Reactions

Discussion in 'Phoenix, AZ' started by spacyway, May 16, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mirax H TFN Costumes Staff

VIP
    star 3
    OMG!!!! That just totally rocked and was so much better since I got to see it with all of you!!!!! Yoda is the MAN!
  2. Darth_Trigue Jedi Knight

star 1
    Oh good! I'm not the only one who had dreams about it last night. ~grins~

Heck...I didn't get enough sleep 'cause I woke up at 8 this morning and couldn't get it out of my head! I can't wait to go again! Yippee!
  3. AZJedi Jedi Padawan

First thought coming out of the theater.

OH MY GOD!

AOTC rocked in SO many ways! Yoda, Dooku, Jango, Obi-Wan, Mace, Anakin.... Oh, and who can forget about Padme? [face_love]

Must... see... again. :D
  4. VoidDancer Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Let's take a poll here. Was anybody able to form complete sentences coming out of that theater ? Or just phrases, snippets, and exclamations ?

I wasn't able to. Though my "OMG's" were interspersed with "where's the bathroom ???"
  5. Mirax H TFN Costumes Staff

VIP
    star 3
    I tried to sleep, I was so tired when I fell in bed at 3 am. Then my mind started to wander, and review the movie, and replay scenes, and think about plot lines. I kept telling myself I needed to get to sleep cause I got a 3 hour drive when I wake up! I planned to try and sleep till 11 but got out of bed at 8am cause I just couldn't sleep much! But, I made it home without dozing, thank goodness! One of my friends that came down said that was the best movie experience she has ever had!
  6. 1337H4XZOR Jedi Padawan

Wow....that movie was friggin great!

btw this is JAy and my first post here thaks to all at the line who talked me into joining!

Thanks Most to Dave and Joel

-JAy
  7. Anwelei Jedi Knight

star 3
    It actually gets better the second time around. :D
  8. aero- Jedi Knight

star 2
    ahah...when i came out of the theater i was just like...ah, and um..er...yeah...uh... and then i got outside the theater and saw lordparsec and he goes 'i don't really know what to say but i just want to HUG YOU!' pretty much summed it up for me. it's kind of saddening in a way to see it all just OVER, as quickly as it had started.
  9. Subjugator Jedi Youngling

star 3
  10. KenobisGirl Jedi Master

star 4
    OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THAT WAS SO FREAKIN' AWESOME!!!!!!!!! TAKE THAT, LOSER CRITICS!!!!!!! OH MAN, THAT WAS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO COOL!!!!!!!

Sorry, tad bit excited right now! Just got back! WHEN CAN I SEE IT AGAIN??????!!!!!!! I started crying and hugging my best friend when the words "Star Wars" appeared. Oh, that was just too cool!
  11. DarthFeldman Jedi Master

star 4
    Hey, i just wanted to say..WOW!! Is there anything else you need to say?.. I just got back from my day long marathon and it only got better each time.. And as for the line up.. I have never had so much fun doing nothing for 2 weeks in my life! Thanks guys and I hope we get together soon!
    COREY FELDMAN ROCKS!!!
  12. aero- Jedi Knight

star 2
    OMG ITS HIM! ALL HAIL DARTH FELDMAN!
    corey, i wrote about you in the 'what will everyone be wearing' thread...
  13. spacyway Jedi Knight

star 1
    It's so addicting. I try to tell myself I don't need to see it over and over again but I have already seen it more than once and I do need to see it again. So addicting. It's like a drug.
  14. Sistine Jedi Master

star 4
    I am with Void; my first thought was..."RESTROOM". I had gone to the doctor that day and his recommendation was fluids and lots of rest. I looked at him and laughed.

I loved the movie however due to some really good over the counter medications I don?t remember all that much. In addition to that, the lots of fluids' I had to get up and go to the bathroom during one of the scenes. Oh well guess I have to go and see it again this weekend. Oh twist my arm.

It was awesome though, the theatre here in San Diego put it up on 5 screens and let us all in starting at 11pm since it was beginning to drizzle a bit.

I am rambling; I love the fact that I am a part of this. I mean our great-grandchildren will read about Star Wars in their history books. It is something that defines our society and I am excited that I was able to be part of that. Brings a tear to my eye...

