Reactions & Discussion: Fantastic Four

Discussion in 'Arkansas' started by RedHanded_Jill, Jul 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RedHanded_Jill Jedi Master

star 4
    man that movie was AWESOME!!!!!
    i laughed, i cried.... dont wanat to give too much away for those who havent seen it.

btw, since i didnt get a "who's your daddy" poster, at least i got a ff poster and a tattoo!
  2. Jedi_Master_Vader Jedi Master

star 3
    hey RedHanded_Jill, wish I knew your real name that way I could refer to you as that. Next time we have a get-together Ill give you a "Whos your daddy" poster, I have 2 and only need one. Thought about selling it on ebay but they arent selling for alot.
  3. Die_Jedi_Dogs Force Ghost

star 3
    I think I'm too much of a nerd. I really really didnt like fantastic 4. Although I will give Chiklis mad props for pulling a perfect "The Thing"
  4. otisdodge Jedi Master

star 4
    I thought it was a good, fun movie, but it wasn't Spiderman or Batman Begins caliber--not even as good as X-men.
    I probably won't spend any more money on it--Oh, wait--I haven't spent any money on it yet!--LOL--Sorry, Bacon--I'll watch it again if someone else buys or rents the DVD.
  5. hyperspace_police FanForce CR Arkansas US

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    You're welcome. One of these days you guys are going to have to take me to a movie.[face_batting]
    Ha Ha Ha!!!
    Later guys[face_laugh]
  6. RedHanded_Jill Jedi Master

star 4
    you all are right it wasnt a movie that delved into emotional issues. but i will watch julian mcmahon anytime. my fav part was when reed was asleep at the keyboard and his face stuck. i laughed out loud.

my name is lisa.
  7. Elan-Rai RSA Emeritus

star 4
    Saw this at the Rave last night. I was really impressed how this movie came off. My last memory of the F4 was when I was younger, and it seemed like there was a made-for-TV movie (maybe it did hit the silver screen and I don't remember it) that I watched. Blew that older one away. Nice set of actors and great storyline. It took it a little while to get the action going, but that is how it goes when you introduce the origins of super heroes. I would figure if and when they make a sequel that there will be 2-3 times more action sequences.

Storyline: Pretty good. Most of it was "look at this power!" and "how do I turn this power on/off?!" It worked. Dr. Doom was incredible. It was nice to see his human side and how he reacts to his newfound bankruptcy, and how it leads him to greed and eventually evil. Mr. Fantastic and Invisible Girl's relationship seemed a little strange at times, but it didn't get in the way too much.

Acting & Characters: What can I say? I thought they picked the actors well. They fit into their characters nicely.

Action: Suberb job! The Human Torch was magnificent! He was everything I imagined he would be. Mr. Fantastic, the Thing, Invisible Girl... it was great seeing how their powers worked in desperate situations.

Rai Rating: A-
  8. _Darth_Malice Jedi Padawan

Yep Yep the movie was great. I say the best part (hands down) of the movie was with Jessica Alba/Sue Storm getting undressed on the bridge. That was just awsome. To bad she's having a hissy fit about the movie industry is portraying her as sex symbol.
  9. otisdodge Jedi Master

star 4
    Why was it so awesome?

It does seem kind of silly when these actresses act embarrassed about sexuality after what they do in the movies/shows they're in.

It's not as if most of Jessica Alba's popularity doesn't come from her wearing tight and/or revealing clothing in most of her jobs. I know that is why I started watching Dark Angel years ago. [face_blush]
  10. _Darth_Malice Jedi Padawan

That's why it's awsome. You have one of the most beautiful women in the acting career complaning about how all the roles she gets are sexually based. Yet she never turns them down. This movie nearly put all of the aspects in one and gave it to her(tight skimpy clothes, undressing, but no nudity (hence being Invisible Woman) so they could keep it to Marvel's pg/pg-13 rating).

Personally the entire movie was great even with the minor character rewrites. It's just that part just stuck out at me more then anything else.
  11. RedHanded_Jill Jedi Master

star 4
    it was awesome because i felt like alba. i am always telling the kids to stop, or danny to do this or something. i wish i could become invisible sometimes. i cant even take a poop without company.
  12. Jaira Jedi Master

star 4
    Yeah, who knew having kids would not only strip away energy but also every shred of privacy you ever thought you had? I loved the movie. I try not to take these movies very seriously, because they'll never live up to the comics. I look at it as something completely different and new.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.