main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

RE: Welcome to The Senate Floor - PLEASE READ (Rules and Regs)

Discussion in 'Archive: The Senate Floor' started by Saint_of_Killers, Jul 22, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Saint_of_Killers

Saint_of_Killers Jedi Youngling star 5

Feb 18, 2001
    Hush TK, logic has no place in the running of an internet message board.

2. TK_Four_Two_One

TK_Four_Two_One Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 17, 2002
    Bitch and bastard are two legitimate words from the dictionary. I think they should be allowed but the discretion should be with the moderator in what context it has been used. Its just common sense.

i.e.

My dog is a bitch.

My bitch is a dog.

Common sense tells us which is wrong.

3. Saint_of_Killers

Saint_of_Killers Jedi Youngling star 5

Feb 18, 2001
    Common sense is no more appropriate here than logic.

4. shinjo_jedi

shinjo_jedi Jedi Master star 5

May 21, 2002
    Wonderful Job Bane :)

5. Lord Bane

Lord Bane Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 26, 1999
    Please check the updated rules. Only one has been added, but it's been a long time coming.
    10. Moderators can lock any thread at any time. Why you may ask? Sometimes, the thread is still on topic, but it needs a break from the debate because things are just getting too hot. This sort of action is necessary to preserve some of the larger threads ("Evolution vs. Creation" comes to mind) that often turn into small warzones as their pages grow into the double digits. We all need breaks from time to time.

6. Jedi-Monkey

Jedi-Monkey Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 4, 2002
    Okay, I'm at a bit of a loss here. Some Mod told me I wasn't supposed to discuss religion and stuff like that in the film forums or the collecting forums, apparently since my views on it differ from his/hers. They suggested going to the Senate so I come here only to find I'm not allowed to talk about the films? How am I supposed to talk about religion as it pertains to the films or the mechandise?

7. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001
    The Senate is the forum to discuss religion in-depth, but this isn't the place to discuss Star Wars (the Community forums are largely free of Star Wars).

What kind of subject did you have in mind?

8. Jedi-Monkey

Dec 4, 2002
    To be honest, I did not have a specific topic in mind, as I had already finished with the one I was discussing in the other forums. I was just wondering if there was a specific area I could go to here that would let me talk about religion and/or other possibly sensitive subjects and how they might pertain to Star Wars and/or Star Wars fans. It wasn't anything urgent, and I hope I didn't sound like I was complaining about the other forums or this one. It was just me wondering where I should try and post it if I do happen to come up with something for this particular topic that might spark some interesting debate. Thank you.

9. KnightWriter

Nov 6, 2001
    The only forum where religion and Star Wars can be somewhat combined is Star Wars Miscellaneous. But, without an example, I can't say for sure.

10. Jedi-Monkey

Dec 4, 2002
    Okay KnightWriter. I appreciate and thank you for trying your best to answer my question, and if I do happen to think of a thread that involves those two topics that I would like to discuss, I will ask about it to see where it would be appropriate. Should I ask you, or any moderator, or is there someone specific I should address it to? Being new here, I don't know. Thank you.

11. KnightWriter

Nov 6, 2001
    The person to ask for Miscellaneous would be DarthAttorney, and myself or Red-Seven for the Senate :).

12. Jedi-Monkey

Dec 4, 2002
    Okay. Again, thank you for your help, it is appreciated. :)

13. toochilled

toochilled Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 17, 2000
    Could a mod please go through and mark threads specific to the USD as such please.
    I get annoyed at the assumtion in threads that the whole board is US centric.

14. StarFire

StarFire Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 31, 2001
    Could we also mark threads by language? It's annoying when people who start threads just assumes you speak English because most of the people on the board do. It takes valuable seconds of my time every day.

15. StarFire

Oct 31, 2001
  16. TreeCave

TreeCave Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 28, 2001
    Wow, weird stuff on the boards. Dunno how I got into this thread. EDIT - all gone now!

17. The_Sith_Prophet

The_Sith_Prophet Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 22, 2003
    Alright, if "hell" is not allowed, I demand the post "Heaven and Hell- Do they exist" locked.

You said we could not use those words even in proper context, well, that's proper context, so lock it!

18. StarFire

Oct 31, 2001
    So close and yet so far, TSP. I'm afraid your attempt to raise hell (oop!) has failed hardly before it began ... I've just re-read this entire thread, and nowhere is 'hell' banned.

19. Tolkien101

Tolkien101 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 7, 2003
    I am not sure I would call sex,"Taboo." Today 5th graders know more than we did in the 9th grade.

20. Singularity

Singularity Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 21, 2002
    Can someone explain to me how this thread is inappropriate since Kimball seems unable or unwilling to do so?

Memetics Thread

21. Singularity

Singularity Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 21, 2002
    Doesn't appear anyone can figure out why the thread is inappropriate. That doesn't surprise me though.

22. Kimball_Kinnison

Kimball_Kinnison Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 28, 2001
    I already answered you on that matter via PM. Let it drop.

Also, because this is a sticky thread, it can take people several days to even notice that there is a new post on this thread.

Kimball Kinnison

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.