main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

RE: Thrawn Fans Unite!!!

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Casta, Jul 8, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Casta

Casta Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 23, 2000
    Tam, can you send me a private message? I've temporarily forgotten my e-mail password.

2. Dark Jedi Tam

Dark Jedi Tam Jedi Padawan star 4

May 12, 2000
    Actually I've sent you it via e-mail. The one on your profile.

Actually I sent you two because the first one was incomplete, so just read the one that doesn't have 'Thrawn pics' or something to that nature in the header.

3. Dark Jedi Tam

May 12, 2000
    Oh bug, well, I don't think you can send pictures through your private message system.

4. Dark Jedi Tam

May 12, 2000
    Please don't start flaming me for saying this, but with how crazy Lucas has got in the brain with the Star Wars movies, I could guarentee you that he would create his own villian. Look at how he's treating Fett in Episode II. He's creating a new history for him, dispite there are books about his history already. What makes you think he would use the books to base any movies off of? <---that question is more to be answered by everyone.

I DON'T want to to see Thrawn in any movie. The main reason is I don't want to see his character changed from the book. God willing that the writers and directors change something. Plus, once there is an actor who is playing Thrawn, your stuck with that, whether you like it or not. I'm going to bring back Fett for this one, because I don't want to know what he looks like. Let the man be a mystery, that adds to his mystek. That is what makes the character more appealing, the fact you have to keep guessing.

5. Casta

Jun 23, 2000
    When I go to my supposed *date*, I'm going to make darn sure that I'll bring enough iron supplement pills.

6. Dark Jedi Tam

May 12, 2000
    *steps out in her emerald green gown that matches her eyes, looking drop dead gorgious.*

Don't worry Casta, if you start to faint, I'll catch you. :)

*GASPS* OH MY! The shuttle's coming this way!!

7. Casta

Jun 23, 2000
    Now we're scaring the male Thrawnees......

8. Dark Jedi Tam

May 12, 2000
    This is starting so sound like the Thrawn Lusters Club to me. :p

Perhaps we should get back on track.

Oh yes... I still have all those T-Shirts!

9. Casta

Jun 23, 2000
    I agree.

When are we going to start the Thrawn Halloween project?

10. Charlemagne

Charlemagne Jedi Padawan star 4

May 15, 1999
    I must concur that Skin color and eyes blue and red are not that unnattractive....

I'm even writing Thrawn's daughter who I believe would be quite attractive to myself (and hopefully any fellow with taste)

and she's quite blue

(Blue by the way should be Thrawn's theme song)

11. Casta

Jun 23, 2000
    Blue.....*faints* Now you guys are falling for a Chiss lady. BTW, did Thrawn REALLY have a daughter?

12. Casta

Jun 23, 2000
    I really want to say that, some personal attributes of Thrawn reminisce of Napoleon. All right, it's just plain subconscious feeling.

Here's why:
    1) Napoleon's men were willing to go to hell with him, even many years after his exile they refused to join the Bourbons. Isn't the same case for Thrawn? Ten years after death, yet some were still sticking around for him.

2) Napoleon is more interested in conquests than wholesale slaughter. Although some leaders (Hitler, Suleiman) are inspiring to their subject, they seemed to be no more than a couple butchers to me.

3) Napoleon is a tasteful leader---aptitude in impressive depth as well as in breadth. Bibliophile he is.

4) Napoleon is a leader who commands respect as well as loyalty. He proves to be immensely inspiring to his soldiers.

5) Napoleon is familiar with technology. He figure out through calcalus canon projectile does not go in a parabola but a skewed curve because of air resistance. For Thrawn....case in point: In HTTE, when Luke Skywalker escaped for the first time, Thrawn noted that such maneuver would damage the hyperdrive engine, but Pellaeon, a solidly trained Imperial commander, never realized that.

6) Master strategist. Logical and perspicacious.

7) Chicks fall for Napoleon......and I mean ladies of pedigree

8) Obsession with battlefield tactics and information.

13. Dark Jedi Tam

May 12, 2000
    *coughs at Admiral_Thrawn60*

Here are your Noghri Trackers. The reason they didn't have anymore is because I got the last of them. :p

Ok, so is everyone ready to go track down those ugly smelly Noghri's and kill them? We must protect our Grand Admiral!

CHARGE!! Bananza! D@mn the torpedos!

14. Casta

Jun 23, 2000
    Dear Admiral Thrawniac: We're out of this Thrawn madness before last midnight. Thank you very much. *cough*. I doubt whom Zahn modeled Thrawn after. My closest guess is Machiavelli and Napoleon. What about yours?

Hunt down the Noghris! Haul them off to the rancor pit! Make the Noghris wail and weep, slay them all but spare the sheep.

