main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Ready to Crash (Obi-Wan Drama) Post: 10/14 #9

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by KrystalBlaze, Jul 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lady_Moonbeam

Lady_Moonbeam Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 4, 2002
    I read that and lost my breath right with Obi-Wan when he was trying to find out where the dreams were coming from. I liked the addition of Jocasta, too, and how Obi-Wan worked throughout the night and didn't even notice it.

:_| How much longer can he stand it?

2. jedimastersam

jedimastersam Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 6, 2003
    powerful story

3. KrystalBlaze

KrystalBlaze Jedi Master star 5

Aug 3, 2002
    Moone: Yah, nice review. ;) I like Jocasta. She's got that sarcastic wit thing going on. :)

jedimastersam: Thanks. [face_blush]

AUTHOR'S ANNOUNCEMENT

My computer time next week will be cut dramatically (as in one hour a day on the computer). I only have one post written and am working on the next one. The posts are going to slow to a snail's claw because of my father's new one hour rule. I'm truly sorry for this, and please offer me words of wisdom as I deal with this heartbreaking rule! :_| He's a computer Nazi! :_| :_|

4. PatttyB0123

PatttyB0123 Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 2, 2003
    Oh no Oh not I do not have any words.
    Okay KrystalBlaze.
    Yuo are good writter. I am tears. :_|

5. PatttyB0123

Apr 2, 2003
    Hey some parent should be proud that their kids spend their time writting and not partying too much.

I will be waiting for the next post.

6. PatttyB0123

Apr 2, 2003
    Oops! sorry double post my apologies.

7. obaona

obaona Jedi Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    UP! POST! YOU MUST! :_|

:_| :_| :_|

:p

8. KrystalBlaze

Aug 3, 2002
    Patty: Why, thanks for the posts. ;) :p

oba: Whew, another reader. Oh, dear, I made you cry. ;) Thanks for stopping by, my friend. :D

Next post in a few minutes.

9. KrystalBlaze

Aug 3, 2002

Part Four

?Welcome, Master Kenobi,? Mace Windu told them solemnly. ?Padawan Skywalker. We have a mission for you.?

Obi-Wan?s breath hitched. Anakin glanced at him out of the corner of his eye, Obi-Wan?s edginess poking through their training bond. His Master refused to look at him or even acknowledge him. He heard Master Windu clear his throat, and looked at him, annoyed.

?The government from-?

?I have a request.?

Mace raised an eyebrow from the datapad he was reading. Anakin looked wildly at his Master, stunned. He had never heard of an instance in which someone interrupted the Council. It was disrespect in its highest form. He had never expected his Master to be the first one to interrupt a Council member. It was almost amusing.

?Yes, Master Kenobi?? Yoda said after a beat of silence.

?I cannot accept this mission.?

Anakin started, amazed. Obi-Wan was such a conservative Knight. He couldn?t recall a single occasion in which his Master had disagreed with the will of the Council. After being brought to the Temple, Anakin had researched all he could on his Master and Qui-Gon Jinn, wishing to learn more about who they were. He had asked other Knights, and each had told him one thing: Qui-Gon was the rebel who disagreed with the Council, and Obi-Wan was pulled along for the ride as his apprentice. No one had ever told him of Obi-Wan disobeying the Council.

Well, now the roles are reversed.

Yoda hummed. ?Why??

?I request to be sent to the planet Textri. It?s a planet on the Outer Rim world.?

?Why?? Yoda asked again. His ears were flattened against his head, and his silver eyes were wide and thoughtful. He appeared more curious than disturbed.

Obi-Wan glanced at Anakin. ?Padawan, would you excuse us for a moment??

The boy?s eyes widened, and he looked at Obi-Wan through hurt and torn eyes. ?But-?

?Please, Anakin.?

Anger leaked into his heart as he stared at the man before him. How could he ask him to leave? What exactly did he have to tell the Council that he didn?t want his apprentice to hear? Where in the gods was Textri; they?d never been there. Why was he asking him to leave? There was no reason for this! A Master-Padawan team required trust; the katas were supposed to teach that! Obi-Wan had just pounded the lesson into Obi-Wan yesterday! Why was he turning his back on his own lessons from only a day before?

