main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

RE: Thrawn Fans Unite!!!

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Casta, Jul 8, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Casta

Casta Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 23, 2000
    Tam, I've read your fan-letter (or shall I say, love letter/invitation to date?) to Thrawn. How very amusing. What about we write a joint letter to him?

Heeeeeeeeeerrrrre we go:

Dearest Thrawn:

*faints*

Love,
    Tam and Casta.

2. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Force Ghost star 6

Jul 1, 2000
    How bout minture Thrawn key chains!

Facal expression eh? I dunno....i guess the raised eyebrow

3. Casta

Jun 23, 2000
    Kiss me, I just got a letter back from Thrawn--and an autograph, :).

4. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

Jul 1, 2000
    *kisses Casta*

5. Dark Jedi Tam

Dark Jedi Tam Jedi Padawan star 4

May 12, 2000
    Key chains!! YES! That's a great idea!! *scribble scribble*

Ok, now I have:
    Anti-Rukh T-Shirts
    Anti-Rukh Voodoo dolls
    Anti-Rukh/Noghri tracking devices *for all our hunting pleasure*
    Thrawn T-Shirts
    Thrawn Key chains

Oh wait, I'll throw in the life size statues of Thrawn too! No fan can't be caught without one!

*GALAXY FED EX man arrives and hands package to DJT*

Oh dear what is this? *opens package and reads little letter inside, promply fainting*

8-D He said he's more than happy to go out to that gallery!! WOO! I even got a pretty rose! *holds up rose*

6. Dark Jedi Tam

May 12, 2000
    Casta, I think we *are* the only female fans. Well that's ok, more Thrawn for us. :)

Isn't Thrawns only expression that eyebrow raise? Maybe a dashing, devouner grin that could melt you instantly.

Here's a question. What do you think Thrawn looks like? Is he old, young? Cute, moderate? I don't think I need to explain to all you what I think he looks like. :)

But I think in Dark Force Rising *comic version* page...*looks through comic* page...WHAT!? No page numbers?? *grumble* ok, the page where Thrawn is sitting in his command chamber with the Corellian Flame Miniatures floating around him. The very last panel lower right. That is the closest image in my mind I have on what he looks like.

I'd do a drawing of him and post it over in the art section, but I keep messing up his eyes. For some reason, I can't get the shape of his eyes the way I want them. Oh well, I'll let you all know if I hit success.

7. Dark Jedi Tam

May 12, 2000
    BTW, are we the only fans for Thrawn here??? There HAS to be more! Who can resist him? He was the whole reason that Zahn wrote that series!

8. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

Jul 1, 2000
    Im afraid i have you already beat, Admiral. *holds blue paint and glowing red blacklight contacts*

Here is a picture of what I think the good Admiral looks like and it is the best one out there too!
    http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Shop/9311/thrawnbw.JPG

9. Dark Jedi Tam

May 12, 2000
      ///Girls, I hate to bust your bubble, but Thrawn is a Chiss. I don't think you'd find him very attractive (unless you are turned on by guys with blue skin and glowing red eyes)

Admiral_Thrawn60, we girls are fully aware that he's a Chiss! Those red glowing eyes are what makes him seexxy! I don't have any quarrles with inter-species relationships when it comes to Star Wars! :D ;)

Ok, I got you down for 20 of those trackers, too. This is the last call before I send the order slip in! What else does everyone want? I'm sure our art loving Grand Admiral would like to distibute little coloring books to us so he can study them later...

BTW if you all want to start an Anti-Rukh club that's fine, but it WAS my idea originally. ;) *nods head*

Oh and CmdrMitthrawnuruodo, I remember seening that pic somewhere before! Thanks for that link. But he looks too errm wrinkly for my taste. Who did that picture though? It is very well done!

NOTE: Does anyone else think it sucks that you only have 15 minutes after you post to edit your message?

10. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

Jul 1, 2000
    I'll take a truck load of those Anti-Noghri trackers!

