Beyond Reach Me [missing scene between NJO and DNT]

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Overboard4aFel, Sep 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. Overboard4aFel Jedi Grand Master

star 2
    Digging through my old computer as I change over to my laptop, I came across this old viggie written from inspiration from The Fray's Vienna. Awesome song, and I rather liked how this viggie turned out. The songs quoted at the bottom.

Reach Me
    Based off The Fray?s Vienna

A soft wind played across the open field carrying the sound of the ocean, the crashing waves, the local avians, slowly to their ears. The sun was setting behind them, giving them the perfect backdrop: the sky a multitude of colors, soft clouds peeled away to display the sun in all it?s glory, mimicking the colors on their surfaces.

?I really do have to go.? The wind picked up a tangle of brown across her face.

?I know.?

A wordless sigh escaped her lips. ?I can?t do this.?

?Can?t do what??

?This.?

A look of confusion slipped across his face, followed by worry. ?I don?t understand.?

?I know.? Her fingers shot up, pulling a few loose strands behind an ear, frustration obvious in her gesture.

?Then, what? What are you trying to tell me??

?Love, I--? Another sigh, her head shaking. ?I have to go.?

As she turned to leave, his hand grabbed her arm. ?Wait- explain it to me. Don?t leave me in the dark, wondering what?s going on. Wondering if I?m ever going to see you again.?

She still didn?t turn. ?Oh love, that?s-?

Her voice caught in her throat. When she started again, there was a sense of determination laced underneath it.

?That?s what I need to do.?

More confusion marred his face. ?Do? Do what??

This time she did turn, and he let her turn to face him full on. ?I?m sorry. I?m so sorry. I can?t keep doing this.-? She put up a hand to stop his objection, ?It?s not the travel, not the distance, not the time. It?s my mind. Ever since the war, I?ve been antsy. I can?t seem to settle down, or feel comfortable. My mind?s a rush, and all I feel is distant. Distant from you, my family, everyone. And as much as my heart is screaming at me right now, I have to go. Not just now, but for good. ?

His hand fell from her arm, and he took a shocked half-step back. ?But- after all this- after the last few days--? The look changed from shock to sudden anger. ?You just promised me that you loved me. And now, this?! ? He hissed through clenched teeth.

?Did you mean that, or was that just a game to you??

?I meant every word, and I still do. I think I always will. Please understand, this isn?t to hurt you, but to stop me from hurting you any worse than I already have.? She dropped her head in defeat, brown hair broken loose, ?I know, that probably made absolutely no sense whatsoever...?

?About right.?

?Please, I don?t know how else to describe this to you. I?m sorry. You?re just going to have to trust me...? She paused waiting. When no response came, she looked back up at him. ?Love,-?

He took the time to memorize her again. The wind tickled her hair making it dance. Her cheeks reflected the light of the sunset behind her. The smell of the ocean that seemed to follow her everywhere she went. This was the end. He wouldn?t - no, he couldn?t, believe that. ?Will I be able to find you?? he whispered, already dreading the answer.

?I?m sorry. There?s really no way to reach me.?

Silence reigned as king for a moment.

?I love you. Don?t forget that.? With that she turned and walked away. Day lost the battle with night, and he stood alone, trying to piece together what happened. He knew she had already taken off to her next destination, and yet that didn?t faze him. The thing that set him on his heels was something his heart had known for a while. She had already been gone. When his mind finally stopped reeling, and his heart stopped pounding, he suddenly realized where he was and his neatly structured life came tumbling down. And then, as he sunk to his knees, Jagged Fel began to cry.

The day?s last one-way
    ticket train pulls in
    We smile for the casual
    closure capturing
    There goes the downpour
    Here goes my fare thee well

There?s really no way to reach me
    There?s real
  2. mrjop2 Force Ghost

star 4
    It was very well done. Good job!
  3. lady_aurora Jedi Padawan

So sad. Poor Jag. :_|

Great story. Loved it!!!
  4. Overboard4aFel Jedi Grand Master

star 2
    mrjop2: Thanks. :)

lady_aurora: I always wanted to see what had happened, and the real reasoning as to why... And youre right, poor Jag... and after what they just did with Allies... grrr... :mad: And thanks! Glad you enjoyed it! :)
  5. Kailene Jedi Knight

star 3
    Oohh, my poor Jag! He needs a big [:D] !:p Nicely done.

You're right - Allies :mad: :mad: , TBtB better redeam themselves by the end of this book arc. [face_frustrated]
  6. Nyota's Heart Combos & Paragraphs Host

Game Host
    star 6
    Hi:

A very beautiful missing scene -- I really have a fondness for those.

And songfics. :D

It's not you at all -- it's the whole Jaina leaving jag thing that's just ... illogical in the extreme -- or less tactfully -- boneheaded moron stupid.

:p

Like -- duh!!! Hold onto the love of your life, your other half, after all that you've lost?! Dashed straight you hold on, and prize every second, every breath's moment you share together.

Fangirl rant over.

LOL

[:D]

7. FelsGoddess Game Host

Game Host
    star 5
    I read this the other day. I thought I commented. Oops. :oops:

Great missing scene. :) You captured the emotions well.
  8. Master_Jaina1011 Force Ghost

star 4
    Such a beautiful piece.

You captured jag's emotions so well. I definitely felt for Jag!!

[face_love]
  9. Overboard4aFel Jedi Grand Master

star 2
    Kailene: Yes he does! Come here, Jag! I'll [:D] [:D] as much as you want! ;) and thank you!

Jade_eyes: Hi. :D
    Thank you! I agree about the missing scenes, it gives the opportunity to fill in the gaps with the imagination...
    And dang straight, those pro-fic writers really got to get the hint-- Leave the J/J alone! Gah!
    And don't worry about the fangirl rant- I'm apt to do that myself... ;)

FelsGoddess: Haha! No worries! Glad you stopped by again, and commented! Thanks! :D

Master_Jaina1011: Oh! Thank you! I agree about Jag- see my comment above... ;)

Thanks again for all your sweet comments! [face_love]
  10. Irish_Jedi_Jade Force Ghost

star 4
    Very, Very nicely done!! I'm not much for Jaina's tangled love life usually, but that was lovely, in a totally heartbreaking way!

Huggles,
    [face_good_luck] Irish
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.