main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

RE: Thrawn Fans Unite!!!

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Casta, Jul 8, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shihan_Isshinryu

Shihan_Isshinryu Jedi Youngling

Jul 22, 2000
    Thrawn is definitely my favorite EU character as well.......its really not a hard choice.....Thrawn wins hands down.

2. Dark Jedi Tam

Dark Jedi Tam Jedi Padawan star 4

May 12, 2000
    *sniffs in Casta's direction*

Do I smell a Harleqiun book around the corner? ;-)

3. Casta

Casta Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 23, 2000
    Tam, what in Chiss' name do you mean harlequin book?

4. Casta

Jun 23, 2000
    I can't help but to put this bluntly: Are all the rest of Thrawniacs dead or kidnapped?

5. Mitt

Mitt Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 10, 1999
    Sheesh she leave Lit for a few weeks and you see a girl moving in on your man. ;-)

6. Dark Jedi Tam

May 12, 2000
    I think the Noghri caught them all. And I was joking about the Harleqiun book btw.

*coughs* Anyway, you asked a question if Thrawn wears anything but that white uniform. Ummm, I would *think* he would wear other forms of clothing while off duty. But I'm quite certain that his wardrobe consists mainly with row after row of sparkling white Imperial uniforms.

7. Casta

Jun 23, 2000
    I have a hard time of imagining Thrawn in anything else besides his sleek Grand Admiral uniform. I mean anything. Myself just can't stand Thrawn in that stupid Mandalorian armor in "Sidetrip". And white always goes marvelously with blue....*swoons* Off-duty clothing? All Thrawn has to do is to pull the rank bars, the epaulettes, the military belt, etc. off, and the white uniform looks perfectly civilian. And before Thrawn got promoted to GA, wasn't he supposed to wera the ugly olive-green? I mean olive-green would look really ugly on him.

My newest fav Thrawn pose: crossing his legs. Just think about it.

8. Mitt

Mitt Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 10, 1999
    Have you read Mist Enoucter and his Tarzan outfit?

9. Casta

Jun 23, 2000
    Who is THAT girl, Mitt?

10. Mitt

Mitt Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 10, 1999
    Dang too late to it posts! I hate that! Its Mist Encounter, sorry.
    What girl, Casta?

11. Casta

Jun 23, 2000
    I'd better send you a private message, Mitt. And did you sign up for the Kinky group of JS77?

12. Mitt

Mitt Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 10, 1999
    I got you now. The girl I was refering to was you. ;-) No, um kinky and the kind of humor there is not something I'm interested in signing up for.

13. Casta

Jun 23, 2000
    I've found out JS77's group turns out to be no more tha a bunch of "hi"s. But it's up to your choice. All right, so you were referring to ME. Oh, it's not fair, mitt. Tam has been in this with me all long!

14. Dark Jedi Tam

May 12, 2000
    I have yet to read Mist Encounter... where can I find that? Yet I seriously doubt we would catch Thrawn in a lepord skin loin cloth. Whoa... That's something for the imagination! *sits and pictures how odd that would look*

I don't know, I think Thrawn would look equally good in either black or a dark red. And I agree, olive green would totally clash with his skin coloring.

15. Mitt

Mitt Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 10, 1999
    Ok Tam too then :-þ

*Sigh* It wasn't a leopard thing. Newbies, if you haven't gotten the Adventure Journals #7 and #11 yet you may be out of luck.

16. Dark Jedi Tam

May 12, 2000
    Why am I out of luck? Shouldn't the Adventure books be sold in book stores?

17. Mitt

Mitt Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 10, 1999
    They were for role playing so not many book stores carried them. The company that made them. West End Games, is out of business. Some of the stories were put into collections like in the Tales of.....books.

18. Casta

Jun 23, 2000
    Can someone tell me about the plot of Mist Encounter and the Thrawn adventure journals?

19. Shihan_Isshinryu

Shihan_Isshinryu Jedi Youngling

Jul 22, 2000
    I agree with you here Casta......It really bothered me when Mara and Luke flooded the cloning facility in VOF. That does leave little or no chance that Thrawn will ever return. I feel the only way would be if he could have some how faked his own death. In my opinion the clone should have lived.....he did nothing wrong to anybody

20. Mitt

Mitt Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 10, 1999
    Mist Encounter is about Thrawn being found by the Empire and the other AJ, Command Decision is a story about Thrawn's first mission in the Unknowns.

21. Dark Jedi Tam

May 12, 2000
    Mitt, do you have the stories? Maybe you could find a way to e-mail us a copy.

22. Charlemagne

Charlemagne Jedi Padawan star 4

May 15, 1999
    For those who want to be spoiled Mist Encounter talks about how an Exiled Danniel Boone Thrawn dressed in animal skins and living in a cottage constructed from what little supplies the Chiss left him....

More or less defeats an entire Imperial Task force.

As for Thrawn's clone surviving I still personally note two things:

1:) Fetus children have gills

In all likelihood a clone's gills would not close until they are exposed to air and the icky stuff is sloshed off them like it was the Emperor.

2:) Thrawn's race is amphibeous or can hold it's breath really a long time.

Thank you.

-Charlemagne

23. Mitt

Mitt Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 10, 1999
    They are short stories, several pages long. Plus way cute pics of Thrawn. They cost me 12 bucks each, not counting shipping. I'm not sharing, I'm greedy like that.

24. Dark Jedi Tam

May 12, 2000
    Ohhkay well then can you all tell me where I can find them? Barnes and Noble? Borders? Media Play? Gaming stores? Where?

25. Mitt

Mitt Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 10, 1999
    Gaming stores would be your best bet. Not regular book stores. West End Games Star Wars Adventures Journals #7 and #11.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.