main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mary Reactions to Attack of the Clones

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by BobaFett420, May 16, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mogook

Mogook Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2001
    If you'd like to write a review for the movie, I'll put it on the website. Also, provide the name you'd like to be credited with and what email address you'd like to have linked with it.

2. Sapno Krei

Sapno Krei Jedi Grand Master star 3

Feb 23, 1999
    Quick question: was there a Matrix 2/3 trailer attached at the theater where you saw it?

3. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
  4. Karthio_Five

Karthio_Five Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 9, 2001
    Mogook, should we just post our review here?

-Karth

5. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    Um....yeah, that should work. Just be sure to provide the name you want credited, and if you want, an email address to be linked with it.

Also, to to make it easier: If anyone's going to provide a review here, be sure to state if you want it on the site or not.

6. Master_Skywalker77

Master_Skywalker77 Jedi Youngling

May 9, 2002
    I also was at the Digital showing in Annapolis at 12:01, and all I can say is "Awesome". I agree with everyone else, you have to see this movie in a Digital theater! It reminds me of when I saw a DVD for the first time and how much cleaner and clearer it was over VHS. Anybody near Annapolis needs to go see it in Theater 11 pronto. I myself with be back there on Saturday, at 12:30pm, to experience this movie again digitally with my friends who couldn't make it last night. By the way, it was nice to finally meet BobaFett 420 before the show. Hopefully I can meet everybody else soon.

7. saerah

saerah Jedi Grand Master star 7

May 13, 1999
    The last part of the movie made it worthwhile as the first part dragged. I have to see this in a digital theater as Ebert was right: some of the effects were blurry. I thought the scene when Hayden tells Padme about how he slaughtered the Sandpeople was one of the best parts...I wish George would have cut back a little on the effects and given the actors to do more of what made that particular scene work. Sometimes i felt so overwhelmed by the effects, I forgot to care about the characters.

8. chewboxer

chewboxer Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 22, 2002
    I've seen both versions of the film. I caught the altered scene. I'd rather not post it for risk of spoiling for someone. PM me for the info.

The movie ROCKS! I've nitpicked the movie apart for little criticisms here and there but all in all the movie is mindblowing. The second time around is a lot easier to take in.

9. Jawa78

Jawa78 Jedi Youngling

Mar 13, 2002
    THIS MAY CONTAIN SPOLIERS SO IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN IT YET DON'T READ!!!!

i agree with you on the sand people scene and i agree that george should've cut back on the visuls but most of the visulas were shown in the previews on t.v. and the trailers anyways (it of course looked alot cooler in a theater). I also wished lucas would've told a little more about shimi's husband and how 3-po got finished (of course there were rumors for the past 3 years that shimi finished him while being a slave)and why the lars' bought her from watto (i also thought shimi's time in the film shoud've been more longer but it was a powerful scene no matter how short it was). what i also thought lucas should've done was show anakin actually slaughter the women and children sandpeople (of course we saw him take out a few but maybe seeing him killing off woman and children would've been more powerful and made him look even more evil and gave us a sign of things to come) those damn sandpeople sure like to pick on people from the lars homested don't they?

and also...what is it with skywalkers loosing body parts in lightsaber battles!? sadly him losing his arm was ruined by the back of the hanger duel figure and some little kid actually told his mom in wal-mart his arm came off and that gave it away (that and sam jackson giving away who he kills on E! the other night sucked but both i didn't really think about and didn't believe-i didn;t know the real truth of the arm until i looked at the back of the card last night)

10. BobaFett420

BobaFett420 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 12, 2001
    Ok...just got back from my first celluloid viewing at Hoyt's Bowie Crossing 14, and I will NOT be seeing it again as such (except for maybe this weekend at West Nursery).

During the Obi-Wan/Jango fight, the film just stopped. That's right. Stopped. Dead. Lights on. Angry people who were seeing it for the first time. And then when it came back on, the sound was at the level that only a bat could hear. It didn't come back to a proper level until right before Anakin and Padme go to Geonosis. So for the second time in a row, I have yet to hear the sonic bombs at a proper level.

The crowd enjoyed seeing all your favorite parts, but they were still sore about what happened. I would have been too, had I not been at Annapolis last night.

A word of advice to anyone trying to see the digital showings: buy your tickets early. The word is out now, and shows are selling out FAST. I would suggest at least a day in advance.

MTFBWYA

11. Jawa78

Jawa78 Jedi Youngling

Mar 13, 2002
    btw...did anyone spot Anthony "C-3PO" Daniels and Ahmed"Jar-Jar"Best in the nightclub scene right when Obi-Wan uses his lightsaber!? I wonder how many things can be spotted in this one like in menace with the E.T.'s and the Wookies!?