What? You want him to be young? You fell in love with an old Chiss. Course he is going to have a couple wrinkles! Hell my sister says he is good looking in that pic. Course she likes old guys to begin with.

11. Dark Jedi Tam

May 12, 2000
    No no no no no! I don't see him as a young looking guy, if you look at the image I described to you, I think you'll understand how I see him. He still has some lines of age and experience, and I've always seen him looking like he's about late 30's early 40's in human years.

Anyway, so here is the list:

200 Anti-Rukh T-Shirts
    500 Anti-Rukh Voodoo dolls
    5000 Anti-Rukh/Noghri tracking devices
    1000 Thrawn T-Shirts
    500 Thrawn Key chains
    500 Thrawn statues *life size*

Hmmm...that comes to a grand total of...*counts on fingers* oh dear. The total comes to 100,000 credits.

Umm, do you all think the Emperor will let us use his Jedi Master Card?

12. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

Jul 1, 2000
    The Emperor? He's dead!

*hands Tam his Grand Admiral's Gold Visa card*

13. Dark Jedi Tam

May 12, 2000
    Excellent! Mucho thanks CmdrMitthrawnuruodo!

Attention all we should be getting that merchandise and equipment in in a few hours! :)

*hands CmdrMitthrawnuruodo's Visa card back*

14. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

Jul 1, 2000
    I have a question that is bugging me...

How can the Rebellion not know about the 12th Grand Admiral, namely Thrawn? Certainly they knew there were 12 Grand Admiral's and they only got 11 of them.

I can figure that Thrawn might have falsfied his file or the Emperor did.

But they only got 11 Grand Admirals!

15. Charlemagne

Charlemagne Jedi Padawan star 4

May 15, 1999
    Hmm

HEY I'M A THRAWN FAN!

:)

Well as to how the Rebbellion didn't know about Grand Admiral Thrawn I'm thinking they knew about Mith'raw'nuado as a minor player in the Imperial court who was banished not long before the Endor affair.

Given the Imperial civil war and the like, it was probably believed he died in the Unknown Regions...."official assignments" to dead end were often Imperial speak for death.

Captain Needa may have died in battle but in vast space it's all too easy to say that he and his family have instead moved to <x> to become Govenoring family of etc.

-Charlemagne

16. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

Jul 1, 2000
    Ah..i see...Ok

17. Dark Jedi Tam

May 12, 2000
    That or his name wasn't listed in the Grand Admirals in the Empires files. Didn't the Rebellion look into the files to gain knowledge of the military leaders after they took over Coruscant? So far here are the Grand Admirals I could find:

Grand Admiral Makati
    Grand Admiral Zaarin
    Grand Admiral Tigellinus
    Grand Admiral Synn
    Grand Admiral Grunger
    Grand Admiral Pitta
    Grand Admiral Takel
    Grand Admiral Il-Raz
    Grand Admiral Batch
    Grand Admiral Grant
    Grand Admiral Thrawn

That's only 11 right there. Now who the heck was the other one? My guess is that somewhere in the Imperial files, there where other names listed for possible deceased Grand Admirals and the Rebellion counted them, making 12 GA's. So they figured that if they counted all 12 then they didn't need to search for more. If that makes sense.

18. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

Jul 1, 2000
    *adds what happened to them*
    Grand Admiral Zaarin - turned Traitor killed by Thrawn
    Grand Admiral Syn - destroyed by Ackbar....how pathetic
    Grand Admiral Grunger - turned on Pitta
    Grand Admiral Pitta - turned on Grunger *both died* ...Greedy bastards
    Grand Admiral Takel - executed....oo nice story idea right here
    Grand Admiral Il-Raz - commited suicide.....Pity
    Grand Admiral Batch - assassinated
    Grand Admiral Grant - defected to New Republic....Bastard
    Grand Admiral Tigellinus - unknown
    Grand Admiral Makati - unknown....Now where are they?
    Grand Admiral Thrawn - Rukh turned on him......*sniff*

If anyone says Zsinj was the 12th GA, you are wrong. He self-promoted himself to GA after Palpatine died.

