main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series (Read First Post): Which non-major TCW character would you save?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Barriss_Coffee, Sep 22, 2012.

?

Which non-major TCW character would you save?

1. Savage Opress

7 vote(s)
    15.6%
  2. Asajj Ventress

10 vote(s)
    22.2%
  3. Cad Bane

4 vote(s)
    8.9%
  4. Embo

1 vote(s)
    2.2%
  5. Hondo Ohnaka

11 vote(s)
    24.4%
  6. Lux Bonteri

1 vote(s)
    2.2%
  7. Satine Kryze

4 vote(s)
    8.9%
  8. Pre Vizsla

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Fives

5 vote(s)
    11.1%
  10. Other

2 vote(s)
    4.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    George and Dave have often considered axing most of the TCW cast. If given the unnatural ability to save ONE character from certain death, who would it be?

Note: I did NOT include obvious and potential continuity trainwrecks like Adi in the poll, or super-major characters like Rex and Ahsoka, since I assumed the majority of votes would go to these guys.

2. EECHUUTA

EECHUUTA Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2007
    I picked ol' Savage. He has potential to be an interesting character if he can get away from the whole 'brother of Maul' crap. For too long he's been under someone's shadow (first Nightsisters, then Dooku, then Maul) and not allowed to develop as his own entity. I don't know if he is a true mate of Ventress under Nightsister rules and/or if she simply picked him for Dooku (although I know the Nightbrothers assumed it was the former) but I can see that as a 'hook' that has the potential to be a problem for him in the future. Even though he's a potential Sith he's still bound in that manner, and that's a tie he needs to break. It's one way how the Nightsisters keep their men enslaved. I'd also love to see Savage deal with what he is and see if he embraces it or if he decides to reject it, since the Nightbrother 'culture' is based on being subservient under a matriarchy and not on true freedom.

Dark Lord Tarkas likes this.
  3. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    I chose Satine, cause i find her to be an interesting character

4. Lando Carmello

Lando Carmello Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 22, 2012
    She is interesting, but she definely does not have the potential of Cad Bane. He is like the Scorpius of CW.

5. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I gotta pick Fives. Fives is a really neat character in TCW as he's one of the only characters we've known since the very beginning of his story. I'd be in favor of giving this very independent, angry, and abrasive clone a long run. Hell give him his own spin off, lol.

6. Saga_Symphony

Saga_Symphony Force Ghost star 4

Oct 30, 2010
    Savage.

Dark Lord Tarkas likes this.
  7. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009
    Hondo Ohnaka. Because he's Jim flipping Cummings.

8. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I have to agree with Zandalor. As much as I like Cad Bane and Embo, I would not mind if something happened to them. Hondo on the other hand... he is just pure SW gold.

Inblackestnight likes this.
  9. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Hondo. But Cad Bane was a close second; Ventress a close third.

10. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    It's really tough for me to choose between Savage and Asajj while we're smack-dab in the middle of their character arcs and not really sure where they're going...

11. Saga_Symphony

Oct 30, 2010
    Asajj was much cooler in the micro-series IMO. None of this flirty Poison Ivy crap. At least that's mostly done with now. I hope.

Paparazzo likes this.
  12. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    I loved her in the micro-series too, but I'm much more intrigued with her character arc after the developments in S3 and S4.

13. Saga_Symphony

Oct 30, 2010
    I dunno, she seems like she's just another bounty hunter now. Guess we'll see. She just seemed more serious (and much better designed) in CW.

And Savage.. what a waste.

14. Spazmatron

Spazmatron Jedi Padawan star 3

Sep 19, 2012
    If they kill Ventress well... I won't be very happy. She is definitely the most deeply developed character in the show by far...

Maybe have her fetch Obi Wan grocery money on tatooine in his "solitude" :p

Plus if by the end of the series they explained how obi wan knew mos eisly well, maybe they went on some adventures together or something after ep 3...

