite Thrawn quote?
    "It got us what we wanted, that is all that matters"

4. favorite Thrawn action?
    The figure. ;-) Hehe. Hmmm I guess when he figured out that Leia and Chewie had sneaked away just from the sensor date.

5. reason for liking Thrawn?
    Well hes my husband I have to like him.... ;-) I like him because hes Imperial and hes really intelligent.

25. Mitt

Mitt Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 10, 1999
    Hey now don't be jealous because I've read more Thrawn stuff then you and can list all those pieces as my favorites.

Now really, SotP and VotF is written by Zahn and is called the Hand of THRAWN. You call yourself a Thrawn fan, you should read them just on principle.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.