main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:WA Ready, Steady, Go! - Next Meetup

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Chiron_au, Feb 24, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chiron_au

Chiron_au Jedi Youngling

Feb 17, 2001
    okey dokey

Just to get the momentum going again - when will the next OR meetup be?

Id like to get the ball rolling, cause online posting and chat will get OR only so far

There is a need to sit down properly and discuss some of the issues that require immediate attention - eg Constitution - No constitution - OR remains a pipe dream....

Princess Lego set a date (i think) for that to be completed - its not a hard thing 2 do, I think completing this task is a good test of just how serious the OR committee is...

Id also like to meet the people behind the people behind the people to c what u guys r like. My social secretary has informed me that Saturdays r going 2 become a bit if a bitch and if Im going to become involved in this id like 2 meetup sooner rather then later

At least that way Ill have a better idea what work can be delegated 2 me.

After next meetup, it would be good if someone started putting all the club info on the OR site (eg all the stuff posted in the democracy thread - but in an organised sorta way) so there is something for other people to c

Perhaps there r some lurkers here waiting for some concrete evidence the club is going somewhere b4 committing..............u never know (I was a lurker at TFN from its inception - didnt even post till ~oct 2k - so there u go)

Well im going to stop rambling now and get some shuteye ...bye bye [face_devil]

2. soneil

soneil Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    Ok. A meet is needed so let's organise it.

The date will be chosen from the following based on whichever one is easier for folks to attend.
    9, 10, 16 or 17 March.
    Would anyone like to volunteer to host it? Otherwise, we will again but the same place twice in a row is probably not the best. Generally, I think this meet should focus on short term goals. Ie. Immediate priorities.

Things to discuss.

Club constitution. Plenty to discuss there. I'd say this will take a lot of the time.

Club bank account. This will probably mostly involve Sith Magician and perhaps myself and a few others but I think everyone should have a say in the club finances.

Swancon. Pinback can lead the discussion about this since he's been looking into it.

Club website. By then, the basic structure of the website should be ready and it will be a case of filling in the content.

Posters, flyers. A lot of places have a greed to display, distrubute them when we do them so we need to do them. But first, we need to decide what we'll say on them.

Club contacts. We want to get people interested in the club but what do they do then? I think at least 1 member should list themself as a contact for phone enquiries about the club. Club post office box perhaps?

Date and venue for the following meet. We should get in the habit of planning meets properly.

Any additions, problems, corrections to these discussion items, post in replies here. Let's set a record for the meet with the least time spent getting side-tracked.

3. Grizzly

Grizzly Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2000
    16th or 17th would be better for me as the weekend prior is somewhat up in the air atm.

4. Chiron_au

Chiron_au Jedi Youngling

Feb 17, 2001
    Fridays r no good
    Sat 17 is ok

5. Jedi_Nat

Jedi_Nat Jedi Master star 5

Nov 28, 2000
    Suppose I better make an appearance this time. I think everyone's getting a little peeved off with my no-shows.

Just one thing, official or unofficial meets: can we not make them EVERY weekend? At the moment it seems that the group is being clingy. Once a month is OK, once a week is a bit much. Some of us have other friends.

6. Pinback

Pinback Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 30, 2000
    Excellent point, Jedi Nat; begs another question you should all ponder deeply and seriously before the next meet: precisely how much of your life is OR going to demand, and are you really, truly willing to part with it?

7. soneil

Nov 30, 2000
    I don't expect the official meets will be more than once a month. If people decide to get together more often than that, just as a group of friends hanging out, then there's no obligation on any OR members to be there. Lately there have been an awful lot but I think that's mostly been because there's been an awful lot of people moving.
    Of course there's also guys like Sith_magician & I who already used to hang out that often before OR started. We just invite more people now. I see your point though.
    So just to clarify. Anything you should be at will be specified as an official meet. People may be invited to other things and OR may even be discussed but the other meets are not a part of OR.

8. Sith Magician

Sith Magician Jedi Master star 5

Sep 14, 1999
    OK then, if noone puts their hand up I'll raise mine,
    Meet at my place on Sat. 17th march, everyone cool with that?
    If not speak up now, we need to do something soon to get this club out of the basement and into life, we're starting to lose ppl, not because of lack of enthusiasm on their part, but through lack of things actually happening.
    Everyone understands that we all have our lives to lead, but if we really want this to happen, then we need to follow through on what we're talking about.
    LD, it appears you have a lot of experience in running this type of thing, please say you can make it and point us in the right direction, your help is desperately needed here.
    And in reference to what Soneil has said above, we do need to get down to business at these meets.

9. Ethane

Ethane Jedi Youngling

Feb 20, 2001
    I can come on a sat or sun, but I just want to ask one question, can I bring my daughter, because finding a BS is a real pain in the @^$&

10. Sith Magician

Sith Magician Jedi Master star 5

Sep 14, 1999
    I understand, but for this one, I would really prefer ppl use babysitters, My place isn't that big....

