main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mary Reactions to Attack of the Clones

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by BobaFett420, May 16, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BobaFett420

BobaFett420 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 12, 2001
    I just got back from the digital show in Annapolis....

I'm speechless.

I cannot believe how good digital looks. Episode I looks like a fan film now. I don't care if I ever seen another film on celluloid again.

This one had everything I wanted...and more. Without spoiling it for those who haven't seen it, STAR WARS IS BACK!

Great to see everyone from the boards who was there. Truly a fun time...thanks for sharing such a great experience!

2. ObiWonkeynobi

ObiWonkeynobi Jedi Youngling

May 14, 2002
    Good God Almighty. I just got back from the Annapolis showing and, straight to the point, if you aren't seeing this in Digital, you are NOT really seeing this movie at all. Do anything and EVERYTHING you can to find a digital theatre, get out there and GO SEE THIS MORE THAN AMAZING MOVIE.

Great showing by the Fan Force this evening (the flyers were a nice touch.. I heard a couple non-mems talking about it, wanting to check it out, etc). Kudos to everyone!!

And as far as the movie itself goes, Clones kicked the hell outta Phantom, and I think this one is going to give Empire a run for it's money. Acting was great. Fan reactions were great. Mace was pimpin' and Yoda was incomparable to anything I've seen.

There is NO way I'm sleeping tonight! :) Hope everyone enjoyed the "Annapolis Experience".

-Wonkey

3. BigBroadcastah

BigBroadcastah Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 24, 2002
    I was also at the annapolis showing. I have to say that digital is amazing. ive never seen anything like it. As far as the movie goes, it makes me not like phantom menace all that much, and the original trilogy is gonna be alot more fun to watch now. I dont see how anyone could say that they dont like this movie, even critics.

4. Mogook

Mogook Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2001
    I was at the Annapolis show too! I'm also the "Kamino cloner" of the flyers. :)

It hasn't soaked in yet. I'll have the appropriate response tomorrow. [face_laugh] I think I'm in awe right now.

5. Takwolf

Takwolf Jedi Master star 2

May 9, 2002
    I just got back from the 12:01 @ The Senator
    AHHHHH!
    The sound rocked
    The crowd rock
    and then there was Yoda...
    :)
    As for Phantom I think this film makes me like it more.
    Without EP I alot of EP II would not have made sence. Jar Jars power, Anakin's love for his mom, and Padme all was put in place by EP I. The only thing I think turned People away was Jar Jar and the death of Darth Maul. And Jar Jar haters get payback in this one.
    In all I rank this one with Empire in the Top 2 Star wars movies.
    and then there was Yoda....

Takwolf

6. ObiWonkeynobi

ObiWonkeynobi Jedi Youngling

May 14, 2002
    Big: I couldn't agree more. The critics have obviously not been reviewing the same movie as we were watching tonight. Maybe they're still watching SpiderMan? :)

Mogook: Very cool. Like I said, nice touch. BTW, it was nice to actually get to meet some of you tonight. Sorry if I didn't get around to everyone (I was the guy with the cam trying to grab snapshots before we all went in). I'm not sure how many pics of Fan Force folks I got, but I did what I could. There aren't too many. Just tried getting some folks in line, playing SW Trivial Pursuit, etc. Hopefully everyone will be able to identify themselves. :)

7. Ca-Bal_Sirrah

Ca-Bal_Sirrah Jedi Youngling

May 1, 2002
    Just back from Senator and can only say
    DDDDAAAAAAMMMMMMMNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    And I'm tired and going to see again at Senator at 4:30 pm. Unfortunately, I may not be able to make Annapolis until next Wednesday.My throat hurts from all the yelling

8. mdmel5

mdmel5 Jedi Youngling

May 24, 1999
    I saw it at the Muvico and the preshow was hilarious. Ten people or so were up in the front of the theater fighting with their lightsabers. It was great! They ended up expanding the movie to 4 theaters due to the demand for tickets instead of the original plan of playing in 1 theater.

The second half of the movie is fantastic. Yoda is awesome. Can't wait to see it again.

9. Bria-Tharen

Bria-Tharen Jedi Youngling

May 12, 2002
    OMG...That's about all I can really think to say, that's appropriate. I was BLOWN away, utterly. I laughed, I cried *Just from seeing the damn Lucas Arts" logo, let alone the rest of the movie!), I screamed, I cheered, cackled madly, swooned....Everything that you could ever ask for in a movie & MORE.

The Spidey movie let out at the same time & man, did my family & I cackle in their faces. What were (or weren't) they thinking?! Let's see...SW? or Spidey? Uhhhhhh....No brainer, needless to say, they'll all be crying tomorrow because they missed out.

I'm SO there Saturday, I hope to see many of you, as well...This wasn't a movie at all, it was an "Experience"...Get out there, live it (yes, that means 'go forth in costume, proudly, you will!') & LOVE it, repeatedly...Let's knock Spidey out of his web.

