main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

RE:Topic: If you dont want to pay 8.50$ for SS.com Ep3 plot, come inside :)

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by MasterSidious, Jan 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MasterSidious

MasterSidious Jedi Youngling

Dec 2, 2002
    i find some of this a tad ironic... so here it goes...

from this boards Terms Of Service:
    User agrees not to post material that is knowingly false and/or defamatory, misleading, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, that otherwise violates any law, or that encourages conduct constituting a criminal offense.
    how many of those posts were defamatory towards the Supershadow Website? Promoting people to view something that has been lifted from a Pay Site is promoting stealing, is it not? That thread went on and on before it was locked by the Mods.

User agrees not to post any material that is protected by copyright, trademark or other proprietary right without the express permission of the owner(s) of said copyright, trademark or other proprietary right.
    Being that the Episode 3 summary was pulled from a pay area from the SuperShadow website, i would say that gives him proprietary right to that information.

Mods might want to think about this and not just automatically lock this thread...

YJ edit: This is the wrong forum. If you think moderators were incorrect in their actions, either PM the moderators in question, or go to Communications.

YJ edit 2: One more thing... coming back under another username while banned doubles your original ban.

2. Papa_C

Papa_C Jedi Youngling

Jan 16, 2003
    Well said.

3. SuperJ

SuperJ Jedi Youngling

Jan 15, 2003
    They only lock a thread when you are speaking out for a site not if you are putting it down or stealing from it.

4. MasterSidious

Dec 2, 2002
    ahhh, i see.....
    the new golden rule... 'do unto others as you don't want them to do unto you'

5. han_solo_321

han_solo_321 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 14, 2002
    [edited]

YJ edit: Don't give away usernames and/or passwords to pay sites.

6. YodaJeff

YodaJeff Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 18, 2001
    User agrees not to post material that is knowingly false

That is where the Supershadow information falls.

User agrees not to post any material that is protected by copyright, trademark or other proprietary right without the express permission of the owner(s) of said copyright, trademark or other proprietary right.

It is not possible for Supershadow to have any sort of trademark, copyright, or any other proprietary right of something that belongs to Lucasfilm.

7. MasterSidious

Dec 2, 2002
    if someone gives you something to use, then that becomes your property, or in otherwords, you have the rights to it....
    once that goes on his site, that is protected, and for the dink posting username and password, that is actionable...

8. MasterSidious

Dec 2, 2002
    thanks yodajeff... we may not agree, but that is appreciated...

9. YodaJeff

Oct 18, 2001
    "if someone gives you something to use, then that becomes your property, or in otherwords, you have the rights to it...."

If I let you borrow my hammer, that means that the hammer is your property? I don't think so.

If Supershadow actually did work for Lucas (which he doesn't), by releasing Episode 3 information, he could easily be fired for leaking information. Since he is making profit off of something that isn't rightfully his, he could easily be taken to court.

10. Papa_C

Papa_C Jedi Youngling

Jan 16, 2003
    Unless you are friends with said person, and they allow you to use the information. So then it is okay to steal the information if it is fan fic? If it is SS fan fic as some people claim, then it is his copyrighted material. If it is from Lucas and Lucas has given him permission to post it, then it is still stealing copyrighted material.

11. YodaJeff

Oct 18, 2001
    If you believe that Supershadow is for real, explain this, this, and this.

12. MasterSidious

Dec 2, 2002
    easily? then why hasn't he, his site has been around for over 2 years....
    and if you give me your hammer, it is my property until you ask for it back...
    wanna find out for sure? come give me your hammer and i will close and lock my door... then you go call the police and ask them to get it back for you... then you will understand... but all that is beside the point, once something goes up on his site, regardless of if we think it comes from GL or not, taking it from his website and posting it somewhere else is stealing...

13. MasterSidious

Dec 2, 2002
    funny thing is those are all from tfn....
    we could debate this all day, but until you can have gl come over to my house and tell me he's fake, or get on tv and say it, there's still a chance that ss is for real... regardless of what others think.

14. wstraka5

wstraka5 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 22, 2002
    and if you give me your hammer, it is my property until you ask for it back...

And that, my friend, is not correct. Since I purchased it, it is MY hammer, legally. If you take it with out asking, that is called stealing. If you keep it AFTER I have asked for it back, that is also called stealing. And yes, you would be arrested for that.

EDIT: By giving the hammer to you to use, I am letting you BORROW my property, not GIVING you ownership of that piece of property. And if you disagree, then I suggest you look at the law. YodaJeff is correct.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.