main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Read, PA Reading-Lancaster Roll Call! (Who are you?)

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by JediSoccerDad, Mar 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediSoccerDad

JediSoccerDad Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 12, 2004
    Name: Rob

Nick I go by: Don't really have one... Used ?Jade? as an Online Persona for a long time, but then decided to disclose my real name after about five years or so.

SW Fan since: 1980 (ESB was the ?hook? for me)

SW Collector: Most definitely!

What I Collect: Action Figures, Novels, Posters and about any other collectible that I can sneak by my wife.

OT Fan or Saga: OT Fan all the way!

What do you do: Network Analyst (Typical Geek Job) & Full-Time Albright Student (Education)

Where do you live: Wernersville

Special Abilities/Interests:
    -Fiction Writing (Short Stories)
    -Youth Coaching (Soccer) ?Go Wilson Bulldogs!!?
    -Eagles Football & Phillies Baseball (I?m originally a Philadelphia Native!)
    -Extreme Movie Buff (Almost all genres)
    -Shakespeare Buff (HS Teacher once inspired me)
    -Cartoon Buff (Especially all the 80s Stuff)
    -Find ways to be the coolest Dad (2 children, brainwashed into SW Fans!)
    -Find new and interesting ways to stay awake on 3rd Shift (Mucho coffee)
    Hmmmmm, I think I embarrassed myself enough, lol..

Standing on NJO: I take a, ?beggars can?t be choosers? perspective on this topic. Of course I believe all the OT work to be way better, however some of the NJO stories were interesting & well done.

2. lightning-girl

lightning-girl Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 13, 2007
    Name: Rebecca

Nick I go by: Beka, Joss, Chewbecca, Freaky girl

SW Fan since: 2005 Christmas the year before my mom got original trilogy, Dad got me to watch them over my birthday month of January and I've been hooked ever since, even entered the Lancaster New Era's competition for ten tickets to the midnight showing on the day it was released, didn't win but saw the movie anyway.

SW Collector: depends on your definition, begged for a light saber got a poster, love the figures stuck with Lego SW video games and I've got the movies

What I Collect: Books about fiction, sketch pads, colored pencils, pretty much art supplies in general, (if you calculate how much I spend on that stuff it would be over $100 seriously)

OT Fan or Saga: hmmm tough choice, I'd say Saga fan though cuz ya can't deny Anakin's hottness unless you're a dude then yeah that's a problem

What do you do: soon to be high school student

Where do you live: Landisvill, Hempfield really, we will be moving into the official Lancaster zone come June

-Author-to-be
    -Dancer
    -Drama (acting-To my wonderful teachers, Ann, Terrie, Charlie, Steve, Sarah, Stephanie, and JEREMY my dearest Drama club director who came out from the Fulton, WE LOVE YOU JEREMY)
    -Reading (nothing too girlie, like not much in the way of Meg Cabbot, just ya know HP and LOTR and KOTSD (knights of the silver dragon) and stuff)
    -DANNY PHANTOM
    -HARRY POTTER (sub obsession Draco Malfoy)
    -Starbucks Frapachino
    -STAR WARS (sub obsession Anakin, Obi-wan and LUKE!!!!)
    Bet ya already think I'm a freak...yeah now to reinforce that oppinion I HATE SPORTS ('sept tennis)

Standing on NJO: If I could find the first book or even where it is at Borders I would read it but since I can't ah well I respect all authors though seeing as I aspire to soon be among the ranks

Beka or Joss out

3. JediSoccerDad

Aug 12, 2004
    Hi Beka, welcome to the group :)

4. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Nice to meet you, Beka! :D

You're from Hempfield, hmm? I'm somewhat familiar with the area. I go to college in Lancaster, so I'm down your way almost everyday.

Name: Steph

Nick I go by: Stophie, although I don't use it all that often

SW Fan since: 1995-96

SW Collector: Yes, but not as much as I used to

What I Collect: Action Figures, however, I'm no longer a completeist, novels, and any special collectibles (Gentle Giant mini-busts etc) that interest me

OT Fan or Saga: OT fan, no contest

What do you do: Full time illustration student and I work part-time at V&S Sandwiches

Where do you live: Knauers/Green Hills (out near Maple Grove Raceway)

-Drawing/Painting
    -Roleplaying (text or board based)
    -Major Phillies fan
    -Disney fanatic
    -I also have a thing for anything Harrison Ford
    -country music

Standing on NJO: The first half of the series was really good with a nice buildup. The second half, however, was meh.