And of course, that led to the question of his Master?s absence after Anakin awoke him. The boy had gone to sleep in an empty apartment and had awoken in an empty apartment. Where had Obi-Wan been all night? Looking at his Master, he could practically see the weight on his shoulders. His eyes were red and tired.

Serves him right for making me leave.

?Anakin,? Obi-Wan said quietly.

Smoldering, Anakin left the room with a bow or parting word. Obi-Wan registered the fact with annoyance.

?I?ll speak to him about his behavior,? he told the Council. No one made a sound, and he went on. ?Masters, I apologize for interrupting your counsel, but I cannot take this mission. I need to go to Textri.?

?Explain,? Mace barked.

He looked beyond Mace and out into the pale sky. ?I have been having dreams every night for the last half year. They were- they are, interfering in the training of my Padawan. I have reason to believe that someone wishes my presence on Textri- a psychic, if I am correct.?

For a long moment no one spoke, and then Depa Billaba said, ?What do you know??

Obi-Wan crossed his arms over his chest. ?When I was an apprentice, Master Qui-Gon Jinn and I were sent to Textri. I don?t recall that mission, but Textri- I?m sorry, Masters, I haven?t told you about the dream.?

?Is it a premonition?? Mace asked.

?I think so,? Obi-Wan said softly. ?A voice is calling me to an ocean. It wants me to come. I can?t sleep. I go days without it because I don?t want to have the dream. It?s interfering with Anakin?s training.?

?Scared of it, you are?? Yoda asked.

You good for not

10. PatttyB0123

Apr 2, 2003
    Oh oh Anakin is going. Oops! what happening if somebody else there waiting to get Anakin? or Obi-Wan. Oh no.

IS A TRAP!!

Great post....Yehaa!

11. KrystalBlaze

Aug 3, 2002
    Patty: Thanks for reading.

*looks around*

HELLOOOOOOO???

Next post tomorrow, if anyone cares.

*pats neglected fic*

12. diamond_pony2002

diamond_pony2002 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2002
    GREAT POST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

13. PatttyB0123

Apr 2, 2003
    I care Post Post

14. KrystalBlaze

Aug 3, 2002
    diamond and patty: *hugs readers* Thanks for sticking with it

It was my birthday today and I saw Seabiscuit, which sent little plot bunnies zipping down my spine. I have to say, that is one of the best movies I have ever seen, and I live to watch movies. Excellent.

I am now the mighty 15! Hear me roar!

Post in the next few minutes.

15. KrystalBlaze

Aug 3, 2002
    Praise for the person who knows enough of the other language I used to figure out the languageI have in this fic and translate it. :)

Part Five

Ten years earlier?

?Master, I don?t understand why we?re going here.?

Qui-Gon Jinn raised his eyebrows at Obi-Wan?s comment. ?How do you mean??

Obi-Wan lounged on the sleep-couch, humming quietly to himself. At Qui-Gon?s comment, he sat up, rubbing his hands through his hair. ?Honestly, Master, I don?t understand the point of us being sent to a planet on the brink of a civil war when civil wars are often what brings about change. I just don?t see the point.?

The older Jedi thought for a second, and then answered, ?Wouldn?t you rather bring about change without blood shed? Isn?t that important, too? Some changes can be brought around without a war. Are you telling me you?re happy that these two sides are about to rage war???

?No, Master, of course not!? Obi-Wan protested, flustered. ?I just believe wars have some place.?

?Which is a way of saying you?re okay with this war.?

?No, Master, that?s not what I?m trying say.? Obi-Wan stood up from the sleep-couch and began to pace, his braid swishing behind him. Qui-Gon watched him, curious. ?I just believe that it is sometimes better for worlds to settle a dispute on their own, and if it comes down to war, then it comes down to it. Some planets and their governments need to make that choice. It?s the only way that they?ll grow and build a stronger government.?

Qui-Gon mulled over the words as their transport sped towards the planet Textri. Obi-Wan took his silence to mean he would discuss it later, but Qui-Gon surprised him and said, ?That is logical, Padawan. It is also wise. However, in this situation, both sides do not want war, just change, even the Aetherius caste. They just don?t want to give as much as the Degravo caste is demanding. We want to find the middle ground and hopefully avoid a war.?