The Chronology I think only lists 11 Grand Admirals. So there is room for one more Grand Admiral for some author to make up. *Blinks* Hey thats it! There is a Grand Admiral incharge of the Hand of Thrawn! Not Parck. The 12th Grand Admiral was probably a understanding commander and was not jealous of Thrawn like the others.

Hmm...I understand what your saying Tam. But let me say this the New Republic used stupid logic. If a Grand Admiral is deceased, Palpatine would replace him.

19. Casta

Jun 23, 2000
    Tam, when is our joint *date* with Thrawn? Where shall we take him for luncheon? (Don't tell me we are taking our adored Grand Admiral to Burger King!) What about our attires? (Duh, no jeans)
    Now it starts to sound like we're going to baby-sit him. On Dark Force Rising, *novel*, the Thrawn on that picture is well done, especially his face. ;-)

Admiral Thrawnee, we might want start anti-Rukh club somewhere else. His presence on this club tarnishes the beauteous image of Thrawn. And who said Chiss is ugly? Don't you notice Tam and my bumperstickers read "We brake for Chiss"?

Commander Mitt: Ah, thanks. *raises an eyebrow in Thrawn-esque manner.*

Charlemange: your enthusiastic support for Thrawn is well known to me. Welcome to the club. :)

Thrawn Merchandise: Hmmm.....*fills out order form*

Wrinkles for Thrawn? The multi-purpose remedy is---anti-wrinkle facial cream. Ah, no, I have no particular qualms about a couple of them. Female Thrawnees stresses maturity, not rashness of some 20-years old on their first date.

20. Casta

Jun 23, 2000
    I mean, on the COVER of DFR the novel.

21. Dark Jedi Tam

May 12, 2000
    Yes, but Thrawn's promotion to Grand Admiral was in secret as well. Most likely that event was never recorded in the Imperial records. But you are correct that Palpy would replace deceased Grand Admirals. But once he was gone, who promotes them? Yeah you have those who promote themselves, but they probably don't record that for postarity.

Casta, BURGER KING??? Please, don't insult me! ;) I know of a high class resturaunt, but if you have a suggestion I'd love to here it! The place I'm thinking of is formal, so you will have to wear a dress! :)

So you know what picture I'm refering to? See he still looks old, but not ancient or anything or not this young 25 year old. Course, in Dark Force Rising, his profile looks terrible! Come to think of it, Pellaeons looks bad too. It's like all the Imperial officers have these square roman noses. Anyways I'm babbling...the luncheon is for tomorrow. He will be picking us up in his personal shuttle! :) *rushes to go find her emerald green gown*

22. Dark Jedi Tam

May 12, 2000
    How can you SEE that?? He's so small! I'm thinking of the Comic version. Oh well.

OH!! We just got our order in!! COME AND GET YOUR THRAWN T-SHIRTS!!

*lugs big box out and opens it*
    *pulls out her Thrawn T-Shirt and puts it on*

Perfect fit!

23. Casta

Jun 23, 2000
    Tam, I'm mean the cover of DFR the novel, not the comic book. At this point, I have to disagree with you. I absolutely LOVE straight Roman noses. It gives one who has it a majestic and regal aura. Gown, gown, where is my gown? I thought a plain dress would suffice, unless it's candle-light dinner. How very artistic. ;-)

24. Dark Jedi Tam

May 12, 2000
    Casta, ok, maybe I'll get my point across with an e-mail. Look for one I'll send you one tonight. :)

BTW what do you all think Thrawn would think if he read these posts of ours? :p

25. Casta

Jun 23, 2000
    "BTW what do you all think Thrawn would think if he read these posts of ours? :p"

He would most certainly raise one brow, and I'm dead sure about this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.