main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So NM [READ] May Meeting topics and location!

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Jaina Byrd, May 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jaina Byrd

Jaina Byrd Jedi Master star 4

Feb 21, 1999
    Alright, first I need to clear up with everyone that our meeting for May will not be in Las Cruces. Many of us will be in Alamogordo over the weekend, so you can plan on it still being at 4:30, but in Alamogordo and at the Hastings on 10th Street.

Other than that, we will discuss the RotS premier, and going to a midnight showing at Telshor. A few people have found tickets for an El Paso showing, but several of us will still be needing to get tickets. So, we are going to get details from Telshor Cinemas on camping out and everything- hopefully we'll have the details at the meeting.

We also will discuss and vote on Chapter Rep positions--- because after this meeting, we'll be official! SO, if you'd like to nominate yourself or a friend for the position, please post it here in this thread, and we'll also take nominations at the meeting and vote. Copy and paste this to your post and add a name where you'd like to see it:
    Chapter Representative:
    Jaina Byrd

Co-Chapter Representative:

mandy_djo

We'll also talk about how to manage the summer meetings, as that'll be a weird time for some of us.

That's all that I can think of. We'll also talk about T-Shirts, as usual, because nothing got done on that this time around. *sigh* Any other suggestions, anyone?

2. movieboy

movieboy Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 9, 2005
    Could you post directions on how to get to the hastings from Las Cruces, and about how long does it take to drive there?

3. Jaina Byrd

Feb 21, 1999
    It takes about an hour and fifteen minutes.

Alright, so I'm guessing you know what road to get on to go to Alamogordo. Up, and over the Oregon Mountains you go, and then drive for forever until you reach town (there'll be the border patrol as you get closer to town). It will eventually turn into a six-laned highway, and if you're playing it safe, just stay in the middle lane. Follow this road all the way into town (the right-most lane will disappear, and your middle lane will become the right lane). Anyway, turn right on 10th Street, which will be just after Walgreens. After you turn on to 10th Street, get in the left lane and pass through four lights before you get to Hastings. It will be on the left, just before the fifth light you reach. It's pretty hard to miss, but you have my cell phone number if you get lost.

EDIT: By the way, I just called Hastings, and they think that with the small number of us that there are, we should be alright to meet in the book section.

4. BrotherHalo

BrotherHalo RSA Emeritus and Heckler star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 12, 2003
    Hey Andrea, mind posting the date and time? Or did I miss that?

5. Jaina Byrd

Feb 21, 1999
    Heh. I did post the date (4:30) but neglected to state that it would be this Sunday, May 8. (It is unfortunately Mother's Day, but oh well.)

6. Jedi_Master_Xiania

Jedi_Master_Xiania Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 11, 2004
    Can I nominate myself as someone to be a litte futher down the totum pole.

7. Jaina Byrd

Feb 21, 1999
    Like what? :) We're open to suggestions.

8. Jedi_Master_Xiania

Jedi_Master_Xiania Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 11, 2004
    Well, like a vice - representitive? Lol I don't have any idea. Just thought I might suggest it.

9. Jaina Byrd

Feb 21, 1999
    The Co-CR position is basically the vice (with lice!). So, yeah...

10. ObeyTheFist

ObeyTheFist Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2004
    there are always positions like historian or secetray

11. movieboy

movieboy Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 9, 2005
    About how long are you expecting this meeting to last?

12. Jaina Byrd

Feb 21, 1999
    Half an hour to fourty-five minutes.

13. Bloodclaw65

Bloodclaw65 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 3, 2004
    I-)zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

14. Jaina Byrd

Feb 21, 1999
    Alright, as soon as I get those meeting minutes from Mandy or she posts them, we can be official! :)

15. BrotherHalo

May 12, 2003
    Yuppers!

And while it was nice of your friend to give you the title, next time they should bring it up with either myself or Jedi Girl of Corellia. It's the "polite" thing to do.

HURRY UP AND GET THOSE NOTES! :p

16. SWJaggy

SWJaggy Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 9, 2003
    I was just curious. Is it possible some of your locations could be in El Paso, Tx? I know it's not in the official "Outer Rim" area but I just thought I'd ask because we had a festival last night and some of my friends and I joined the mailing list since they had a table just for the Outer Rim FanForce.

17. BRD

BRD Jedi Youngling

Apr 18, 2005
    Is there a digital theater in New Mexico to watch ROTS?

I saw it last night at Century Rio 24, Albuquerque, but that wasn't digital.

Anyone know?

Thanks!

18. Jaina Byrd

Feb 21, 1999
    Jaggy, I don't see why we couldn't have a few meetings in El Paso now and then. :) You probably met me or Mandy yesterday- we were the ones in Jedi cloaks with Star Wars T-Shirts on underneath!

BRD, I do not know of any digital theaters in New Mexico, but I'm no authority on the matter. :)

19. SWJaggy

SWJaggy Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 9, 2003
    That would be great! I signed up for the e-mailing list under the name "Ronnie". So if you should ever make a trip out to El Paso e-mail me (my email starts with 'antarian') and let me know.

20. ObeyTheFist

ObeyTheFist Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2004
    I heard a rumor that there was one maybe in Mexico or something... I will find out more. There is a possible road trip being planned.

21. mandy_djo

mandy_djo Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 8, 2004
    to add to it, even though El Paso isn't "official" as you put it, we do want to expand into that area and have always thought of having southern new mexico be las cruces-alamogordo-el paso; so yeah, i'm totally up for el paso meetings

22. gneiss_jedi

gneiss_jedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 17, 2005
    El Paso meetings would rock my socks off.
    :D

23. mandy_djo

mandy_djo Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 8, 2004
    and since you're from el paso and you've become our kind of "events coordinator", i'm sure you could help us find a good place to have a meeting.

Brittani, I LOVE your signatures!!!!!

24. gneiss_jedi

gneiss_jedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 17, 2005
    I have a few places in mind.

And thanks. I'm quite proud of them.

25. BrotherHalo

May 12, 2003
    Some geologist humor? Geologists have the oddest sense of humor. Some of it is rather hard for me to swallow. *eep*

And The El Pas-Ho? Kinda makes me wonder about you, Brittani!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.