main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

RE: Week 1, day task 1.

Discussion in 'Archive: Big Brother Strikes Back' started by RidingMyCarousel, May 5, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RidingMyCarousel

RidingMyCarousel Jedi Master star 6

Feb 20, 2002
    Write me up a short essay on why you joined BB, what you hope to accomplish, what you hope to gain, and whatever else comes into your mind. Doesn't have to be too long. Just make it entertaining.
    -- Hehe, okay. I would make another thread, for this, but.. nah. ;)
    Why I Joined Big Brother
    ...or oh My God, What Have I Done!?

Well, it was a fairly sunny day when I saw that cb had posted this thread in the JCC. Well, it isn't everyday that cb posts a thread. And, the title was interesting.. it mentioned "Big Brother". Well, from my personal experience with the last one (which was.. none!), well, okay, moot point. But I was thoroughly interested and hyped before I clicked on the thread. Infact, I remember saying "I want to be in that game because Erik was in it!" Well, okay, not really. It was more for the fact that I wanted to try the game out and I was hoping to get in. And through a lot of boring yib yab, jab jub, yub yub.. here I am! :D

What I hope to accomplish in Big Brother is to build friendships. Of course, I could of said "have fun", but we already are having fun and if you're here, you're supposed to have fun. Duh. ;) I want to become a friend to everyone here and hopefully have a really, really enjoyable time with each other. So far, so good. :D ;)

I hope to gain a few good memories. This game brought a lot of people together last time around and I'm sure that they formed some great memories together. I'm hoping that the same can be done with this group. Infact, I'm positive it can and will be done. :)

As for whatever else comes to mind... 42! But, alas, this isn't the right publication to rant on about hooloovoo and mice..

~ James

2. Jedi Greg Maddux

Jedi Greg Maddux Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 3, 1999
    The biggest reason why I joined BB is because I was snubbed last time. [face_mischief]

Seriously, I joined because I enjoy talking to new JCers, and I thought that this would be a great opportunity. There's a LOT of familiar faces, but that's nice to know because I know I'm not alone. ;)

At least there's plenty of unfamiliar faces (to me) to keep this game interesting. I guess my ultimate goal is to befriend as many people here as possible. That's all I hope to get out of this game, seriously.

3. Leonard_Shelby

Leonard_Shelby Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 31, 2002
    Why did I join Big Brother...Why did I join Big Brother...hmmm...you know, I'd have to say one of the biggest reasons was curiosity, honestly. I've heard of the game but have never watched the show...and I kinda sorta "dropped-in" on occasion when the last game was going to see what it was all about. ;) :)

I never in my wildest imaginations thought that I'd be selected. I simply "applied to apply". :p

But I must say, that other reasons besides curiosity included: The chance to meet other JCers (though I know and know of many of the housemates ;) ), makes new and interesting friends, recruit for the BYS (j/k :p ), be challenged, and above all else...have FUN. This is gonna be one helluva party...and I'm proud and flattered to be a part of it. Thanks! :)

Shelby

4. B'omarr

B'omarr Jedi Master star 6

Apr 7, 2000
    I'm taking the easy way out on this. Here is the essay I sent into cb:

Why do I want to be in Big Brother?

Admittedly, I was 'an intruder' in the first house, and I didn't want to stay once I was there. But in retrospect, I regret not having more time to get to know the people in the house enough. It seemed like they got to show who they really were as people, and, like caterpillers, they seemed to become something....more deep, more meaningful than they were before.

Granted, things may not be the same with the next incarceration of BB, but it's worth a shot. I'd still be all wisecracks and jokes, but I'd definetly be a positive influence, I can tell you that much.

I'm not controversial, I try not to be mean, and I'm good with math. I'm not anti-social in small groups of people, and I'm good at Super Mario Brothers. I also know more about cartoons that any 28 year old should ever know.

There's not much else to say. I hope there are no preconceptions about anyone who may be going into the forum, as I think everyone should begin with a blank slate.

5. NarundiJedi

NarundiJedi Jedi Master star 6

Oct 8, 2001
    Write me up a short essay on why you joined BB, what you hope to accomplish, what you hope to gain, and whatever else comes into your mind. Doesn't have to be too long. Just make it entertaining.

Okie dokie then. . .

It's All About a Good Show

I think I've always loved performing, ever since I put a magenta cape on the family cat and paraded him around the living room like royalty. I've also realized that you can write demented stories and people will laugh. . .at you.

So when I went into JCC that morning and saw that Big Brother was back, I knew that I wouldn't mind being part of it for a few laughs. There would be flirting to do, lots of infighting and drama, and a whole lot of hot-tubbing it in a string bikini. These are the things that I do best. ;)

I also hoped to fill wild_karrde's shoes as Lit forum sweetheart in the game. ;) I think I've still got a way to go. Probably need thick socks. . .