Since NJO is fairly old already, I'm gonna go ahead and share my standing on the new Legacy of the Force series. It's nice a short: I don't like Jacen and he deserves to be thrown out an airlock. :p

test

5. lightning-girl

Mar 13, 2007
    Cool, where do you go, cuz you might just pass my street every day depending on where you go. I'm a student at a very good private school, it's catholic and right next door to our church so every other Friday we go to church.

6. JediSoccerDad

Aug 12, 2004
    I forgot to mention my Disney Obsession, lol.. I'm actually all excited to be going this year in October. I here that it is a great time to go. No lines, nice weather, & cool holiday stuff..

Now, I'm just tryting to see if I can nail down a costume for the trick-or-treat night :)

Maybe, I will get the resident Costume Expert :):looks at Steph::) to help me out [face_batting]

7. lightning-girl

Mar 13, 2007
    what am I chopped liver, ok I went last november, it was awesome! there was a bit of snow in orlando, real snow but that was a once and done thing. I don't know if they'll have it up yet but go to MGM at night, the festival of dancing lights is awesome, and try to see Vader and the Storm Troopers over by the star wars ride, take the ride too, it's awesome. The dumbos in Magic Kingdom, not all they're craked up to be. and try to get around the world before you have to get on soaring it's awesome!

8. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    I go to Pennsylvania College of Art & Design. It's located in downtown Lancaster. I'm coming from Reading, so I'm not sure if that goes by your street or not.

And glad to see there's another Disney nut in the group! :D I won't be heading to Florida this year, but I am going to Disneyland for the first time this July. So, I'm really excited about that!

As for costumes, I'll see what I can do to help you out. Is there anyone else interested in costuming?

EDIT: Okay, I found a technical glitch with our board. It won't read any HTML including the codes to make text bold, italic etc. I'm gonna go see what's up and get back to you. I also noticed there's no "edit" time.

TEST

UPDATE: It's working! :D

9. lightning-girl

Mar 13, 2007
    Yeah you wouldn't anyway, I'm interested in costume design, I love making up awesome costumes based on what I have around the house. I love disney too, I've been to disneyland as well, though I was five so I don't remember much 'sept that I loved the Haunted Manson ride, and I got to kiss pooh, don't know why that stands out but it does.

10. JediSoccerDad

Aug 12, 2004
    If you haven't already, pop in here & write a little about yourself, folks [:D]

11. Rebel_Spook

Rebel_Spook Jedi Master star 4

May 14, 2002
    Name: David
    Nick I go by: Spook
    SW Fan since: 1978
    SW Collector: YES
    What I Collect: select figures, any vintage toys, comics, busts, plates, authentic posters, books
    OT Fan or Saga: OT Fan
    What do you do: Contract worker with UGI
    Where do you live: Wrightsville

Special Abilities: -FPS Sniper and Run & Gun (Delta Force series, Call of Duty, Dark Forces series)
    - SW prop building (work in progress)
    - SW costuming (work in progress)
    - cooking/grilling/baking

Standing on NJO: If I had my way, the NJO would cease to exist and new stories would be written during that period of time that is more in line with stories like TTT and the X-Wing series. Short answer: What NJO?

Yes, this may look familiar, I took it mostly from what I posted on the Reading board. Sue me, I just got in from clearing snow for more 2 hours... :p

12. JediSoccerDad

Aug 12, 2004
    Scott, Dana, Stacy (I know I will regret asking you, lol).. Can we know a little more about you folks :)

Post up..

13. Pugglethelesser

Pugglethelesser Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 13, 2006
    Name.....Stacy
    Age......36
    Star Wars fan since....1977
    Star Wars Collector....Yes
    What do I collect......Figures, Ships, and assorted odds and ends.
    OT or Saga....Saga, actually I prefer the prequels.
    Job....Canooter valve technician
    Where do you live....Easton
    Special abilities/Interests
    Air guitar
    Broad jumping
    Tormenting my children............
    I mean hey if you can't annoy your own children, whose can you?
    Sarcasm....yes, that is a special ability.

Standing on NJO...I'll take what I can get but, I was not overly thrilled.
    Standing on Legacy of the Force.....Some of the books are good, some of the characters are well written or at least interesting. However, the Jacen/Anakin comparisons are aggravating, and the way that the series has pretty much mirrored the prequels is very annoying.

14. JediSoccerDad

Aug 12, 2004
    Dude, for you, "Sarcasm" has progressed into a superpower [face_laugh]

15. Pugglethelesser

Jul 13, 2006
    Thank you......I'm blushing, I think I'm going to cry....

