main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Oregon READ - Fan Force chapter in Portland!!!

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by WinduWasher, May 2, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WinduWasher

WinduWasher Jedi Youngling

May 2, 2002
    Okay... So I've been reading the boards off and on for the past couple months, and I'm tired of just talking about it... So, I'm actually gonna take the initiative and get a Fan Force chapter going in the Portland/Salem/Vancouver area.

All those interested please reply here and/or email to fanforcepdx@attbi.com

2. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    I'm interested. What do we need to do?

3. mr.binks

mr.binks Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 1, 1999
    I'm slightly interested. But my schedule is packed. I probably can't show up that often.

4. CountBakufu

CountBakufu Jedi Master star 2

Oct 10, 2001
    What needs to happen? Let's make it happen, maybe a good start would be meeting up for the AOTC Premier?

5. Tiershon_Fett

Tiershon_Fett Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    I just moved here. I was in the Seattle SW Society. They did a lot of stuff. I'd be interested. We had laser tag, screenings of fan films, and pizza days, stuff like that.

6. Elan-Rai

Elan-Rai RSA Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 11, 2001
    Alright! Portland is ready to rock, eh? Okay, I will give you the short and simple. For the more rounded version, check out fanforce.net and read the FAQ on the far left column.

First, you guys and gals need to have 3 meetings. Those meetings can consist of anything from going to the movies together to eating dinner to, of course, lazer tag. Here's the catch. In each of those meetings, at least 3 members need to be in attendance. Anything less and it doesn't count as an official meeting. ;)

During your 3rd meeting, everyone present will vote and elect a City Rep to represent Portland in FanForce. Hope that helps. Let me know if you have any further questions. :D

7. Jaya_Jedi

Jaya_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 13, 2001
    Dang!!
    I really want to be involved in this, but since I live about 5 hours away and can't drive yet, I guess I'll have to wait :p
    But will all the meeting times be posted in here? On occaision I am in Portland, so it would be cool to stop by if there's something happening....

8. loganslay

loganslay Jedi Youngling

May 2, 2002
    I think we'd have to meet in a place that is accessable to alot of people since everything is so spaced apart... honestly I don't mind driving far... but it would be better to not have to commute just to go to a meeting...

9. WinduWasher

WinduWasher Jedi Youngling

May 2, 2002
    BTW: I'm trying to get together a mailing list to send out updates, since I know many of us don't check the boards too often...

If you want to be on this list, please email to FanForcePDX@attbi.com

Also see the new thread in regards to the 1st meeting.

Thanx,
    Dave

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.