Last, but certainly not least, I wanted to corrupt a whole new bunch of people. I really wanted to EARN that title in my sig. And a reality show was definitely the way to go.

So, how much longer until we get to eat horse intestines? [face_mischief]

Jae Angel

6. JediPrincessKas

JediPrincessKas Jedi Master star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    Well, at first I thought CBS was trying out some kind of new casting technique. Me being a watcher of both the 2nd & 3rd seasons, I jumped at the opportunity to be on television!

Then I realized 2 things: 1) I am very, very shy and don't really want to be on tv, and 2) It was the JC Big Brother game.

After I got over the initial disapointment, I thought that I might as well give it a try. With my friendly personality and non-confrontational-likeness (That's not even close to a real word, but ya know what? I don't care. :p ), I thought I would make a great addition! I prefer to hang out in small groups anywhere, so this is just the place for me! I thought that this will give me the oppotunity for more people to get to know me, and for me to get to know others (Although I already know a few of my housemates. :) ). Plus, it'll give me some time away from the YJCC so I can regain some sort of sanity (well, that was the plan).

:D

JPK

^ And that will be the last time I use my manual sig here in the BB house.

7. RidingMyCarousel

Feb 20, 2002
    No more manual sig? :(

But.. it's you!

Oh, heck. I decided to sign my posts now. Heh, weirdness.

~ James

8. JediPrincessKas

JediPrincessKas Jedi Master star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    Yes, but I figure the manual sig will get old in here after awhile. I'll use it again when I get back out to the regular JC. :D

9. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    Ok, I'll put this in it's own thread to be appropriately narcissistic :)

10. Katya Jade

Katya Jade Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 19, 2002
    Rach, you can leave the Daily Task in here, just post your personal essay in a separate thread. :)

11. COSLeiaOrganaSolo

COSLeiaOrganaSolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 15, 2002
    Aww, crud.

I'm just going to make a thread...

12. Katya Jade

Jan 19, 2002
    I was going to recommend that B'omie have points deducted for copying his original application in here, but since B'omie > everyone, I just can't justify that.

Why I joined BB.

1. It was fun to watch the last BB game and I wanted to be a part of it this time.
    2. I feel that being locked in an e-forum with other people competing for e-points in an e-competition will expand my wealth of knowledge and experience as a human being.
    3. I want my WUL to go up - it's stagnating around 111 and I'm shooting for at least 200.

What you hope to accomplish.

Accomplish? Man, if this game has expectations and things we're actually supposed to accomplish, I'm in trouble. :p

Really, I just want to have a good time and meet some new people - and get to know others better. They know who they are. ;)

What you hope to gain.

I think I already mentioned the increased WUL...so other than that it comes down to friendships again. I've made some great friends here and I think this will be a great chance to do that in a different setting.

Whatever else comes into your mind.

I'd talk about Hugh Jackman and a vat of jello, but I think that's a bit intimate, don't you think?

13. B'omarr

B'omarr Jedi Master star 6

Apr 7, 2000
    I was going to recommend that B'omie have points deducted for copying his original application in here

But it was so well written. No spelling errors, multiple paragraphs, the whole kit-and-kaboodle.

And does anyone else feel dirty when they say the name "Hugh Jackman" [face_laugh]

14. Katya Jade

Jan 19, 2002
    Yeah, but John...no fart jokes. -10 babe.

Would you rather me talk about Shaun Cassidy and a vat of jello?

15. Oakessteve

Oakessteve Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 9, 1999
    I joined the Big Brother Game because....err...I thought it might be fun! And cbjedi asked me too. And once I heard what wonderful people I'd be posting with, I just had to nominate myself! That and I had nothing to do. How's that?

16. Ornen

Ornen Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 22, 2003
    I'm looking to make a name for myself. Right now, the word 'Ornen' means nothing to most JCers, except those who speak Dutch. (the other day (much to my surprise) I learned that Ornen means 'male pig' in Dutch). I want to get to know some people, make it past the first round, but that itself might prove hard to do. I was surprised to make it in, but being the n00b and all, I fear that if my name comes up for voting on, I'll automatically lose because few people here know me. Which is why the first few rounds are crucial - if I can make it that far, the JC will know me well enough.

17. NarundiJedi

NarundiJedi Jedi Master star 6

Oct 8, 2001
    Increased WUL. Interesting. I would say I wanted to reach 100, but I'm not that far away. ;)

200 though :eek: I'll never understand how that happens. Knowing 200 people is an awful lot. :p

Jae Angel

18. Katya Jade

Jan 19, 2002
    Hey, Jess, everyone's gotta have a goal in life. ;)

19. Katya Jade

Jan 19, 2002
    The YJCC's voting? :eek:

*faints*

20. RidingMyCarousel

Feb 20, 2002
    Dear Lord..
    "We're now in the hands of madmen."

:p

~ James