main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

KC, MO Reading

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Laynel, May 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Laynel

Laynel Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 30, 2003
    Ok, something besides the meeting. Who of you have read the Star Wars books? Which are your favorites? The Rogue Squadron books? Timothy Zahn's books? Which are the best?

2. Laynel

Apr 30, 2003
    Oh, personally I prefer Timothy Zahn's. None compare to his.

3. Lordstimpy

Lordstimpy Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 1, 2002
    I read a few, but The New Jedi Order is the best. I got the lastest one right now, but I haven't had time to read it yet.

4. clonedmenace

clonedmenace Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 29, 2002
    I've read most of the books... my favorite is definitely Zahn's Hand of Thrawn Duology. It's been a while since I read it, but it's awesome... I don't know, I can't really say I've read a Star Wars book I didn't like. LOL

5. LukeSkiewalker

LukeSkiewalker Jedi Master star 4

Apr 4, 2003
    I would have to say all 5 of the Zahn books are my favorite. The jedi academy books were pretty good. TNJO books are definitely my least favorite. Vector Prime was okay but the others drag on. And according to the current publisher of SW books they are going to do future books in the style of TNJO (one comprhensive story line spanning 10-20 books)

6. WarmasterDan

WarmasterDan Jedi Knight star 6

Sep 3, 2002
    Guess I need to put my opinion on this.
    My personal favourite it the New Jedi Order series. First off, it has some veteran authors from Bantam era, and new comers who I think are better than the Bantam vetrans. Second, I enjoyed that they used an enemy besides the empire. It's a fresh start to not have some lost Admiral, warlord, etc. pop out of nowhere with a fleet of star destroyers or some unknowed superweaponds. Third, it proves our heros are not invicible. By killing Chewie in Vector Prime, they showed that even our long time heros are not safe. Fourth, now in the recent books, the Empire is joining the fight, thus reunting the the freed galaxy. So, that is why the New Jedi Order is my favourite Star Wars book series.

7. Laynel

Apr 30, 2003
    They had no right to kill off Chewie. I suppose I should read them but I only read the one Michael Stakpole wrote right after Vector Prime, and I couldn't get into it.
    "I, Jedi" is also good, and the Rogue Squadron ones, especially Aaron Allston's. Wraith Squadron rules!
    I really need to re-read Timothy Zahn's...

8. clonedmenace

Jun 29, 2002
    I like the NJO... come on, it's not like Chewbacca was doing anything productive anyways! ;)

Oh, and I thought of a SW book I didn't like... Cloak of Deception. That was waaaay boring.

9. Lordstimpy

Lordstimpy Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 1, 2002
    They had to kill off someone. It was getting old that these hero's were indistructable. When they killed off Chewy it changed the formula alittle. Besides at first they wanted to kill off Luke.

10. Laynel

Apr 30, 2003
    Luke was a whiner who was only ever interesting in Zahn's novels. I just don't like it. Chewie was always giving and protecting. It seems unfair that he had to die. My brother is pushing me to continue the series. How can Han get along without Chewie?

11. clonedmenace

Jun 29, 2002
    How can Han get along without Chewie?

If you read the books, you'll know! ;) ...That is to say, it's been a year or so since Han was deeply in distress, and I really don't remember :p

12. WarmasterDan

Sep 3, 2002
    He goes around, gets drunk, and helps this dude find his family. :p

13. LukeSkiewalker

LukeSkiewalker Jedi Master star 4

Apr 4, 2003
    WoooHOOO! I just got the newest issue of SW Insider last night anf it has part one of a 3 part Zahn story!

14. Orli_Bloom_fan

Orli_Bloom_fan Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 27, 2003
    geeze! All I've ever read is the books of the film and Young Jedi Knights. Nobody likes YJK it seems. but I love it. I also read the courtship of Leigha(no idea who the author was, but it was really good.), and the diaries of Han, Leigha, and Luke. Thats about all my library has. :(

15. WarmasterDan

Sep 3, 2002
    Courtship of Princess Leia was good. Main reason I read it was the death of Zsinj. Twas an interesting story, eventhough Dathomir is way different now. Haven't read YJK, but a friend has, and he really enjoyed them.

16. clonedmenace

Jun 29, 2002
    I just started Refugee... i like the NJO :)

It's been a long time since I read the YJK... I enjoyed it but I don't really remember it that well lol.

17. Laynel

Apr 30, 2003
    Courtship of Princess Leia had some wierd force stuff going on with Luke. It was just strange.
    Haven't read the Young Jedi books.
    What do you think of the comic books?

18. clonedmenace

Jun 29, 2002
    I haven't really read the comic books... just a couple of trade paperbacks i got my brother for his birthday or Christmas somewhere along the line. They're nice, though :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.