When Jade and Skywalker flooded the cloning chamber, that scene really breaks my heart--not for any valor on their part, but for the fact that there'd be little chance Thrawn will return. *weeps*. Despite my being as a Jade fan, I don't know whether I should title such actions as murderers---or at least, preemptive strikes. I mean, look at it, a clone! What kind of atrocity had the clone committed? Sure, there might be some POTENTIAL hazards in regard to the interests of New Republic. Therefore, dear comrades, in order to preven NR from going schizophrenic and paranoid, we should "off" Thraawn before he was even released. How perversely thoughtful! How do you know if the clone would do any harm? Because of past conducts done by Thrawn himself? Because of the fear that it would happen again? The clone hasn't done anything yet to prove that he'd be a big big bad a$$. In other words, the clone was innocent. I'd better shut up NOW, or else I'd turn myself as a palpitating volcano because of my wrath over what happened to the clone.

15. Casta

Jun 23, 2000
    It stinks more than a rotten wampa that you can't edit your message 15 minutes after you have posted it.

16. Casta

Jun 23, 2000
    Even though I felt heart-wrenched over that ruined clone, I do not want to see a clone of Thrawn coming back. Why? If we can clone Thrawn for one, why not clone fifty of them? How lovely, we have 50 Grand Admirals running aross the galaxy. The scenario would be:

Some person: Syndic Mitth'raw'nuruodo, please raise your hand.

Below the podium: *fifty light blue hands raised*.

Having a bunch of clones running loose is perplexing enough. But that's not my essential point. Having a clone of Thrawn coming back is not the same as having Thrawn himself back in charge. No matter how close the clone resembles our grand admiral, even to the point of being completely identical, it's not the same. My point is: it's not Thrawn. I don't know how to descirbe this eerie feeling, but having a clone of Thrawn tarnishes the prestige, the mystical aura of Thrawn himself. It's like....in a flash, the nimbus surrounding his presence dissipates in a breath of air. Because Thrawn is so "clonable", that we can just clone another if one dies. To me, it seems that Thrawn isn't worth as much as what we would like to think. Duplicating is what I regard as the factor that diminishes the value. Here goes an analogy: there are thousands of Mona Lisa duplicates circulating in the market, but they are not worth as much because they are not THE Mona Lisa. The duplicate not THE Mona Lisa itself, pure and simple. In the same sense, Thraawn is not THE Thrawn.

The key is: to make the Thrawn go on in charge indefinitely, means basically immortalizing him. No, give me the mortal Thrawn. If his physical existence in EU is eternal, I would dread such utterly. My mortal feelings are not geared toward an immortal person.

17. Shihan_Isshinryu

Shihan_Isshinryu Jedi Youngling

Jul 22, 2000
    I would have to agree with Thrawn 60.....Grand Admiral Thrawn is the perfect villian and remains my favorite character within the star wars universe.

18. Casta

Jun 23, 2000
    I don't know whether to label Thrawn stereotypical or not (note: stereotypical is not a pejorative word here). Unstereotypical...for a SW villain. Stereotypical...or unstereotypical...for a brilliant master strategist. Thrawn reminds me of at least three people. Thrawn is a quaint mixture.

19. Charlemagne

May 15, 1999
    Chiss females...yum.

No to my knowledge. The idea of Thrawn's heir has been running around for quite some time however and it seems it's always a female...

(with good reason)

Currently one exists in my fanfic

20. Casta

Jun 23, 2000
    If Thrawn indeed has a descendant, I would like him or her be some what the same but different from Thrawn. Has daddy's intelligence, but has some other distinct elements as well.

21. Charlemagne

May 15, 1999
    You tell me Casta (new postage)

I'm going for rebbelious, just as intelligent, possesing the same ruthless elements as well, but a large desire to bend the rules where Thrawn prefers to keep them.

Chaos were her father is order.

22. Casta

Jun 23, 2000
    And I don't want the kid to look extremely beautiful.....for some odd reason. Beauty and intelligence always dont' go together. I bet Thrawn wouldn't be regarded as particularly handsome either.

Now I might just mention how I imagine Thrawn's face: aquiline (just don't give me hook nose), highlighted bone structure, striking features (preferably Greek or Roman), eyes that seemed to contain a feel of quiet fire and resemble the ones of a hawk, face--a little gaunt, lean, shrewd-looking. To paint a general picture, dashing, and subtly flamboyant.

23. Charlemagne

May 15, 1999
    The problem with this assumes beuty is not fascination...and not the product of relentless work.

Thrawn I think posseses rugged good looks in addition to his genius...but I would assume it's more due to his exotic skin and eye tone plus the fact he's a hands on soldiers who takes good care of himself.

I wouldn't assume him to be a model on his wolrd but I believe unlike most genius's Thrawn maintains himself fairly well.

Same for his daughter I presume-though I imagine Thrawn's wife of love very beutiful though for some reason-maybe it's the artist in me that he would have a model for a daughter or muse

24. Casta

Jun 23, 2000
    Down with the Noghris. We must annhilate every one of them.

25. Casta

Jun 23, 2000
    For days, I have been practicing--raising an eyebrow. Too bad, I always lift both two simultaneously

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.