12. saerah

saerah Jedi Grand Master star 7

May 13, 1999
    Yep I spotted Anthony Daniels and Ahmed Best right away. I also spotted the Millenium Falcon..I forget which scene it was, but I think it was Padme + Anakin coming in to Naboo? It was all the way on the left of the screen.

'Course it could have been any ol' YT-1300. ;)

13. Takwolf

Takwolf Jedi Master star 2

May 9, 2002
    Ara-Gorn_Sirrah
    Sorry I missed you in line at the Senator but you did see me.
    Look at the pic of orangerful
    01-orangerful.jpg on your site then over her right sholder you will see me smiling in my Star Wars Taco Bell Hat. :)

Also I have to agree with you on the "this guy is a jerk" photo I was there a witnessed him giving up the pens.

Hope to meet up at the Crown Viewing

Takwolf
    And then theres Yoda....

14. Sapno Krei

Feb 23, 1999
    WOW!

Just came back from the 11:00PM show at the Senator.

That was the wildest, most jaw-dropping STAR WARS film of them all!

You could definitely tell that Lucas was aiming to placate the masses this time. And boy, did he succeed. The Coruscant chase is sure to be a favorite scene to fast forward to when the movie comes out on video. Some scenes, like the arena fight and ensuing battle go on a little too long (not unlike the Death Star attack in ANH), but that just means there'll be more to take in with subsequent viewings.

Yes, AOTC has a seemingly paper-thin plot, but the future echoes of evil are what really carry the film.

My rating: 8.5 out of 10

I expect I'll be seeing this movie a dozen times this summer...

15. kasjedi

kasjedi Jedi Youngling star 1

May 3, 2002
    Okay - You HAVE to see this movie on digital! I saw digital at midnight and on film a few hours later. This movie is 50% BETTER viewed in DLP. Drive for hours, plan in advance, just do it. I wondered if I was watching a different movie.

I definitely have mixed reactions to Hayden's performance... sometimes great, sometimes just awful. Now, Ewan, he pulled off an AWESOME Obi Wan.

kasjedi

16. Sapno Krei

Feb 23, 1999
    MINOR SPOILERS!! (but why are you reading a reaction thread anyway?!?)

The big thing which struck me was the totally dysfunctional nature of Anakin and Padme's relationship. It really isn't a love story. It's an obsession story. The critics have been unfairly maligning the quick way they get together. But that's the point. Their relationship isn't really based on love -- Anakin practically forces Padme to notice him. Padme claims she's died a little everyday ever since Anakin came back into her life. However, I think this is more of a nostalgia thing, or perhaps even a physical thing, and she uses it as an escape from her turmoil-filled political life. Their dynamic is different from Han and Leia's. Anakin and Padme are doomed from the start.

Notice how sad the occassion at the end feels? You want to yell at the pair: "No!!! Stop it!!!"

17. Ara-Gorn_Sirrah

Ara-Gorn_Sirrah Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 30, 2002
    [Takwolf]!? :eek:
    Auughhh!! :_|
    I can't believe I missed that!
    For some reason I had this memory of the Taco Bell caps being khaki colored...

My sincere apologies.
    I'll have to amend the caption for that pic.

18. DRK_HLMT

DRK_HLMT Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 7, 2001
    Well, all I can say is I can't wait for the DVD!!! I can't wait to pop that puppy in my DVD player and crank up my surround sound and sit back and watch the pictures fall off my wall as those seismic charges go off in the Jango/Obi-Wan chase scene! Then run as my wife shoots Sith lightening from her EYES at me for breaking all of her picture frames! :D

19. BobaFett420

BobaFett420 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 12, 2001
    I have another update on the Crown showings. If you plan to see it at Crown, I can't stress enough the need to get there very early. At 11:45 AM this morning, 15 minutes after the box office opened, there was a line stretching to the outside door. It remained that long the entire time I was there. Also, bring cash. Do not rely on the credit card machines, as today was the second time I've seen Crown's machines "go out." Personally, I think they stop taking cards to move the line faster, but that's just my humble opinion. I managed to get my tickets for the 10:10 digital show tonight, tomorrow, and Sunday night with no problem. Yeah...digital is THAT good.

On the other side, it was GREAT to see so many people coming to see this wonderful film. Hopefully we can knock that stupid spider back where he belongs...as an extra on the set of Unbreakable. :D

20. MuttandSolo

MuttandSolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 1, 2002
    An extra on Arachniphobia!

21. MasterYaddle

MasterYaddle Jedi Youngling

Apr 29, 2002
    Well guys, I just wanted to get my $0.02 in...THIS MOVIE ROCKED! (As if you all hadn't said that already! :) ) My brother and I saw it 3 times yesterday, including the midnight at the Senator. :D That was, by far, the best one. The whole crowd was into the movie. People were laughing (getting all the inside jokes), cheering and crying at some points. By the end, when Yoda saved the day, I was literally on the edge of my seat screaming into the ear of the poor guy in front of me (sorry, dude!).