"Grandma, did you really stand in line for three hours with a cold next to the smelly dumpsters?"
    "Yes I did little one, why back in my day...."
  15. Diesel_Dave Jedi Master

star 4
    Corey what's up dude! I want to say thanks to you and all of your PFF friends for one of the best times of my life. (wait.. I atually have one!?!) I am getting all kinds of flak from co-workers for staying in line. One guy was proud of the fact he only had to wait 2 hours. So I was having the sleepover of a lifetime while they where stressing at work... Just who needs to be shunned!...lol

OMFG! I was choked by Vader. How cool was that! Oh wait... that's actually kinda sick and wrong... But it was soooo COOOOOLLLLL!!!!!! :D
  16. Master_Duron Jedi Master

star 4
    Hayden did an awesome job. I could feel his turmoil.
  17. jupitertronic Jedi Knight

star 3
    agghhh!!!! what else can be said? yoda....omfg.

it was great meeting everyone. i can't believe how many friends i made that last day, let alone the whole time in line. i never thought i could be on good terms with so many people. :)

i saw it again yesterday morning and it's even better the second time, guys. :D
  18. Master_Ronin Jedi Knight

star 2
    Hey everybody, it's me, the freak at the front of the line!
    Best...episode...ever.
    Damn, I was lucky I could form complete sentences when I walked out, cause there was the dude from channel 3, right in my face (same guy that showed up at 3 am that one morning. If it had been anyone else, I would have kept on walking).

In-frickin-credible. And the best part was seeing it with everyone else (including Alice Cooper :) ). Nothing can beat that atmosphere. I had a girl at work tell me how she only waited two hours at Arrowhead and was 10th in line. I told her that's not the point. It's the people and the atmosphere. She was like, "Well, we had big fans with costumes and every thing." That doesn't matter. It just doesn't. AZ Mills was the hot spot, the place to be.
  19. Rikaelus_Alexander Jedi Padawan

Bleh... it seems I'm the only person who wasn't all that impressed with it the first showing. The second was much better though, probably because I had a chance to prepare for the embarrassing scenes. I just wonder how long it will be until the general euphoria wears off. Episode 1 seemed to be an absolutely awesome movie the first days after it was released as well.

I'm not saying this one was bad -- far from it. But it seemed to me that the special effects really took attention away from the story, and the story is the most important aspect of the pre-trilogy, IMO.

*ducks down and hides under his desk*
  20. KenobisGirl Jedi Master

star 4
    Ok. I think I can form complete sentences now... At first, I didn't like the love scenes, but the more I thought about through the night, the more I loved it! I can't wait tp see it again! If this movie is any implication, Eppy III will totally blow us away!
  21. MexChewie Jedi Master

star 4
    *Heads over to Rikelus, and motions to get up*

No need to hide. We are among friends. I too LOVED it (in best Cosmo Kramer imitation!) Not everyone will ike it. In fact, you maybe right, but probably in the opposite. While people liked TPM, most only pointed to two scenes in their first showing and immediately said they hated JJ. After subsequent viewings that opinion continued downward. This one, I believe, the more we see it, the more we will love it.
    IMHO.
  22. Rikaelus_Alexander Jedi Padawan

Well.. I hope you're right.

I just can't help but compare TMP and AotC to ANH, ESB, and RotJ. In 4-6, there wasn't anything near the emphasis in special effects as there are now; or if there was, the simplicity didn't make it stand out as it does now. The only thing I think was lacking in the special effects area of the first three movies was the space battle in ANH, the one RotJ made up for that, and perhaps the random aliens. It must just be the mannerisms of CG that make the new aliens seem more fake to me than puppets. I guess I see it as although you can do it, that doesn't mean you have to do it. Ah well... I guess I just can't find the same quality of story telling that the first movies offered. It seems to be covered by layers and layers of the kind of special effects movies like "Independence Day" used just to make an easy buck.
  23. aero- Jedi Knight

star 2
    i had no qualms with TPM. everyone hates jar jar, but you must remember that jar jar is an integral part of the plot. if it wasn't for JJ, the naboo and the gungans would have probably never gotten together etc, etc...

plus jar jar starts the domino effect that is the empire...hehe....

TPM was (what my roommate calls) a 'springboard'. it's all character development, not a really huge part of the whole picture. i feel the more you watch clones, the more TPM will make sense.
  24. jupitertronic Jedi Knight

star 3
    Rikaelus_Alexander, i have to completely agree. i was very unhappy with most of the movie the first time through (save for the end, from mace's arrival to the credits), but i saw it again and it's MUCH better the second time. when i thought about it i remembered i didn't like phantom menace too much the first time but upon repeated viewings i loved it.

it could be worse. believe me, it could. tune out threepio, make yourself believe most of the dialogue is just a paraphrased version of what's really being said, and you'll adore the movie. :)
  25. Idiots Array Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Yeah, a couple of the Artoo/Threepio lines felt...forced. Like they were trying too hard to recapture the old chemistry.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.