16. EighteenDelta

EighteenDelta Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 22, 2007
    Name: Chris

Nick I go by: Doc, Professor, (a number not suitable for public discussion)

SW Fan since: several years before seeing the movie, I knew every line from ANH (recreating the scenes during resess in the 1-3 grade) I never went to a theater to see a movie till ET then not again till high school. That was about the time Lucas decided to release it on VHS...

SW Collector: to excess in my youth, not as much these days, gave them all to my kids(daughter 3 y/o and son 2 y/o)

What I Collect: Action Figures, vehicles, books

OT Fan or Saga: OT (episode 1-3 what? huh?)

What do you do: Consultant (Materials Engineering) Chemical industry, mostly plastics

Where do you live: Pottsville and work in Wyomissing (Reading)

Special Abilities/Interests/History:
    -Writing screenplays and working on a couple ideas in novel form.
    -Kendo/iaido/naginata.
    -Tools, lots of tools. I am a hobby blacksmith/coppersmith/armoursmith.
    -Books, they have taken over my house.
    -My real goal is film making, both fanfic and original ideas.
    -Spent 8 years in the Army.

-x

17. JediSoccerDad

Aug 12, 2004
    Welcome to the The Reading-York Imperial Knights, Chris! :cool:

Kendo. Very cool. Always wanted to study it. Was checking out the school in Phila for a while, but I would have to quit my job to find the time.. [face_frustrated]

Boy, does that sound like a plan! [face_thinking]

18. EighteenDelta

Mar 22, 2007
    I did teach Kendo for about 2 years while living in NJ. I really did prefer Iaido and Naginata though. I was right outside NYC so I studied with the JSS (Japanese Swordsmanship Society) I do miss having that option now that we live in rural PA. But in any case I have a Canon XL 1s Camera among other resources and was hoping at some point in the future of putting a fan film project together, as well as other non-fan film related ideas. Not sure how many other folks locally would be interested. In any case, what kind of excitement do we have going on around here?

-x

19. EighteenDelta

Mar 22, 2007
    I am not only interested in costuming, I have been building up resources for some time now, including an old industrial 3 thread Merrow serger sewing machine, and two older machines (one straight stitch and the other capable of single/double needle fashion stitches) I also have a pretty good collection of fabrics built up too. I already have the materials together to build a vaccu-forming table, just need the time and interest level long enough to put it together.

-x

20. Rebel_Spook

Rebel_Spook Jedi Master star 4

May 14, 2002
    Welcome, Chris! Always glad to see more people signing up!

If you get that vac-table together, I know a few of us would be willing to put it to good use! :D

21. EighteenDelta

Mar 22, 2007
    To be honest I have been putting it off till after we redo our kitchen, since I want to replace the electric stove with gas, I will keep the old electric stove for heating the ABS sheets and baking/curing latex. But I have every intention of sharing resources with anyone interested.

While I do work in the Reading area, I live an hour north , but you are still the closest group for me. A mill and Lathe are on my list of tools eventually as well. Any suggestions for local sources of plastic sheets for Vac-forming?

-x

22. Pugglethelesser

Jul 13, 2006
    Did somebody say FanFilm?

23. JediSoccerDad

Aug 12, 2004
    Cool! I might have to ask you for some private Kendo lessons :D

24. EighteenDelta

Mar 22, 2007
    I would love to get back into the kendo, if given the space. My Bogu misses me... I still have about 30 shinai and boken, always had extra for the students lacking the equipment/funds and I have no trouble sharing. Some day in the future I may teach martial arts regularly again, I do need to get back into shape again (other than round, which although a shape, isn't the best shape)

-x

25. Jedipete33

Jedipete33 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 26, 2004
    Name: Scott

SW Fan since: 1995, is the earliest I can remember. I didn't become really interested until the special edition releases.

SW Collector: Yes

What I Collect: GG Mini busts, books, comics, videogames, art, autographs

Favorite Star Wars game: Shadows of the Empire N64, and Rogue Squadron 2 gamecube

OT Fan or Saga: I enjoy both

Where do you live: York

- wrestling
    - baseball (Yankees) football (Steelers, and Packers) Only Major league sports for me
    - art
    - videogames, I'm a huge videogamer. PS2, PSP, PC. Favorite games - Ratchet and Clank, Onimusha, GTA, Medal of Honor
    - Musical scores
    - Japan, I've been interested in the japanese culture for sometime. I'd like to learn the language one day.

Standing on NJO: I enjoy it. It's a different take on sw that is much needed.

Standing on Legacy: Crap

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.