Obi-Wan shook his head. ?I still think they need to settle this on their own, Master.?

The older Jedi nodded. ?Then that is how you feel. Do not let it, however, cloud your mind and cast bias towards one of the castes.?

?Of course not.?

?Good.? Qui-Gon stood and stretched. ?We should be there soon.?

Obi-Wan smiled at him. ?Three days too long for you, Master??

?To be frank, yes.?

The apprentice laughed and went towards the door. ?I?m going to ask someone how long it will take to get there. It?s too crowded in here.?

Qui-Gon frowned. ?Really?? He motioned to the two sleep-couches that were barely five inches apart. ?I think it?s safe to say that it?s just a bit cramped in here.?

Smiling, Obi-Wan pushed the door open and exited into a corridor that stank of rotting wood and urine. He scrunched up his noise and held his breath as he walked down it, trying his best to ignore the people camped in the corridor. They were begging for food, their bodies thing and their cheeks sunken. He glided past them quickly, exiting the corridor and finally breathing. Seeing so much hunger and starvation sickened him. He wanted to help them, but Qui-Gon had all ready told him they must not. It wasn?t the way of the Jedi to help the hungry on a way to a mission.

He hated The Forgotten Warrior with everything in his being. The ship was so old and terrible. It was practically falling apart. It was a refugee transport, although it did not have a mess hall or any suitable dining facilities. The passengers were forced to salvage their own food for the three day journey. The ship stopped at many worlds on its trip, the last world on the run being Textri. Obi-Wan bitterly wished they could have taken their own transport, but Qui-Gon had insisted upon regular transport.

He swept down the corridor and entered into another one filled with the same vision. He drove the image from his mind as he walked down the hall and came to the cockpit. He knocked on the door and a gruff voice barked out, ?what??

?I want to know when we get to Textri!? he called.

The

16. obaona

Jun 18, 2002
    Half-naked Obi . . . [face_love]

:p Two posts! GAhhhhh, why didn't I see them earlier? :( I'm reading, Kryste, I'm reading . . . I just don't always see updates. :p

Seers, eh? They better get out of our Obi's head! :p

17. PatttyB0123

Apr 2, 2003
    Good that you had good time in your 15!!
    ------------------------
    Hey what about Qui-Gon.
    Searh him toooo!
    poor Obi-Wan. Yeah the man did not like the boy.

18. KrystalBlaze

Aug 3, 2002
    oba: don't we all [face_love] that lad? [face_love] [face_love]

*slaps herself*

I just don't always see updates.

A little busy, my dear? ;)

Patty: Ah, loyal reader. :) Thanks. Well, do you really want to see Qui-Gon stripped?

*pause*

I didn't think so. Obi's so much better. [face_love]

Thanks for reading! :D

19. diamond_pony2002

Nov 6, 2002
    AHH!!! I MISSED A POST!!!!! I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!!!! BUT IT WAS (IS) GREAT!!!!!

20. PatttyB0123

Apr 2, 2003
    No krysalBlaze [face_blush]

[face_laugh]
    Qui-Gon? [face_laugh]

21. KrystalBlaze

Aug 3, 2002
    Diamond: Hey, no worries. You saw it in the end, and I write to read, no? And you read. Thanks for sticking with the story. :)

Patty: Hmm... I'm not sure... I know some people who like Qui...

coughRaynécough :p

Next post in a few minutes.

EDIT:

You see how much I toll and labor to get a color? :p

22. KrystalBlaze

Aug 3, 2002

Part Six

The Archives were surprisingly empty when Anakin entered the large room. It was early, yes, but usually it was packed with Jedi researching mission or something of the sort. Even after six years at the Temple, the Archives always amazed him. Coming from such a desolate place as Tatooine, he had never been introduced to such a well furnished place. The price of the Archives was enough to buy all the slaves from Tatooine, although of course the situation would never come up.

?Padawan Skywalker,? said a voice from behind him. He turned around to see Bant?s smiling face. He offered her a slight bow, but she waved her hand. ?I didn?t see you this morning for the first meal. Any reason why??