My favorite scene (besides Yoda and the arena) would have to be Anakin going after the Tuskin Raiders. Hayden did an excellent job throughout the whole movie, but his facial expressions here were unbelievable. Then seeing Yoda sensing this and Qui-Gon's voice was amazing. It's finally really believable that this nice kid will become one of the most evil people ever. WOW!

Well, I'm off. We're seeing it tonight at the digital theater in Northern VA. We'll probably be back at it tomorrow, maybe in Annapolis. Everytime I see it, I see new things--lots of subtle references. :D I've said it before---GL is a genius!

22. Jawa78

Jawa78 Jedi Youngling

Mar 13, 2002
    Well just returned from seeing ep.2 again. I saw it in Frederick tonight and boy was i dissapointed with the sound quality there! I've seen many movies there but i never noticed how bad that theater sucked compaired to the one in Hagerstown, which I saw the midnight showing at. I personally don't plan on returning to the one in Frederick until they decide to TURN ALL THE SPEAKERS ON! The only sound was coming from the front speakers near the screen and at times the audience was ALOT louder than the movie and don't even get me started on people chewing on food and opening food! Bottom Line....if you wanna see a movie go to one with digital sound and or one with stadium seating to see a movie because they are a million times better!

Now i heard something this time around (surprising I heard something like this)that I haven't read in anyones posts yet! Master Yaddle talked about Qui Gon's voice but right after it...YOU CAN HEAR VADER BREATHING!!!! A friend of mine pointed this out before I went and was unsure himself if he heard what he did but yes he did hear Vader's breathing and this time I went in waiting for that moment! The movie seemed alot shorter this time around (maybe that's because I knew what would happen) and the crowd was dead throughout the movie until Yoda's saber battle with Dooku and then they cheered and they did as well when the film was over! None of them picked up on the little throback lines and a few laughs came out for the whole 3po arena scenes. Sadly unlike Menace the last show didn't sell out until 1 hour before as where the entire 1st weekend sold out in Frederick for Menace by late Thursday (so far NONE of the weekend shows are sold out)I am very curious to see the weekend box office numbers to see how ep.2 did (btw...there were quite a few people there to see Spider-Man)Will it beat Spidey? Alot of people say it doesn't matter but to me it kinda does and it shows the lack of attetion Star Wars is getting now if it doesn't top Spidey, which I have a small feeling that it will even though Spider-Man sold out every show quickly the first weekend here in Frederick and it played in a total of 3 theaters here and Ep.2 is having trouble selling out a Firday night!

23. Jawa78

Jawa78 Jedi Youngling

Mar 13, 2002
    both times i saw it the matrix trailer played before!

at the midnight at a r/c theater showing they also played goldmember, 007: die another day, and minority report (which looks pretty good)

and last night at hoyts they also played goldmember, lilo and stitch, like mike, and minority report (it was kinda odd for them to go right into star wars from this trailer because most of the time hoyts runs adds for food and no smoking and to shut the hell up ads but they didn't run any)

24. Bria-Tharen

Bria-Tharen Jedi Youngling

May 12, 2002
    There were 3 YT's on Naboo. & yeah, we caught the additional stuff in Digital...I'm so spoiled now, don't think i can ever watch it on Cell again...Wow..I mean, everything just jumped off the screen at you, including Ani's nice lips :) Hehe

25. Darth_Rapier

Darth_Rapier Jedi Youngling

May 25, 2002
    I saw AOTC for the 3rd time this weekend. I saw it twice at Muvico on opening day and once just this Saturday digitally in Annapolis. WOW. Not just for SW but even for the trailers everything looked so brilliant and vivid. I was fairly dissapointed with the Annapolis theater other than the digital. Senator or Muvico is so much better for caliber of theater.

I'm still loving the movie and really trying to pay attention to Yoda and Mace's reactions to the whole clone thing. That's a whole other thread but "very curious the relationships are." I guess we'll know for sure in 3 years.

Secondly, I wanted to agree with the Anakin-Padme relationship and the above post. It's not love, it's lust. I remember 19 years old and I'm sure many others here either remember are still are. Hormones are raging and this guys a Jedi so who knows what goes on in his body. Any critic that doesn't understand their relationship is just too old to remember. If you put a horny 19 year old and a woman reaching her prime at 24 on a island in a romantic setting, something will happen. If he hadn't had his dream, Luke and Leia might have been made the next day or so.

Anyway, I LOVE this movie and can not even begin to fathom the excitement I will have for EP3. It'll be so dark!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.