main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Read the novelization, or see the movie, which first?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by StarBlazer, Jan 28, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marold

Marold Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 17, 2001
    with the rate I'm going with books and reading them on schedule it will be about July by the time I get to the book. So I'll probably see the movie first then the book. Course there's the weddings that I have to do that are coming up. I'll never be done with anything. :(

2. wampa

wampa Jedi Master star 4

Jul 8, 1998
    I've stayed away from major movie spoilers successfully so far. I intend to stay that way until May 16th when I run from school to the movie theater, only to have to run back to school for a band concert (You think a band director with a Stomp lid signed by Ahmed Best would respect SW, but no).

When the adaptations are released I will purchase them quickly. Then I will stow them away and satisfy myself by listening to the soundtrack but not actually reading the soundtrack listings.

After I see the movie I will break out the beautifully drawn comic adaptation and then soon after I'll read the novelization. Then I guess I'll have to depend on the DK books and the Insider's Cd-rom until the DVD is realeased.

Anyone know if there is going to be another script/storyboard book? The last one was pretty good.

Edit: Xizor, you know where you can stick it. :p

3. PrinceXizor

PrinceXizor Former TF.N Foreign Book Cover Staff star 5 VIP

Jul 4, 2001
    Hey, wampa :

SPOILER

Right there... You've been spoiled. :p

[doh]

4. Jedi_Eowyn

Jedi_Eowyn Jedi Youngling

Jan 17, 2002
    I would much rather see the film first. I want to let the film surprise me. I'll probably buy it after my parents say that I can't see the film in theatres anymore! ;)

5. StarBlazer

StarBlazer Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 2, 2001
    Before TPM came out, I had the book beforehand, and I just couldn't resist, so I only read about the first 2 chapters, sorta as a preview/introduction. Then I saw the movie, and read the rest of the book. That worked well for me, so I think that's how I'm gonna do it for AotC. I've already ordered the book, now I just have to wait a few more months... :( Oh well. That's life. :)

~Star*

6. Bria

Bria Manager Emeritus, -MNFF Council star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 15, 1999
    Movie, novelization, Approaching Storm.

She will learn patience... ;)

~*~Bria

7. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    Movie first, then novelization.

8. hallben3000

hallben3000 Jedi Youngling

Nov 6, 2001
    Wampa: Yes there is another script book, i think its part of the art of EP2 book. Im not sure but that what i think. I have the TPM DVD but still love to read the graphic novel every so often, its done so bloody well. Come on April.

9. Disco_Dark_Jeedai

Disco_Dark_Jeedai Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 19, 2001
    Movie, then comic, then book.

10. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    I'm planning to see the movie first...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.