main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Reader reviews for TFN (Author's NON-SW books)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by The Gatherer, Aug 29, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Gatherer

The Gatherer Jedi Youngling star 6

Aug 2, 1999
    Hello everyone,

I would like to send out an invitation, for literature fans to write reviews for TFN - reviews for authors who have written in the Star Wars universe - novels they have written apart from those in the GFFA. If you are interested, please follow the TFN format, of what the general overview of the story is, then the Good, Bad & Ugly, and also rate out of 4.

This will be a good chance to let other people know what upcoming author's are like, if you have already read their previous work.

Please email me your reviews.

Regards,

Michael Potts
    TFN Books

2. Kadue

Kadue Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 20, 2000
    Cool. I'm going to pick up Sean Williams' new one Stone Mage and the Sea in the next couple of days, so I'll send one in. :)

3. Wedge 88

Wedge 88 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 1999
    I've read lots of Stackpole and Keyes. And a little bit of Salvatore and Zahn (which I hope to change soon).

Or do you just want stuff for upcoming authors that havn't had their novels published yet?

I'm not that good with reveiws... I pretty much always see the good things in a story and ignore everything else. :) UNLESS the story is mostly bad 'stuff.' I guess I could try though :D

Whats this? I'll have to skim through the novel again before I can review it? ARGG! Work! :(

4. Dev Sibwarra

Dev Sibwarra Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 4, 1999
    To the best of my knowledge, I've read every book that Zahn has had published, and most of Stackpole's stuff. I could review some of those, if I don't have too much homework and can translate my opinions into something resembling coherent writing.

5. The Gatherer

Aug 2, 1999
    Thanks everyone, just check that they already have been reviewed for TFN . . . I know some of Zahn's books have . . .

6. suncrusherX

suncrusherX Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 18, 2001
    I just started angelmass by zahn, I doubt there's any reviews for that yet. Also, I plan on reading aristoi by walter jon williams(njo hc #4).

7. The Gatherer

Aug 2, 1999
    I would love to know what Walter Jon Williams's writing style is like!

8. Knight1192

Knight1192 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 5, 2000
    Question. Since most Star Wars books have already been reviewed in the TF.N book section, are there going to be additional reviews of these books? I mean, most fans are going to want to review just about everything they can that's a Star Wars book, and probably quite likely other books written by books authors who have written Star Wars books. So you folks are probably going to be flooded with multiple reviews of books.

9. LordMoltar

LordMoltar Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 25, 2001
    That does sound like a good idea. I could at least count myself in as reading a good majority of Salvatore's work, and most of Terry Brook's works too.

10. The Gatherer

Aug 2, 1999
    Anyone else interested?

11. Mastadge

Mastadge Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 4, 1999
    In a couple of days I'm reading Walter J. Williams' The Rift, so I'll review that, and then I was planning on rereading Heroes Die and Blade of Tyshalle by Matthew W. Stover, so I'll review them also.

12. Bogga

Bogga Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 12, 1998
    I read Greg Bear's Darwin's Radio earlier this summer so I might be able to get around to reviewing it. I can't promise anything since school starts soon and I've still got a good amount of summer reading for school that I've yet to do.

13. darthmorgan

darthmorgan Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 12, 1999
    I've read the first two books of Keyes' Age of Unreason and will soon start the third. I may skim through the first book and shoot you a review. Never written a book review before though, only movies and music, but I'll give it a shot.

Suncrusherx, what's the story on Angelmass? If you check the back cover flap on Dark Force Rising, it says he completed it and was at work on The Last Command. I always thought that was a really cool title. Is it finally going to see the light of day?

14. Josh2001

Josh2001 Jedi Youngling

Aug 31, 2001
    I'd like to sign up to do Mike Stackpole's Talion: Revenant and Aaron Allston's Doc Sidhe. Didn't see anyone else specifically speak for these two. This should be fun - thanks!

15. Valiento

Valiento Jedi Knight star 7

Mar 19, 2000
    Well, I could do Lucasarts/Allen Dean Foster's the dig, of course it's going from memory I read the book a long time ago.

16. Knight1192

Knight1192 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 5, 2000
    What, no answer to my question? I've read the posts here and still can't figure out if there are to be multiple posts on a book or not. See my previous post on this thread for an understanding of what I'm asking.

17. suncrusherX

suncrusherX Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 18, 2001
    darthmorgan-Just finished it. I believe it's officially out sometime this month. I got a advanced reading copy off ebay, there's currently a retail copy on there. Anyways, I'll be posting a review shortly so check it out.

18. The Gatherer

Aug 2, 1999
    Knight1122 - The reviews are *only* for authors NON SW books. And I only really want one review per book, that is why we have a good system here letting everyone know what we are reviewing.

If there is a quiet time between reviews, I may allow more reviews for a particular book.

19. Dev Sibwarra

Dev Sibwarra Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 4, 1999
    suncrusherX- I'd like to read that review. I want the book, but is it worth the 20+ dollars?

20. The Gatherer

Aug 2, 1999
    Has anyone else thought about doing this for TFN... I think it has the potential to be a great feature!

21. The Gatherer

Aug 2, 1999
    Just a reminder about this?

Anyone still interested?

I would love to hear from you!

22. chissdude10

chissdude10 Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 26, 2001
    I would love to, Mike.

Just an idea, but it may help to have a 13 year olds opinion for some books, especially toward younger fans.

23. ReaperFett

ReaperFett Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 9, 1999
    I've got X-Files: Ground Zero by KJA and Aliens vs preadator: Prey by Steve Perry

24. Bogga

Bogga Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 12, 1998
    Actually, I'll try and do one over the next couple weeks. I'm about to start Heroes Die by Matt Stover, and there's a bunch of other novels from SW-authors that I plan on reading soon. I'll see what I can do.

25. The Gatherer

Aug 2, 1999
    Just remind everyone to follow the TFN format - short synopsis, good, bad & ugly - and rate out of 4 stars.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.