11. JediLeia21

JediLeia21 Jedi Youngling star 4

Dec 7, 2000
    17th of March is fine , by me

12. Ethane

Ethane Jedi Youngling

Feb 20, 2001
    Sith Magician,
    I will use all my considerable force influence techniques to try and coerce one of my Rellies to mind Gracie (my daughter).

Ethane

13. soneil

Nov 30, 2000
    I think the main reason SM recommended babysitters is that his boy and our 2 kids were at the last one and they made it very difficult to have a serious meeting.
    We're in the same boat.

14. Princess_Lego

Princess_Lego Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 4, 2000
    Actually, I find getting babysitters really hard too. Could we please, please, please have it here again. No offense SM, but your place is just a bit small, even without the kids.

Ethane, how old is your daughter. I'm sure with more preparation I can keep the kids occupied while we're discussing business.

15. Ethane

Ethane Jedi Youngling

Feb 20, 2001
    Princess,
    Gracie is 21 months, just at that ge where shes curious about lots of things I guess, shes not Rancor or anything, just active. I would really, really, really, like to be part of this, so if its not a hassle, to bring her to meet would be alot easier for me

16. Jedi_Nat

Jedi_Nat Jedi Master star 5

Nov 28, 2000
    The 17th is OK with me. The folks are out of town - out of the state as a matter of fact - so I'll be able to make. That's what aslo makes it hard for me to come to meets - my parents don't like me meeting strangers on the net. BTW, the meet will definetley not be held at my house, again the folks don't like it when there's guests over when they;re not home.

17. soneil

Nov 30, 2000
    Wherever the meet is held, I think it will be easier if kids aren't there. Last time, we put the kids to bed but there were still a lot of interuptions. If we could find someone willing to babysit a few kids for a night (not totally out of the question) then the venue would't matter too much. Otherwise, I think we'd need to make sure there's a VCR set up in another room with some good kids videos. Perhaps a few people could take turns keeping an eye on them. I understand how difficult it can be getting kids looked after. I think it would be easier for all the parent here if we cooperated rather than all having to find different babysitters ourselves for each meet.
    I think SM's place might be ok if there was a video player in the bedroom (a small one like ours maybe). If it was at out place, we could temporarily move the tv & video to another room. I don't think we could realistically expect an easy time getting kids to sleep early when there's lots of people around.

18. Princess_Lego

Dec 4, 2000
    Hey, now that's what I mean by a bit of preparation. I just suggested it and you're already coming up with some good ideas. Videos and some munchies should keep them all entertained, plus we've got heaps of toys. If I get one of those gates to put across the hall doorway, the little ones shouldn't bother us at all.

19. Ethane

Ethane Jedi Youngling

Feb 20, 2001
    Yeah, that sounds like a pretty swell idea, and I don't really mind looking in from time to time to see that they aren't beating each other with plastic sabres. I'm pretty good with kids. There's only one problem, I sitll don't know where its going to be held (address that is) and I still have no idea what date you guys are going to meet.
    Sorry, if I'm being a little familiar, seeing as I haven't met any of you in person, but I'm a firm believer in saying what you need to say.
    I think I may have mentioned that I don't know where all this is taking place, so I just thought I would ask again.

unfamiliarly yous,

Ethane

20. soneil

Nov 30, 2000
    It looks like our place has been decided on as the venue. If anyone would prefer another location, post it here, otherwise I'll assume it's at our place. I'll ICQ our address & phone # to Ethane and anyone else who wants the details.
    Most people seem to want the 17th as the date so we'll go with that.
    I still haven't seen any suggestions or changes for the agenda yet. That's very important.

21. Ethane

Ethane Jedi Youngling

Feb 20, 2001
    Soneil,
    as far as I know I don't have an ICQ address and I am unfamiliar with net enough not to know what one is. I do however had an e-mail address, which is aka1876@hotmail.com that you can send the info to me.
    Other than that I guess you could PM me with the details. Hopefully this will suffice as I can't think of any other way for you to get the details to me.

Thanks,

Ethane

22. soneil

Nov 30, 2000
    I've asked Princess Lego to send you an email so stay tuned. If you'd like to be on the mailing list for events then send her an email at susie@oneil.com.au with the address you want to be on the list.

23. JediLeia21

JediLeia21 Jedi Youngling star 4

Dec 7, 2000
    so it's the 17th at soneil's place , yeh cool
    look forward to meeting you Ethane :)

24. Princess_Lego

Dec 4, 2000
    Just talked to Ethane on the phone, 6 o'clock seems to be ok for us. How do the rest of you feel about that?

25. SoulKrusher

SoulKrusher Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 25, 2000
    I have a good enough warning so that's fine with me. CYA all there.

What will be the highlight to talk about this time round? Anything I need to prepare for? For instance the logo? Hmmm?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.