Inblackestnight likes this.
  15. Inblackestnight

Inblackestnight Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 26, 2012
    Argh! I didn't notice Hondo on the list! I picked Ventress, for the reasons mentioned above, but I agree with Tikkes saying Hondo is SW gold. If Underworld ever gets off the ground it would be great to see both characters in it IMHO.

16. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    I ended up choosing Hondo too, but it was a tough decision. I could knock off a few of these right away (Lux... not saving his hide :p), but I really like some of the others (Fives, Bane, even Savage in his own weird brotherly way). I'd really like to see Ventress survive the series as well. But if it came down to a single decision, I know I would be seriously bummed if the series ended and Hondo died. Ventress, Fives... they would be better characters if they had noble deaths. Hondo? He'll always be better alive than dead.

Yeah, that's why I figured I should do this poll now rather than wait. If Filoni's not-so-cryptic warnings that a lot of characters are going to meet their ends in the next season is true, this is the last chance we can have for a poll like this.

Until after the show is done, we can have one retrospectively! :p

17. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I would be cool with Hondo surviving to. That's probably a character with alot of milage and we know how much Lucas seems to like doing Parodies. Hondo is a good vehicle for that sort of thing and I love me some Jim Cummings. I hope one of the days they create a pirate character who sounds more like Don Karnage. No, that's not a TCW character. =b

18. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    Asajj. One of the more intelligent and entertaining characters in the show. Survives a Sith back stab, survives encounters with the Jedi, went after Dooku twice, survived a conflict with Maul and Savage with Obi-Wan, and now offers some insight into what a Force user not following some dogmatic religion can be.

19. EECHUUTA

EECHUUTA Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2007
    So Season 5 is the last one? [face_thinking]

20. Spazmatron

Spazmatron Jedi Padawan star 3

Sep 19, 2012
    Not unless it gets cancelled. Even if it was, it would be a mess because even after season 5 there will probably be a bunch of loose ends that need to be tied.

21. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    I have to admit that although I find Satine a charming and engaging presence, I feel that I probably chose to spare her mostly to save Obi-Wan from another heart rending. I mean, the guy's been put through a lot, and it certainly adds more color and depth to his character, but he's endured so much and we all know that his worst loss of them all is still looming.

But, y'know, Hondo...

22. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    My first inclination was to join Seerow in voting for Fives, but I actually have to vote for Ventress. I didn't really use to care about her character, but she has gotten more character development than most on TCW and she's actually pretty interesting now. From Sith wannabe to the "break-up" and betrayal by Dooku, to bounty hunter, to whatever character-type-in-flux she is now (who saved Obi-Wan from Maul and Oppress, for better or for worse), she has the potential to redeem herself and will hopefully get to peacefully retire somewhere before the end of TCW. Sounds funny but I think that would be cool... and I don't even recall what the canon story for her fate was before TCW.

23. Mzukiller

Mzukiller Jedi Padawan star 2

Sep 5, 2012
    I can't save Maul? Anyway, to break it down:

1. I don't care what this series says, Assaj went into the Unknown Regions with Alpha before the end of the war and never came back.
    2. Hondo's just a freaking Pirate out of thousands. Why's he here?
    3. Sorry Pre, but Mandalorians come and go, and you need to make room for Spar
    4. Savage is just Maul lite, I think we all know that.
    5. I don't feel like Bane's in any trouble. He's a Bounty Hunter and a fan favorite, and that did wonders for Boba.
    6. Lux is so Useless, just a boy toy for Ahsoka
    7. Satine is Obi Wan's Padme, but since she isn't critical she can go both ways.
    8. Why is Embo suddenly important?

I choose Fives, this incredibly sadistic arc they have going with Domino squad needs to stop.

24. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    Went with Savage Opress. I just have a strong affinity for the character despite its flaws.

Mzukiller likes this.
  25. Paparazzo

Paparazzo Jedi Master star 3

Jan 31, 2011
    You did NOT just call my girl Adi a trainwreck.

I vote Asajj.

rumblewagon and Zeta1127 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.