10. sithspawn35

sithspawn35 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 22, 2001
    Ok, here it goes........It was a great movie, not Fabulous, but Great! I still like IV & V better. I do agree with what the critics said about it begining real slow. But man, when it took off, IT TOOK OFF! The Effect were flawless, and despite the critics, I thought the preformances were great! I heard a guy behind me comment about Hayden bad acting. But I thought he was great. I remember back when I was 19, I was even more awkward with girls, and said some corney crap myself. So, YES, it was believeable. And as far as the Anakin and Shmi scene........WOW!!! I'm gonna let the rest soak in overnight. If I can even sleep!

11. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    Awesome! I haven't seen it yet. I'll be going this afternoon.

12. Sapno Krei

Sapno Krei Jedi Grand Master star 3

Feb 23, 1999
    Aargh!! So jealous of you guys...

I went to the premiere at the Senator last night just to videotape the festivities and to hang out with my friends who were in line (I got some funny looks from security guys b/c I had a camera). People started filing in around 11:15, and I was home by 11:30.

I won't be watching the movie until tonight at 11:00...Can't wait!

13. Darth_Hidious

Darth_Hidious Jedi Youngling

May 16, 2002
    Got some rest and am now clarvoyent and off my prior Star Wars high of last night to actually review this beautiful piece of work.

About 1400 other fans and I saw it at the Muvico Egyptian 24. Energy was high and they management played about 40 minutes worth of trailers, played trivia, and had impersonation and costume contests to keep us entertained. Thanks Muvico for a great experience.

What the heck are these critics talking about? Are they on the same planet? Lucas pointed out that his movies have never been well received. Who cares? This movie made Episode I better by far. Put a lot of things out there that explained the purpose of them being there before. I thought acting was great, humor was great, special effects were amazing. Hell, I normally can't stand C3P0 and I even liked him. Everything was great. Anakin's growth towards darkness was in full effect and very well portrayed. Next stop, Annapolis for the digital screening this weekend after I see it again today at Muvico.

14. MuttandSolo

MuttandSolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 1, 2002
    Anyone who has seen it both digitally and celluloid, notice any additional scenes? Rumor has it that the digital version has extra scenes that the film doesn't.

15. DRK_HLMT

DRK_HLMT Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 7, 2001
    I saw the movie as well at Annapolis in digital and all I can say is WoW!! I do believe that I should have seen it in the regular film version to really appreciate the digital aspect because I was so hooked into the movie that I totally forgot about how crystal clear the picture was!

The movie was very good for me as well. I suppose it would have been more so had I not been so darn spoiled for this one. I will not be tempted by the Dark Side for EPIII though and will try my best to stay totally away from the spoilers this time. But nonetheless, the movie was spectacular with the visual effects and I liked the way they showed the battle sequences by the camera panning and zooming in on the ships and the clonetroopers during the battle. Hayden's acting, to me, was just as good if not more so better than Mark Hamill's so I don't see why some people think he was bad in this movie. Like Sithspawn said, teenagers say and do awkward things when their hormones get the best of them.

Thanks to Sithspawn35 for the Luminara figure and to Mogook for getting those flyers out to the people. I think our group might be expanding threefold in the coming weeks and thanks to all the rest of you who made the wait in line bearable!

16. DarthSapient

Jun 26, 2001
    Alright, I am now officially in total excitement mode. I have my ticket in my hand for the 7 pm showing tonight at the Regal in Bel Air. If anyone wants to meet there, that's where I'll be for my very first showing. I, too, am jealous of you guys. And although I've been spoiled as well, the movie and spoilers are two entirely different experiences in my mind. I'm ready!

17. saerah

saerah Jedi Grand Master star 7

May 13, 1999
    I'm going to see it alone this afternoon at a regular ol' theater [I will see it in Digital in Orlando next month when I go down to FL. to see my sis] and I'm so excited. I hate going alone, but I don't think I can wait until my schedule matches someone else's. The theater here isn't too bad, has Dolby Digital DTS or something, no clue. I'm just happy to finally be able to see it.

18. DarthSapient

Jun 26, 2001
    If it makes you feel any better, I'm going by myself, too.

19. saerah

May 13, 1999
    That makes me feel a little better :(
    It just sucks because I had to see TPM alone on opening day too back in 1999.

20. jade-sabre

jade-sabre Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 18, 2000
    Hello all,

I have to say that I couldn't not believe how AWESOME the looked in digital. Go to Annapolis and check it out. You will not be disappointed!!!

I loved the movie. The only thing I would have like to have seen was some of the Star-destroyer looking republic ships shooting down the trade federation ships in a space battle above the final battle.

Thanks to Boba, Sithspawn, Drk_helmet, and as the rest for a good time in line. This movie delivered and I can't wait to see it again!!!!

