main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC [Reactions] U.S. Presidential Election Day 2012

Discussion in 'Community' started by GrandAdmiralJello , Nov 4, 2012.

1. Condition2SQ

Condition2SQ Jedi Master star 4

Sep 5, 2012
    So, how long until Israel strikes?

2. Rogue_Ten

Rogue_Ten Chosen One star 7

Aug 18, 2002
    oh, thanks for reminding me about israel. there's another territory itchin' for statehood

3. Condition2SQ

Condition2SQ Jedi Master star 4

Sep 5, 2012
    Yeah, totally. It's not as if the entire point of Israel is for the Jewish community to have their own sovereign state.

Oh, wait.

Anyway, the current top trending article on FOXNews.com "Five ways the mainstream media tipped the scales in favor of Obama"

4. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    So I go back on Twitter and see Michael Steele trending, I click and there's all sorts of references to him and saying spanking.[face_hypnotized]

5. Rogue_Ten

Aug 18, 2002
    none of that makes any sense. here's a better in depth analysis:

B-ROCK THE ISLAMIC SHOCK SUPER-ALLAH HUSSEIN OBAMA LAYS THE SMACKDOWN ON MITT THE STORMON MORMON ROMNEY AND HOLDS ONTO THE TITLE FOR ONE MORE SEASON

[​IMG]

meanwhiel that colley map ive been harping on has held true UNLESS florida goes to OBAM in which case the poor man's reputation will be ruined RUINED and nate silver will stand supreme from now until the end of time. i fear we face a thousand years of Nate, gentlemen

Moved to JCC. :)

6. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    Claire McCaskil legitimitely shut down Todd Akin.

7. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
  8. Rogue_Ten

Aug 18, 2002
    why would you move that out of the senate. its got maps and numbers and names of pollsters and ****? does the humorous bit poison the whole post? is the senate literally just defined as "NO FUN ZONE" now?

9. Rogue_Ten

Aug 18, 2002
    pretty sure akin shut himself down. anyone remotely competant probablyw ould have beat claire. she was ripe for the plucking and the GOP ****** it up. the republicans are bvecomeing the new democrats wrt snatching defeat from the jaws of victory

10. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    Well now GOP allies are trying to rev up to scare everybody about the 'fiscal cliff' by reverting to the old "China is going to own the US when it goes bankrupt" in the future ad they played during the 2010 elections. Just saw one on YouTube.:rolleyes:

11. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Well, the right result in the end.

Here's hoping Obama can do more this term, fight harder for the little guy and the minorities. And hopefully his government will be a little more supportive of him.

Some fine voting America, peace [face_flag]

12. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    "Hit him again."

13. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    The "Puerto Rico thing" is irrelevant. For one thing, many suggest that it was a political maneuver by our incumbent governor to secure votes for himself by tying a plebiscite right on top of a general election, something that by all rights was ill advised by nearly everyone unless, of course, it was designed to boost the vote for himself and his party. Unfortunately, it seems it wasn't enough and he may lose (even by a small margin of 10k-15k voters) against his rival.

Secondly, that plebiscite does not have any goodstanding from either the White House or -- more importantly -- the largely Republican Congress that historically does not support statehood for Puerto Rico. And the local opposition have repeatedly stated that the plebiscite is also invalid since the current colon - I mean, "Commonwealth" status was not represented in that plebiscite. So again, it all looks fairly irrelevant for the local statehooders as well as Congress.

14. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    This night was better for the Democrats than I expected.

No more Mitt Romney.
    No more Allen West.
    No more Joe Walsh.

Republicans ONLY picked up Nebraska for a Senate seat... Democrats gain 3 seats... so net 2 for Democrats (including King).

Republicans ONLY picked up Indiana and North Carolina in the Electoral College.

Gay Marriage won... EVERYWHERE.

Marijuana was completely legalized in 2 states.

Now it's time to deal with the fiscal cliff (Bush tax cuts, Debt Ceiling, Unemployment Benefits, Funding the Government, the cuts from the old Debt Ceiling agreement, etc.)

Immigration Reform is also very, very likely now.

"ObamaCare" is here to stay, as are the rest of Obama's policy changes.

SUPREME COURT... need I say more?

(And I think 2014 will see the end of Michele Bachmann, Rick Perry, Mitch McConnell, Eric Cantor, and Paul Ryan)

On foreign affairs, Turkey and the UK just said they're going into Syria.

Violent Violet Menace likes this.
  15. Violent Violet Menace

Violent Violet Menace Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 11, 2004
    As an Iranian by descent, I don't think it's a surprise to any of you that I supported Obama in this. I think a war would have been certain under Romney. A war is still a possibility, mind you, but at least it's just that - a possibility.

But to all of you who voted Democrat, congratulations on your victory and four more years. [face_flag]

And from us in the rest of the world, congratulations on continuing to be a sane country. :p

16. Vaderize03

Vaderize03 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 25, 1999
    So, what aspect of the GOP will begin to implode first?

Does the Tea Party double-down, or moderate?

And when the hell are they going to call Florida? Also, margins really surprise me here, especially in Michigan and the closeness of Pennsylvania. Same with Ohio.

Peace,

V-03

17. Kiki-Gonn

Kiki-Gonn Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 26, 2001
    Well this made my morning... FB post from a wounded Republican I know on Facebook

"Today is am thankful for 2016"

18. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    While I voted third party, Obama at least interests me more. The part of my personality that enjoys experimenting cannot wait to see what 16 straight years of fiscally incompetent presidency does to the economy. While I certainly agree with Obama more than Romney, Obama's outlook of where money comes from and how to manage it is comparable to that of the average 7 year old child.

19. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    Kiki-Gonn likes this.
  20. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003

America...RIP
    1776-2012

[face_dancing]

21. Likewater

Likewater Jedi Master star 4

Dec 31, 2009
    A circle of life relationship between producers and consuers?

Obama has been pretty buisness friendly, besideds calling them out when they screw the pooch he has had a pretty light hand. Like President Bush 41 and Clinton.

22. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    Comparing Obama to Clinton regarding the economy is laughable. See? I laugh at you comparison: [face_laugh]

23. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    Though I'm very pleased to see Obama win, I still remain utterly annoyed by the Electoral College (in 2016, they really should just hold the vote for President in the swing states), and had hope for a situation like 2000 that may have moved the needle on E.C. reform. Oh well. Very happy to see gay marriage pass in Maine & Maryland, the legalization of weed in Colorado & Washington, and Wisconsin electing the first openly gay person (Tammy Baldwin) to the U.S. Senate. Not happy though waking up today to see prop. 30 here in California is on its way to pass... the money that they say will go to education will be mismanged.

24. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    In other news, Akin lost Missouri so decisively that the election was conceded before votes were tallied in St. Louis! He lost Springfield, which is our version of the Bible Belt.

25. Blue_Jedi33

Blue_Jedi33 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 12, 2003