main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Pittsburgh, PA READ NOW!! February Meeting Info

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Rox , Jan 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ben_ethus

ben_ethus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 17, 2001
    Greetings, blokes.

Sal... Gaming Tourney is Feb 22 @ my place. Noobie session tutorial starts promptly at 2:45. Tourney proper starts at 3:30. Directions will be sent out Thursday evening to everyone who emails me before then. My email address can be found in the "IMPORTANT UPDATE" thread I posted last night.

I hate having to miss the meeting, but I'll probably see many of you at the gaming tourney anyway, so, that'll be good.

Heater Guy just came to inspect my heater,
    Yours Truly

2. Fluke_Groundrunner

Fluke_Groundrunner Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 1, 2001
    Crap, I have to work on Sunday but I will be at the gaming tourny.

3. Heilo

Heilo Jedi Youngling

Dec 18, 2002
    Now Dan, an excuse nothing but an excuse....

Oh, I have absolutly no idea where the meeting place is or how to get there, would someone please be so kind as to update my nava-computer.

4. greencat336

greencat336 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 27, 2001
    I'd give the update, but with my direction giving ability you'd most likely end up in Kentucky . . . Its off Turnpike exit 4. The North Park Club House Lounge. If no one manages to get directions to you, just give them a call . . .

Oh, and don't forget everyone, to bring a canned food item to the meeting to be donated to the food bank!

5. Noble_Kale

Noble_Kale Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 15, 2002
    Here ia a link to The North Park Clubhouse website:

Link

They have a link on there website for directions. I hope this helps everyone who needs directions.

6. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    For everyone that needs directions to the meeting tomorrow I have made it very easy for you. By taking this link it will take you to mapquest.com. The address for the Clubhouse is already put into the box for you. All you have to do is fill in your address in the "Start:" area.

http://www.mapquest.com/directions/main.adp?2l=9vrnn984c6I%253d&2g=w5M%252bpdeb%252bBg%253d&2pn=&2ic=31&2ex=1&src=maps&2a=5301%20Ranalli%20Dr&2c=Gibsonia&2s=PA&2z=15044%2d9649&2y=US

Just in case the address is:

5103 RANALLI DR
    GIBSONIA, PA 15044
    Phone: 724-449-9090

7. jedi_master_sal

jedi_master_sal Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    Also, here's a cliff notes version of the directions.

Take rt 28 (from town) got to rt 8 head north 8-9 miles, it will be on your right

If coming opposite direction on rt 28 heading to town, still take the rt 8 exit and head north 8-9 miles, it will be on your right

8. greencat336

greencat336 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 27, 2001
    As you may have guessed from Sal posting directions, the meeting is still on, despite the snow! :D

Drive safe, everyone!

9. jedi_master_sal

jedi_master_sal Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    Now it is official. The meeting has been cancelled today. I just talked with Terry and we decided due to the weather conditions and that it will only get worse to cancel the meeting.

Terry will post the agenda for the meeting today.

We will be holding an impromtu meeting at the gaming session since a majority of you have already said you will be there for that.

Ben-Ethus let me or Terry know if that's okay with you.

10. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    Like Sal just said, we cancelled the meeting due to the weather being horrible. If you are going to Brian's for the gaming tourney then we can have a littl emeeting then. Also if you can't make it to the meeting I going to bring some of the agenda's I had printed up to the FanFilm meeting on the 1st. Here is what I had for the meet:

Star Wars Association of Pittsburgh February 2003 Agenda

- Permanent meeting place/time: Should we and if so where and when?

- Money stuff: we have $90 in checking. We need $100 for the Comicon right? What other expenses will be needed and how much? Like the cost of the magnets for the SWAP give aways and printing costs for handouts. I'm also thinking that the 'next big thing' for spending the SWAP money on would be the summer picnic (cost of renting the pavalian, plates, cups, door prizes if we play games like we did at the Life day)

- Could we spend $7.70 to get checks with the organizations name on it?

- Comicon: Get the table paid in full. Find a dinner place within driving distance of the hotel.

- Gaming Tourney is Feb 22 @ Ben_Ethus' place. Noobie session tutorial starts promptly at 2:45. Tourney proper starts at 3:30. http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=10543969

- Jedi Outcast Weekly Games: http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=10524578

- Patches/Buttons:
    http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=10259462

- Website News: There is now a monthly Calendar of Events on the website, to submit an event whether it be official or not send an email to Rox@thenewrepublic.net, with Events Calendar Submission in the subject and he will post it ASAP.

- The following is the final draft of the Frequentl Asked Questions portion of our website. Please go over it and see if there are any changes needed.
    · What is S.W.A.P.?: S.W.A.P. stands for The Star Wars Association of Pittsburgh. S.W.A.P. is the physical, grass-roots extension of fanforce.net's global, online presence. We're about getting fans together and helping them meet and interact with other fans in their "physical" community. Conventions, movie screenings, book signings, etc., can all be a part of the Fanforce experience.

· Is this an official Star Wars fan club? Is it licensed by Lucasfilm?: No. S.W.A.P is a fan-based, not-for-profit club operating solely for fun. It is in no way endorsed by or affiliated with Lucasfilm Ltd. or any of its affiliates or licensees. The Star Wars name, logo,trademarks and characters are all owned by Lucasfilm Ltd.

· Why do you change your meeting places?: We have members that live in very different areas of the Pittsburgh and surrounding areas. We try and please everyone by moving them around for people that have long distances to cover.

· What does the motto ?Three Rivers, One Force? mean?: It refers to the 3 rivers that flow in the city of Pittsburgh. The Ohio River, the Alleghany River and the Mongahalia River. The Alleghany and Mongahalia rivers flow together to create the Ohio River. Just like the Force which flows throughout the universe. The Force has 2 sides, the Light side and the Dark side, together they create the whole FORCE.

· What do you do at meetings and events?: Our monthly meetings are generally for club business. We follow an agenda. After all business on the agenda is covered we open the floor then adjourn the meeting. After meetings we usually chat Star Wars, play games or plan to go somewhere else for fun.

Some of our past activities have been: attending movies, playing games, a road trip to The Magic of Myth, Celebration 2, volunteering our time at the premiere weekend for the IMAX version of ATOC and our Summer Picnic.

· [color=re

11. ben_ethus

Dec 17, 2001
    Greetings, blokes.

I'm fine with having the meeting at my place after the Tourney. That'll delay the SW:CCG Tutorial a bit, but that's not the end of the world, methinks. (If it turns out that that does signify Earth's Destruction, I'll see you guys swirling around in the vortex. 8-})

Anyway, it's unfortunate that the snow came down like it did, and ruined your guyses' (*realizes that's not even a word*) fun today.

But, I'll look forward to seeing all you crazy fiends at the Gaming Tourney.

Just realized something: If the meeting got canceled today, will anyone be able to meet up with Tony before the tourney in order to get the trophy to my place?

Also, if you need directions, be sure to email me before Thursday night, so you can get put on "The List." Thanks!

11 days of work without a day off and counting,
    Yours Truly

12. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    Ben I am going to meet up with them suring the week to get the trophy. I talked to them earlier about it.

13. ben_ethus

Dec 17, 2001
    Greetings, blokes.

Rox... okay, cool. I can't wait to see our crazy trophy. Tourney should be all kinds of fun.

Can't wait to lay a beat-down on you fiends for the coveted trophy,
    Yours Truly

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.