His earlier frustrations came back. What was Obi-Wan so bent on hiding from him? ?My Master and I were called to the Council. They were going to send us on a mission.?

There must have been something about his tone, because she stared at him. ?What do you mean ?were?? Did they change their minds midway through the meeting??

?Something like that,? Anakin said dryly. ?Master Obi-Wan requested we not take the mission and be sent to Textri.?

Her reaction was immediate. ?Why would he do that? That planet isn?t anything but water now. He shouldn?t want to go back.?

Her last words immediately caught Anakin?s attention. ?You mean he?s been there before? What happened??

She looked at him strangely, then away. ?I?m sorry, Anakin, but if Obi-Wan chooses to not give that information then I won?t. I?m sorry for even hinting anything. He frustrates me to no ends, that man.? She saw his puzzled expression and smiled. ?I?m sorry, really. He?ll tell you.? She started off. ?I?ll be seeing you, kid. When do you leave??

?Whenever I can get transport,? he called after her, winning a glare from Jocasta Nu, who was strolling past him on her way to the computer consoles. He waved at Bant in dismay. What was so important about Textri? Why did Bant know, and how he, Obi-Wan?s apprentice.

She?s right, he thought angrily. He is frustrating.

He raced after Jocasta. ?Madame Nu, please, I need help.?

The Archivist stopped and turned, her eyes narrowed. ?While then, Padawan Skywalker, I would appreciate it if you didn?t yell in the Archives.? He bowed before her, and her eyes softened slightly. ?You and your Master are going to kill me with your needs, especially late at night.? Her words were rimmed with affection.

?What was Master Obi-Wan searching for last night?? he asked her. ?What file does he have??

Her features were suddenly heavy. ?He took a file??

?Yes, and he?s been holding it like he?ll die if he lets it go,? Anakin said irritably.

She shook her head. ?I?m afraid I don?t know, Padawan Skywalker. I know what he was looking at last night, however, if that will help.?

?What?? he asked eagerly.

?Your missions,? she answered. ?He looked at your file.?

He looked to her, perplexed. ?File??

She chuckled. ?The Archive keeps a file on all Master-Padawan pairs. He looked at yours, and at the one he shared with Master Jinn. Apprentices are not allowed to see the files, though, in case you?re going to ask. Is that all??

He looked crestfallen. He had met another wall. First Bant, and then Jocasta! Why wouldn?t anyone one tell him something? What was so great about Textri? He tried not to look dejected. ?Would you, then, please tell me about Master Obi-Wan?s fascination with the world Textri? I believe it?s on the Outer Rim.?

Her eyes immediately closed up. ?I?m not too sure I should tell you that, Padawan Skywalker, if your Master has not told you. It?s not my duty or place to tell you.? She smiled kindly. ?Don?t be discouraged, though. I?m sure he?ll tell you in time. Is that all??

He turned away from her. ?Yes, thank you Madame.? Angrily he left her, almost running out of the Archives. He was so frustrated. Bant wouldn?t say a word. Jocasta wasn?t talking. And Obi-Wan, his Master, didn?t trust him enough to tell him anythi

23. diamond_pony2002

Nov 6, 2002
    POOR OBI AND ANI! HE'S DRINKING?! NOO!!! ANI HELP HIM! GREAT POST!!!

24. obaona

Jun 18, 2002
    :eek:

Obi-Wan is drunk?! :eek:

Ah, he deserves the vomiting then. :p Anyway, MORE! IT'S GOOD! IT'S INTERESTING! :D

25. KrystalBlaze

Aug 3, 2002
    Oh my friends...

I have cover art!! HEHEHEHE!!!

Ready to Crash cover art

Made by the wonderful and talented obaona!! *mad hugs*

diamond: POOR OBI AND ANI! HE'S DRINKING?! NOO!!! ANI HELP HIM! GREAT POST!!!

Why, thank you. ;) :D Hehehe. Drinking Obi... hehehe.

oba: Obi-Wan is drunk?!

Ah, he deserves the vomiting then. Anyway, MORE! IT'S GOOD! IT'S INTERESTING!

Well, he didn't mean to. It.. just... uh... sorta happened... you know?

*runs*

Girl, I [face_love] you!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.