main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Reaching Out for Some Help

Discussion in 'Buffalo, NY' started by Otto_den_Ktulu, Mar 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Otto_den_Ktulu

Otto_den_Ktulu North Ridge Event Coordinator star 5

Jan 19, 2002
    Hey folks,

With filming literally around the corner, I have one final task to complete for Kanan. Paint.

Of course, with the lovely weather we're having, I cant exactly spray paint outside. I have the armor half primed, having done so in the basement, but the fumes lingered in the house for hours. I don't have a garage to retreat to, to do any more painting in.

So I'm reaching out to you, my North Ridge family, for a space to paint in. Would someone be able to help me out? I can even come during the day tomorrow, Friday, or Saturday.

Thank you!!

2. 72Princess1

72Princess1 President - NR star 4

Feb 27, 2015
    I'm sorry to say I do not have a good painting space for spray paint.

Have you considered using acrylic paint and brushing on? Craft acrylic paint does not have the strong fumes spray paint does, and could be an alternative.

3. Otto_den_Ktulu

Jan 19, 2002
    That thought had crossed my mind. But I wasn't entirely sure how good it would look. It would certainly look better than half primed, that's for sure. Lol.

4. TFS

TFS Jedi Knight star 3

Jul 5, 2015
    My "spray booth" is my side yard, so I can't offer that as an alternative. There may be another idea... I've never tried this myself, but I'm wondering if thinned acrylic paint sprayed from a regular spray bottle (old Windex bottle, etc) might do the trick?

5. Otto_den_Ktulu

Jan 19, 2002
    Will the acrylic paint adhere to the EVA foam, or will it just bubble and crack once it dries and the material flexes? Should I go down the oil based paint route, instead?

6. BPStoyle

BPStoyle Social Media Admin star 4

Jan 5, 2010
    If you're just applying the paint directly to the foam, expect it to absorb into the foam more than desired. You'd want to seal it first with something like wood glue or Plastidip. You can get by with regular glue (perhaps a touch watered down), though you'll want to put on a number of layers.

Paint would probably crack off with a lot of extreme movement eventually, but it would at least get you through filming this weekend.

Otto_den_Ktulu likes this.
  7. 72Princess1

72Princess1 President - NR star 4

Feb 27, 2015
    I'm not sure how acrylic will adhere to foam. I've only used it on worbla and leather. I used it for my leather mando pouches however and it worked great. I did water it down a bit and apply several layers.

Otto_den_Ktulu likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.