Pittsburgh, PA READ NOW!! February Meeting Info

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Rox, Jan 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rox Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    Date and Time: Feb. 16th @ 1:30 PM
    Where: The North Park Clubhouse in Gibsonia

OK guys here is the deal. I made reservations for the Clubhouse today, we are all set. But I need to ask you guys one thing and I need an answer by monday.

We have two options right now:

1. We order off the menu and everyone orders what they want.

or

2. We get a buffet. The price would be $10.00 per person. The cost would cover an all you can eat buffet, food and drinks and the tip. If we choose to go along with the buffet we have 4 choose for food items:

Long horn fries, stuffed mushrooms w/sausage filling, fried zuchinni, potato skins, jalepeno poppers, corn dogs, chicken wings (cajun, mild, hot, honey bbq), mini pizzas, fried raviolli, cheese quesadias

If everyone is eating I think this would be the best thing to go with. We get a variety for a great price. I am not going to lie, the prices are expensive here. Please post here with your opinion.
  2. corran_16201 Jedi Knight

star 3
    acutally 10 bucks isn't bad for a buffet IMHO

So i say buffet

4 items: Fries, mini-pizzas, tater skins, wings
  3. ben_ethus Jedi Master

star 4
    Greetings, blokes.

I'd prefer to not have to drop any bucks, but if its truly all-you-can-eat, I'd be willing to drop down 10 bucks to gorge myself silly, provided that's what the majority of people want to do.

I'd be all about getting some of those mini pizzas, corn dogs, chicken wings, and potato skins. (Those are my 4 choices, assuming we only get 4. I presumed that's what Rox meant.)

Off to shower,
    Yours Truly
  4. RebelDawn Jedi Master

star 4
    IF I get to come I would prefer the buffet thing. Presuming as Ben did, I would choose: mini pizzas, potato skins, fried zucchini and cheese quisedias or however it was spelled lol.

But, I'm not sure I will make it yet. I really have no clue where this place is or anything. I will check it out tho.

Also, what time does it start? Do you do business first? Could I show up late?

Thanks for any info.

Tina
  5. Fluke_Groundrunner Force Ghost

star 4
    Would we need to say that we are coming in advance for the buffet, or can we just show up and give $10? Are the regular meals more than $10?
  6. DarthDahc Jedi Master

star 3
    wings, poppers, skins and fries
  7. Mrs_jedi_1966 Jedi Master

star 3
    fries, mini pizzas, fried raviolli, cheese quesadias

these are from me & the Mr.
  8. Rox Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    You can pay there. I just want to get the groups opinion before I tell them what we are going to do. Fluke to answer your question, I was told th average meal total is about 12 bucks.
  9. Fluke_Groundrunner Force Ghost

star 4
    I just checked out their website and considering that we would be eating at lunch time, I don't think that the meals would be more than $10. If sounds to me like they inflated their average meal costs to get us to buy the buffet. I would prefer to buy seperate meals, but if everyone decides on the buffet then that will be ok with me, in which case the chicken wings would have to be a must!
  10. Mrs_jedi_1966 Jedi Master

star 3
    fluke is right about the lunch menu being cheaper than $10 ~ but I think their lunch menu is over at 1 PM = our meeting is suppose to be at 1:30 PM. Maybe that is where the variance is?
  11. Fluke_Groundrunner Force Ghost

star 4
    Actually, I don't know if they have a 'lunch' menu, but I consider their sandwiches and wraps items for lunch.
  12. greencat336 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    potato skins, chicken wings (mild), mini pizzas, cheese quesadias

13. Fluke_Groundrunner Force Ghost

star 4
    If we get the buffet with the wings would we need to chose between 'mild', 'hot', etc now? If so then include mild with my wing entry.
  14. Wonk_Ay Jedi Knight

star 1
    We aren't sure if we're coming...neither of us can spend 10 dollars on an averge meeting...if we order off the menu the two of us could share something and not have to spend as much money...This club has gotten expensive!!!
  15. jedi_master_sal Jedi Master

star 4
    permit me to throw in my two cents here.

I've noticed that we have had and in the next several months are going to have events that cost money. While it's not a problem for me to afford $10 a meal at meetings, maybe we should rethink were and when we meet. These are really supposed to be meetings, not neccessaryily meetings and "eatings". I'd hate to see people alienated because they couldn't "afford" to go to things.

Let's try to next month have a meeting that is totally FREE. So everyone can come.