21. saerah

May 13, 1999
    I can't believe I will have two choices to see AOTC in digital in Florida, one just 15 minutes from my sister's house in West Melbourne, and then the theater at Pleasure Island in Orlando. Yeesh. It will be interesting to see the difference.

22. orangerful

orangerful Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 29, 2002
    As I said to my buddy Paul after the movie:
    "This is great! I can be a star wars fan again"
    - I mean, after episode I, is you said you liked star wars that's all people would say "ep I jarjar blah blah" like the other 3 didn't exist. Well this movie will shut them up good! Oh I luv luv luved it!!

Great crowd at the Senator, 900 fab fans!! Best way to see that movie.

Oh, and the guy in the Baltimore Sun LOVED it!!! 3 and 1/2 stars. Read his review. (never read the Washington Post reviewer, Stephen Hunter has problems and he does not judge a movie by it's merits but on whether or not he has personal problems with the actors/directors...but I digress)

Oh what a movie. :) I can't wait to see it Digital!!! Definatley will be traveling to the Annapolis theater sooooooon.

I don't want to spoil anything so I'm just gonna stop talking now......more after everyone has seen it. hehe.

Toodle pip
    Sam

23. Ca-Bal_Sirrah

Ca-Bal_Sirrah Jedi Youngling

May 1, 2002
    It may be off the subject a little, But if GL sticks to the cyclical background of the trilogies we should be seeing a large space battle. This will probably occur, if at all, along side the duel between Obi-wan and Anakin. Just a thought. Gotta get readty to go to Senator again.

24. Ara-Gorn_Sirrah

Ara-Gorn_Sirrah Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 30, 2002
    Well, I've finally gotten some sleep after a beautifully exhausting night at the Senator...

This movie was stupendous!
    A visual feast and a near overload! Sooo much to take in all at once. I'm taking my family back to see it today at 4:30! :D

My only [very minor] 'negative' feedback is that I think they tried a little too hard to make 3PO funny. Too many rapid-fire puns, IMHO. Otherwise, I agree, this episode sinks Phantom. Great story & FX!!!

The crowd was GREAT too! Very happy to meet Master Yaddle (and see her brother, Tim again) and orangerful! Sorry we missed you Takwolf. Ca-Bal and I roamed the line a couple of times, but didn't spot your Taco Bell cap. :(
    We had some people in costume: 2 jedi, stormtrooper, Darth Vader, tusken raider and a pint-sized Darth Maul ("I call him... Mini-Maul." was the joke circulating). All of the costumes were outstanding.
    Some fans took part in some "soft-saber" dueling under the marquee! The champion of each match took 'all-comers', it was a riot! :)

I should have the pix from last night on my site before I leave to pick my kids up from school. They're so excited they're probably being a menace in class today. ;)

25. Jawa78

Jawa78 Jedi Youngling

Mar 13, 2002
    The critics can kiss my ass! I'm hoping that they don't spoil this for anyone and turn them away from the movie because Episode 2 was amazing!

I saw the midnight showing in Hagerstown, where they showed it in 4 theaters there and people were on the edge of their seat waiting for the moment to come...12:01am (well they startefd it a little later for some reason)but the trailers got very good responses (especially the matrix trailer)but as soon as the 20th century fox logo hit everyone was quiet and then...BOOOOOOOOM STAR WARS WAS BACK!

I've read many reviews where critics have put down the opening 20 minutes of just dialouge but I thought it worked well and re-introduced the charchters very well and seemed like a sequel from the very get go. The chase scene in the beginging with Zam is amazing but sadly alot of the major battle scenes have been shown way to much on t.v. and perosnally i would've liked to have been a little more surprised than i was but oh well...they still rocked!

The biggest shocker of the movie was YODA...HE LOOKED REAL! I was worried that he'd look as fake as Jar-Jar did in Menace but he didn't at all (speaking of good ol Jar-Jar, he IS in it for about 5-10 minutes and plays a very big role in the story and you'll see why he's needed around)But Yoda looked great and if your crowd was dead when he was fighting I'M TRULY SORRY! Who couldn't have gotten into or loved that!?

This film did shock me with the ammount of dialouge and spread out action scenes but overrall they work well for the story George is trying to tell and this is the story that sets up the 3rd much like how Empire set up Jedi!

Also...was it just me or did the scene in the arena where all the creatures come out seem a little too cheesy? I also thought Dexter was kinda cheesy too but he wasn't around much at all!

The romance story I thought was one of the best parts of the film. Both Hayden and Natalie's acting is nothing like the critics are saying and I thought they both did a great job (the very end of the film leaves alot to ponder over the next 3 years)

Also be on the look out for a bunch of surprises in the film and try to pick up on some references to Ep.4 that 3po uses that's quite humerous (oh yeah...3po is great in this film)

BOTTOM LINE-EPISODE 2 KICKS ASS!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.