main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Phx Reactions

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by spacyway, May 16, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anwelei

Anwelei Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 26, 2001
    The third time seeing it, the love story is creeping me out more and more and more. I think i'm gonna have to pop in ESB just to see some real, sane love developing. I feel soo bad for Padme and Anakin.

And i actually liked the "Shut me down line," maybe I just like cheese, who knows?!

2. Idiots Array

Idiots Array Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 3, 2000
    "love story is creeping me out more and more and more"

I got the impression it was written that way on purpose. Notice how when Anakin is expressing his feelings to Padme he focuses on the negative aspects: that he can't breathe (when she's away), etc. instead of telling her how good it feels to be near her. As I understand it, the latter is the standard procedure for being in love.

3. Diesel_Dave

Diesel_Dave Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2002
    As I understand it, the latter is the standard procedure for being in love.

You nailed that one! ;)

4. Anwelei

Aug 26, 2001
    I swear I knew that IA. I was just upping my post count. :)

And I was expressing my genuine freaked outness regarding the "love story." I"m truly disturbed by it.

A girl should be sprinting in the opposite direction if a guy is focusing on the negative aspects of his feelings for her. He's obviously a bit disturbed. She was even extremely uncomfortable during that fireplace scene. Oh yeah, then he viciously slaughters a whole village of people. And yet Padmé doesn't drop him. Sad.

5. Idiots Array

Jan 3, 2000
    That and the whole "Don't look at me that way...it makes me feel uncomfortable."

lol...Here, let me show you the standard procedure for upping your post count. I've spent years perfecting my technique, so don't worry if you don't catch on immediately.

Here goes...

+1!

;)

6. Anwelei

Aug 26, 2001
    So that's what that means!!!

Whoa! Learn something new everyday! :D

7. Idiots Array

Jan 3, 2000
    "Post count...heh! Stars...heh! A Jedi craves not these things!" -- Big Bad Yoda Daddy

8. kreleia

kreleia Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 14, 2000
    I loved it, and still do. :) I'm such a sucker for a good yarn with a love story thrown into it (corny, though it is). The thing I'm laughing at now, though, is the part where Padmé falls from the speeder onto the sanddunes, is knocked completely unconscious. Okay, that's not funny. What IS funny is the next time they show her - she's waking up, moaning and groaning (understandable), then jumps up and basically says "I'm fine! Let's go!" Wow. That kind of rapid healing ability rivals Wolverine. [face_laugh]

I also want to burst into song ("The hills are alive with the Sound of Music!") whenever the picnic scene comes up and she's running around. I think I did (quietly) the first time, too.

^.^

9. R2SB

R2SB Jedi Youngling

May 2, 2002
    Scene: Idyllic meadow. Padme running through lush greenery. Cut to Anakin running towards her. The meet, clasp hands and begin to sing.

I was really afraid this was going to happen.

10. VoidDancer

VoidDancer Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 13, 2002
    Keep in mind, with Anakin's mood swings he could have easily begun singing "Kill Da Wabbit" as anything else

11. MexChewie

MexChewie Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 19, 2002
    I also hearing "The Hills are alive with the sound of music!" But the voice was not Julie Andrews but Chevy Chase as Clark W. Griswold in European Vaction.

BTW, too funny on "kill da wabbit" [face_laugh]

12. harpm1

harpm1 Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 19, 2002
    Hmmm. So in the real world would Anakin be prone to be an obessive stalker and serial killer? Probably not but maybe he would deal with things better if Obi-Wan wasn't chewing him out all the time and making him feel like he was a nerf herder! Ha!

Maybe that's what Yoda ment about some of the older Jedi being "arrogant." I doubt Qui-Gon would be biting his head off as much and making him feel foolish in front of people.

For Example: "You will learn you place.." as everyone looks around the room uncomfortably.

I'ld start getting a little ticked too. But then I'm also not training to be a Jedi.

13. DarthFeldman

DarthFeldman Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2002
    Hey, we cant help it if Obi feels inadequate as a Jedi to Anakin. He may be jealous about Ani gettin the lovely Padme also..

Pathetic insecure Obi wan!

14. harpm1

harpm1 Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 19, 2002
  15. Anwelei

Aug 26, 2001
    Hey! Watch your mouth, Feldman, or you'll find yourself floating home!! :mad:

;) Sorry, I just get rather defensive about Obi Wan, lol. :)

Anyway, I was wondering whether or not Anakin's smart @$$ ways are a result of Palpy's "mentoring" and Obi Wan's smart @$$ mouth came as a result, or did Obi Wan single handedly cause that? I think Obi Wan's attitude is a result of Palpy's influence on Anakin, but that's just me.

And by the way, my euphoria is NOT wearing off. The creepy love story is awesome, imho. Cheesy, yes, but still cool.

EDIT: Ooh! I forgot! +1

16. Diesel_Dave

Diesel_Dave Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2002
    That would be "The hills are alive with the sound of Griswald... This sh** been around for a while...

LMAO when I actually heard the the words to that song!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.