main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Reaching Through Darkness OCs with Luke and Leia, Action, Drama

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by JediKaren, May 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediKaren

JediKaren Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 26, 2007
    Title: Reaching Through Darkness
    Author(s): JediKaren
    Timeframe: about the time when Jaina and Jacen were in the academy
    Characters: Master Mirmo, his 21 year old apprentice Karen, Luke Skywalker, Leia, Nea and a few others
    Genre: action, drama, horror, hurt and comfort
    Summary:Karen, a twenty one year women from a far outer rim planet, came to the Jedi Academy to train as a Jedi and to move past her fearful and abusive past. Through a lot of rough times and the help of her much loved Master, Mirmo, she faces her fears and becomes the Jedi she always wanted to be. At the end of a fate deciding meeting with the Jedi council, her master requests and receives permission to take her on her first mission to Coruscant.

The trip starts out slow paced, boring as any meditation session could be, until they set foot on the immensely busy ship landing station The ever going up building, the unbelievable diverse masses, and the rush of the fast life is quite a different setting of the quiet and alive Yavin four. Karen is introduced to an old friend of Mirmo who's character is questionable, but proves to be interesting, like the idea of planet wide city that never sleeps.

As Mirmo brings Karen to see the low and high of life of the planet, they discover someone, or someones is following them for unknown reasons. When Mirmo makes the mistake of taking his eyes off his apprentice for just a second, she disappears to face the worse of nightmares....
    Notes: GL owns Luke, planets, Jedi stuff, the Force, various terms and so on. I get to own the story, hehe.

Ch1
    Karen
    Adventure: It wasn't something a Jedi craved, daydreamed, or furiously worked to make happen. Yet, here I was, on a ship in hyperspace, sailing through space and time to a planet that was full of adventure and I loved and craved it. I loved the excitement, the unknown events waiting to happen, the real danger, and the speed of a trip. I was a veteran traveler who knew that adventure was not all thrills and included late or missed meals, sickness, lack of sleep, and the dull moments that were in all trips. I knew all there was to know about travel, like travel days.

Travel days were guaranteed to bore anyone to sleep and make them wish they were back home doing something useful and vaguely exciting with their life rather than doing the tedious job of sitting in a cramped seat in a cramped ship, next to an equally cramped, unentertaining Jedi Master named Mirmo. I had to admit that at least I did not have to sit the whole time or sleep in that chair like I might have done back on my home planet which was rather backwards and unknown to the rest of the galaxy. The small ship contained a compartment of one bed in the back, a tiny galley of one burner with one pot to cook, a tiny sink to clean everything, including myself and my master, and a tiny cupboard to store protein bars which I quickly grew to hate.

Travel days were also a logical must in order to have an adventure. There was no possible way to get from point A to point B without the weariness of travel unless one knew the secrets of teleportation and I was mentally working out the physics of that. I forced my addicted-to-depression mind to look for something positive about where I was and what I was doing. There was one nice point about travel. It gave me plenty of time to reflect on my past life on my home planet compared to my life now and how I had changed, and more importantly the relationship between me and the man sitting next to me.

Master Mirmo was my one true and beloved master who took me as his apprentice, six months after my first scary meeting with the council. It was funny to say, but I was starting to believe that Mirmo loved me as his apprentice. I think he saw me as the daughter he never had and never will. I wanted to say deep in his heart he loved me the way I had grown up to believe is right and true; somehow I couldn't see this feeling in him. He might have been sitting half an arm's length away, but it felt like he

2. JediKaren

JediKaren Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 26, 2007
    Chp 2
    Mirmo

Many people have told me that meditation is a waste of time, a tedious experience that puts them to sleep, but that is because they perform it incorrectly, like my apprentice. If done correctly with careful, constant practice, another thing my apprentice refuses to do, one can achieve universal oneness with the Force. Most people yawn at this point and change the topic to something more interesting like the weather, or the newest fashion trend for Hutts. I do not get discouraged by this. I know I am not everyone and I am glad of that. I have always been told how wonderful it must be to always be calm when placed in a testing situation, which my apprentice frequently places me into, such as now.

Do not get the impression that I do not care, deeply care that is, for Karen. She truly was an amazing student when she wanted to be, and clever and the fastest learner when she fancied, probably one of the strongest people that I have ever known, ranking close to Master Skywalker, but she does severely push my limits from time to time. I love her like a father loves a daughter, and I feverishly hope I have treated her far better than her father did. The memories she shared with me only days ago had caused me unpleasant dreams, and I can not understand how she manages to hold back her screams at night. She claimed during the council meeting that she no longer had nightmares, but from the experiences that I had been suffering from, I had to wonder if that was not said for saving face.

I had hope this voyage would provide both of us an opportunity to get to know each other and resolve the uncertainty and strained feeling between us. There was also the hope that this trip would teach her things that a classroom could not, but she was focusing on the less positive aspects of travel and was making the worst of it. I had hoped during the time spent traveling, we could talk, but so far we have only said the bare minimum. As the master, one would assume it was my responsibility to initiate the conversation. Because Karen was the one that left me with no note or idea of where she was or why she left, or if she needed me, I felt it was up to her to start the conversation. She seemed to radiate a feeling of very tense confusion and she was withdrawn, perhaps hurt by the lack of communication between us.

This is why I was sitting in front of the blinking green and red console, eyes closed, mind empty, being one with the galaxy, searching for the a deeper truth of life and Force. I had nearly reached the desired state of mind for the meditation when I noticed something in the small room. Mentally, I pulled out of this state and called upon the Force to search for the cause of the interruption with my eyes still closed. The life energy that gave all Jedi their endless power hinted to me it was my restless apprentice squirming again in her seat. My plan to spend the trip peacefully meditating the time away had a few holes. I held a sigh and opened my eyes. One amazing talent she had was being able to ignore my glaze for a full five minutes. When she stopped pretending that she had not noticed me, I asked her if something was wrong.

?Oh. Um no, nothing is wrong.?

I nodded at her startled voice and went back to my meditation. I breathed slowly, feeling blessed peace clear my mind and soul. My conscious left the ship, extending to the fringes of the galactic arms, through space, coldness, and the warmth of trillions of lives. I was with the stars, gases, light, and rock that made up the universe. I was with the almighty Force. I was one with the universe for about ten minutes before I sensed some movement very close to me. I let out another sigh of frustration. It looked like my apprentice was not going to let me meditate. This was going to be longest trip I had ever taken.

I opened my eyes and stared hard at Karen. She became responsive of my attention placed on her soon enough and blushed. I took a deep breath, held it, and released the anger I felt towards her, out of my system. With a calm, controlled vo

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.