On this note (and please don't think I mean this callously because I don't and it's hard to put emotion into words typed on the net) You do not have to eat at the meetings to be a part. If fact should those that wish to participate but cannot because they feel they are obligated to eat as well then I will forego the eating part and just be there for the meeting myself. A small sacrifice for me but it is to show that I truly care about the membership and don't want ANYONE "left behind".
  16. Mrs_jedi_1966 Jedi Master

star 3
    I was going to bring this up at the meeting, but to give people something to think about...The Gray Goose (were we had our Lifeday formal) offered to allow us to use the same room every month. It would not cost us a dime and if people wanted to order off of their menu they could. I know there were a few members left when the owner offered this. I think everyone there at that time liked this idea. It is pretty centrally located for most members and if you don't want to eat you don't have to and then it wouldn't cost any one $$. Not to mention the benefit of having one set -secluded- meeting place. *and yes - I think 90% of the padawans live in walking distance from it.*

I would also like to see a constant meeting date set up ~ such as the last Sunday of every month at 2PM. That way it would be easier for people to plan their schedules in advance - especially with summer coming and people having plans.

Does any one else like this idea? If so I can call and arrange things
  17. greencat336 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I have no problem with having regular meetings at the Gray Goose, after all I don't have to drive very far to get there. Do the people that do have to drive far want to set it up as the regular spot? After all, one of the reasons we earlier decided to make our meetings mobile was the fact we are all so spread out. Don't forget, we also used the Kings in Harmerville (off the Turnpike) as a meeting place because that seemed to be 'in the middle'. We could always make that our regular meeting spot. They had a nice backroom, and for those that wanted to order food, the cost is low.

I think one of the reasons that the NP Lounge was chosen as a meet spot was that we could go play afterwards (Skee ball & pinball!!!), but the money concern is there for our younger members . . . AFter all, not only are we talking about the $10 for food, but also money for raffle and game playing afterwards.

My two cents: Feb meeting still on at NP lounge. If people want to come, but not eat, that would be fine. Or come and order from the menu, rather than have the buffet . . . Then future meetings scheduled at a regular time, at a regular meet place -- at the Gray Goose or Kings (or wherever).
  18. Mrs_jedi_1966 Jedi Master

star 3
    The men in red were ok with it and I know we are ok with it. i think Terry is the only other person with a distance.

The reason I suggested the GG over king's - we had the entire bottom to ourselves and didn't have to worry about time constraints or offending other patrons.
  19. Lando_Da_Pimp Jedi Knight

star 2
    I had been hoping to come to the February meeting but its the same day as the toy fair. So I can't make it again. Had plans for the January one as well. I will be there for March.

Here is my take on it from somebody who has a problem making it to meetings. I think a specified day is good. This way I know to keep those saturdays or sundays free. Also any place you pick will be far from me most likely so I won't bother on that issue but a same meeting place would be easier. This way you don't have to have everybody asking where the place is.

Where is the Grey Goose? ;)

Here is hoping to meet you guys sometime.

LDP
  20. Shewski Jedi Master

star 4
    Any word from Ben_ethus? Are we going to have the gaming fun at this meeting.
  21. JediDaveFromDaBurgh Jedi Master

star 1
    I thought the gaming tourny was seprate.

I like the idea of one place, same day, same time. That'll make it alot easier for everyone to attend.
  22. ben_ethus Jedi Master

star 4
    Greetings, blokes.

The idea was to keep it separate, actually. I went and updated the "Game Tourney Update" thread with my date proposal. Take a gander. Sorry it took me so long to update it. :(

Likes his new optical mouse,
    Yours Truly

23. Rox Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    I told them we would just order off of the menu.
  24. Fluke_Groundrunner Force Ghost

star 4
    If we can get a regular place for meetings I think we should take the offer. However, every few meetiongs or so we should switch things up (ie Kings, Borders in Monroeville) so that we can do something fun afterwards like go to Fun Fest or Checky e Cheese.
  25. Mara-hari Jedi Knight

star 1
    "The men in red were ok with it and I know we are ok with it. i think Terry is the only other person with a distance."

I have a bit of a distance to drive as well, but again, as LDP said, pretty much anywhere you guys pick would be at least an hour drive for me so distance really isn't the issue. I have a job that doesn't keep "banker's hours", if you will, and my biggest problem is that many times, I work on weekends - I'd also agree with Mrs. "66 and LDP in that picking a certain day of the month (preferable a Sunday ;)) would be nice, because it would allow me to keep those days open and shuffle my work schedule if necessary.

And as far as money issues go, I think we should keep it as reasonably priced as we can to belong to this club. I'm not a cheapskate or anything, but I remember when I was in my teens and early twenties and sometimes it was all I could do to scrape together enough money to pay my car insurance, school bills, etc; and I certainly didn't have much money to throw around for extra stuff. Also, for those of us that have to drive, gas isn't free either - not horribly expensive, but it does add up.

Anyway, just my two republic credits on the matter.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.